Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Someone just donated 18k to it. I don't know if it's funnier/more pathetic that someone is stuffing the ballot box that hard or if some insane person actually believes in CG to the tune of thousands of dollars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Vince MechMahon posted:

Her justification for it, which was essentially "I was being an ignorant idiot who didn't realize I'm not an indie DIY artist anymore (despite being exactly that, technically) and due to my success shouldn't be acting like I'm still couch surfing in the early Dresden Dolls days," and then paying everyone and it never happening again is all perfectly reasonable. Honestly anyone who still brings it up years later is probably just a misogynist and should be featured in this thread, but not for the reasons they think and are causing them to post right now.

Amanda Palmer surely receives way more than her fair share of vitriol due to misogyny but I think people also bring it up because Amanda Palmer has a history of doing and saying problematic things that could also be featured in this thread. "I was being an ignorant idiot" is one thing for regular business terribleness and another when you're saying racist or ableist things, so sorry, not much slack from me.

She actually did make a comic about her molested conjoined twins project, but y'all are right, probably not for this thread. It's just refreshing not to have to think about EVS in here.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Skwirl posted:

Also Renfamous is trans I believe, so there's a healthy dose of transphobia mixed in with the misogyny.

I thought this too and I’m not sure why, maybe just because she’s just very pro trans and gets an inordinate amount of poo poo for no reason. but she’s mentioned a few times in other tweets that she is a straight married ciswoman.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Stan is the new word that actually means fanatic since fan just means everybody who likes a thing now.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

SoftNum posted:

Can laywers just compel laypersons like this?

As I understand it, the people writing the letter aren't actually compelling any action or inaction themselves. Spoliation of evidence is illegal, evidence being any material that may be involved in litigation. As soon as you are aware that your materials might be legally relevant it becomes illegal to destroy them, so if someone informs you that legal proceedings have begun that you might be involved in then it usually invokes the duty to preserve records right away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/Spadez86/status/1144264240724885505

It is you who is the racist! No, I'm not too familiar with any popular memes on black twitter, but let me tell you about Stereotypical Black Sports...