Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

Wanderer posted:

So I guess after the announcement that Alyssa Wong would be writing some books for Marvel, somebody decided to gin up a hate parade against her by blatantly falsifying a tweet where she slagged off Stan Lee.

https://twitter.com/crashwong/status/1156652450629091328

The weirdest part of this Alyssa Wong harassment campaign is that it requires Comicsgaters to pretend to be sad a Jewish guy is dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011
That Enchantress drawing makes all the sense in the world, though.

"Guess the right-hand panel will just be a full-length shot of Enchantress. Okay, torso's done and... Oh poo poo oh poo poo oh poo poo."

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

E the Shaggy posted:

https://twitter.com/SuburbanJawn/status/1382658734883758082?s=20

Who could have seen this coming from the creator of "Little Girl Lethal"??

I hope the lettering on that preview page leads to some kind of enhancement charge.

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

Skwirl posted:

How do these people think this is okay? Not from a moral perspective of equating Superman being bi to pedophilia and beastiality, I know how they do that, they're terrible human beings.

But saying the company you work for is about to start promoting pedophilia and beastiality and think you'll still have a job working there? Aren't right wingers supposedly in favor of capitalism and "right to work" poo poo usually?

They unironically believe that consequences are something that other people experience.

A good number also believe that they're part of a silent majority and they're just saying the part that everyone else is too scared to.

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011
John Romita called Stan Lee "a con man who delivered the goods" and I think it might be my favorite description of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011
I was a huge fan of Hanselmann up until Crisis Zone, at which point I fell off hard and kind of regretted how much I enjoyed the earlier work. Not only did the quality and coherence of the work take a dive, but it also read like Hanselmann had veered hard into "gently caress You, Got Mine" territory after the success of the last couple of books.