Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
John Ostrander is on there too. However the cheapskate only gave twenty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Yeah I was kidding when I called him a cheapskate, you give what can. I know how it goes.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Yeah, but give credit where it is due. That was Kriby's contribution.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
He's to the left as Sean Hannity or Rush Limbaugh is to the right.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Dawgstar posted:

I would almost assume he made the new Snake Eyes a young Latina just to spite them.

If he did would find it dumb and petty.
I would love him forever for doing it.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Good on them.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Puppy Time posted:

Man, I gotta quit sleeping on that F&F series

I'm just going to quash your dreams right up front. No, Vin Diesel and The Rock do not have an oiled-up shirtless make out session. And we will probably never see since the two don't really like each other anymore.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I have no idea but I know I'm not touching it with a ten foot pole.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Covok posted:

Heard he went after a 16 year old, but that could just be an idel rumour.

Remember Transformer 3 and how the MC kept Texas' Romeo-And-Juliet law in his wallet? (I think, at least. Never saw the movie but a comedian made fun of the movie for it).

That was actually transformers 4, not that Dark of the Moon was much better quality-wise. One of the Cinemasins videos did point out that that poo poo is in a lot of Michael Bay's films and now I can't help noticing that poo poo in all his films.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Stolaska has more or less created a persona for himself that is actually a very effective satire of Nerd manchildren as a whole:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf2tBFfMLMk

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Okay looking through the reviews and yup, some guy has a Milo Yaniopolis or however the gently caress you spell that avatar. It's getting review bombed.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Those various reasons boil down to “the women are dressed now.” And keep in mind there’s still cleavage, useless armor, and pin-heeled shoes*, but since MK realized having mostly-naked tits flapping about actually sells less than visually well-developed :haw: characters the usual dudebros are having their pissfits. I saw a guy wearing a shirt of a bikini-wearing Jade that looked like it was 15 years old (bits of the design faded and peeling off) and wondered if it was in protest.

* there’s an x-ray of Kitana driving blades into an opponent’s face with a kick and what a missed opportunity to have her do it with her shoes instead.

There's also the more... obvious reasons about having highly sexualized designs being combined with over the top ultraviolence and the franchise has courted enough controversy in it's time.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Yeah it's just an idea that has become the far-right's response to mass shootings in America. Naturally this has lead to lawmakers in Florida passing a resolution in favor of this.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
And The Authority wasn't a fascist power fantasy either.

Under Ellis I mean. Take a guess which goatlicker started that.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Wolverine killed an innocent woman who was not in control of her actions in X-men 2.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Superman hosed up a dude's truck because he was rude to a lady friend of his in Man of Steel.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

bessantj posted:

Yeah but I just don't want to think it.

Man we Europeans really hosed up the world.

Well that depends on if you count the UK as being part of Europe. If not, 40% otherwise 60 America hosed up 27% The remaining is them loving up their own lands. Usually as a response to whitey loving up 97% of the world.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

X-O posted:

I mean we always knew he was a piece of poo poo, but this right here proves he was a sociopathic monster.

To be honest I'm surprised that they were all over 18. He always had that kind of pedo vibe about him.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
You know just the other day I was pointing out that Rorschach was an unpleasant racist Necon Psychopath who smells funny and hates women to somebody on YouTube.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Don't forget about Mark Blade the vampire hunter.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Maybe Mark Slayed could have but well...

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Rhyno posted:

I believe that under the letter of the law we are required to.

You didn't read the ruling, he's legally required to change his name to Piece Of poo poo.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
honestly I'd give that show a little time before saying the show leans one way or the other. Some things about the two episodes give me serious centrist vibes.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Dawgstar posted:

No clue. I just know it's a chan thing and like Endless Mike I don't care enough to search more about it.

Dickie and company have always seemed to be unaware where 'boi' comes from though, which is pretty funny.

I'm guessing they think it's from God of War 2018:
https://youtu.be/n12Q2Pj9ESg

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Dawgstar posted:

You would think a woman would be able to draw breasts but welp.

Hey, that's discrimination.

Women can be lovely artists too.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I know exactly what you mean. I'm still trying process my thoughts on all this. What he did was disturbing and wrong on so many levels. But on the other hand his work is the whole reason I view comics as an art form.

I do have to wonder if he knew this was coming. In the latest season of Castlevania the character who is one of the "grumpy old man with a heard of gold" archetype that Ellis likes to use as his author stand in is revealed to be a serial child killer.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
So uh, the Jae Lee situation has taken kind of a turn:
https://bleedingcool.com/comics/jae-lee-to-tom-king-were-not-all-good/

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Well, he hasn't really done anything since then has he?
Pretty sure it's dead and buried at this point.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Hey guys remember when Joss Whedon was hailed as a feminist?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Rhyno posted:

I'm sure Baldwin will stand up for Whedon.

I wouldn't be too sure about that.
The two argued constantly on the set about politics.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
So some more Joss Wheedon being a shithead on the set of Justice League this time about Gal Gadot.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/joss-whedon-threatened-gal-gadots-career-during-justice-league-mess-report?ref=home

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
So some people are made that cast a non binary actor in sandman

to play a non binary character

https://www-thewrap-com.cdn.ampproj...31AQFKAGwASA%3D

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
He could have just been taking some time to figure out his next move. All this came out following his most commercial success after all. He probably had the money for it.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Oh be fair

It's more like 7/12 of Cable and Deadpool.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Gripweed posted:

This happens with adaptations sometimes. Stephen King has said the ending of the movie The Mist is better than the ending he wrote for the short story. It's just somebody else later having a better idea for the material. It's not a mark of Millar's poor morality.

Yeah but in thia case they dropped the whole bloody premise almost entirely.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Wanderer posted:

Ellis had a distinct edge going into 2023, but Millar is really working to close that gap.

Ellis has at least kept his shittiness strictly contained to his personal affairs and not the comics industry at large. So there's that.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Didn't Grant Morrison ghost write a large portion of Red Son?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I did see one VR game on Steam that came out that he was a consultant on.