Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

After a round of ridiculous baits of bad faith posting that killed the thread all I have to say is that Wendig dude was fired for really tame tweets compared to calls for guillotines that you can see daily on twitter (which are completely justified imo because just look what pieces of poo poo run things everywhere and where the things are goings at current speed).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Why does that Squirrel Girl have crosses as weapons, thats some korean mmo rear end art school

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

aren't those the guys who paraded Lee in his twilight years in public events like a carcass in a PT Barnum show

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Madkal posted:

I'm reading some old (1980's) Batman comics and in the issue I am at Batman is tracking down some serial killers who kill women because feminism is challenging their masculinity. They complain about how women are making men weak and such, and I am wondering if these are the comics chuds want to go back to when they say they want to go back to when comics weren't political.

Ah! Those are from a Jim Starlin run, followed by the introduction of KGBeast, a rogue soviet assassin in BDSM gear trying to kill Ronald Reagan with his palestinian sidekick on a glider; and Joker becoming an Iran ambassador.
but those serial killer issues are okay, that run in general is good on showing a very fragile Batman in an unforgiving world, at the time when it wasn't completely played out

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Elizabeth Breitwiser

Which apparently it's more about her husband being a shithead and her going along with it than her actually personally supporting it but yeah still sucks

nah she shares chudness with her husband completely, they did some streams with ~Uncle Ethan~

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

https://twitter.com/PatrickZircher/status/1091095314734501899

What I remember most was 'Pro Tip - don't be Ethan' and also that Ethan couldn't visually tell a story to save his life and made mistakes that were justifiable for somebody six months in the business, not as long as he's been.

It is utterly baffling to me that EVS completely flushed his lucrative career (like drawing 6 issues tops of Green Lantern or Flash for mucho $$$ every year) and severed any good will ties with most colleagues just to be a youtube ranter and publish loving Cyberfrog.
Does he know that you can be a chud and keep a low profile?

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Principal Hellmann posted:

https://twitter.com/SjwSpiderman/status/1092212086350987271

It's feels pretty good that none of these guys will ever set foot within a mainstream comics office ever again...

Mike Miller has a very normal one online

"the final solution" what the gently caress

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Samovar posted:

Wait, wait, wait.

Was he the guy who did that Batman comic with Bman blasting up a train using handguns, and everyone pulling the most bizarre faces ever?

He is also quite a classic Batman and Green Lantern artist but he is mostly known these days because of the Odyssey, yes.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

https://twitter.com/nearit/status/1130915422692360192

:thunk:

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

vseslav.botkin posted:

It's also important to remember that Ellis is from a culture which has historically been much more comfortable with nasty protagonists -- just because somebody wrote some Judge Dredd stories doesn't mean they're a fascist, after all.

Authority ramming their supership through the not-Fu Manchu city or straight up sinking an island ruled by alien baddies (presumably killing millions) is very much in line with Judge Dredd launching the nukes at East Meg One. Neither is followed by a giant neon "WE ARE THE BADDIES" sign but the reader is expected to think about the implications themselves.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Jackapol posted:

Wasn't Brandon Graham a super creep? Coulda sworn that dude got kicked to the curb, but his named popped up with a new comic of his through Image called "Rain Like Hammers". Looks generically of his style, and of what I remember from a few years ago he didn't just shot himself in the foot, he blew his whole flank off with creepy comic defense after creepy comic defense. Egh Image should be doing better, always seems like a better idea to distance yourself from theses skives dudes so as to not upset some potential money making scheme sometime down the line.

Was revealed to be a creep to trans women, made an insanely cringe "diss track" comic, ran out of community and took a pause
Image is not likely to give him another big chance and promotion like with the Island and 8house (and very few people would vouch for him this time), so whatever

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

https://twitter.com/SavageSmallwood/status/1491463477952663554

Great job there Yoshida-san

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

How no one at Fantagraphics considered shooting down that cover at the pitch stage is baffling
what the gently caress did you expect

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Yeah, it has been an open secret for years because his nazi jailbait protégé's art style (who actually drew the propaganda comics) was suspiciously similar to his own. Russian community did not bother to burn his US career because he left all that behind, but last week a giant 2,5 hour video dropped - it is about Russian comics artists who worked with propagandists and huge chunk of that influencer cluster were "ironic" nazis.

fatherboxx fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Sep 12, 2022

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Joe Fisto posted:

So was all the gross stuff drawn by someone he mentored?

The most vile poo poo (both pedo poo poo and propaganda stuff) yes, but they were a duo at that point. That ex, Katya Zashtopik was a fixture of late 00s-early 10s Russian internet subculture - a siegheiling girl who got her start by hanging out with skinhead gang when she was uhh 14 was considered a favorite curiousity by some moscow bloggers and artists. At least she was older than 18 when Otto and she dated but still yikes

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

To be honest that all just sounds like a generic European comic by a respected pervert

https://twitter.com/atothe_d/status/1655992343638442024?t=6IT96uqcTognIlnwwa1JrQ&s=19

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Here is Millar during 2011 London riots

Since then and considering content of his comics, I'd safely pinpoint his politics as "redfaced dumbass reacting to tv at local pub"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

I never said he did either. I said 'acted like.' Like you're the one writing, Mark. If you didn't want to put in Halle Berry as Catwoman, you didn't have to. And the supervillain bit was the only thing that made the story interesting in theory (if not execution) so praising the movie story the way he did was weird. Honestly felt a bit like he was throwing his own story under the bus.

He got paid and it is the only thing that mattered to him