Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Eric Powell is on there too. Very comforting considering I like The Goon, but some of it would fit right into the CG narrative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Wanderer posted:

With the announcement of Saladin Ahmed's new Ms. Marvel book, the chuds are coming back out in force.

https://twitter.com/BleedingFool/status/1071454233843695617

What did Gabby Rivera do? I mean besides being a gay Latina.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Wanderer posted:

It probably doesn't help that on top of Wong's visible, unapologetic WOC-ness, her primary claim to mainstream fame is that she's a writer on Overwatch, which has been a chud lightning rod (gay characters, incredibly slash-happy fanbase, etc.) since before its actual retail release.

She actually has only been on the Overwatch team a year now. I’m not sure what she’s even written for them since there hasn’t been a whole lot in the past year, but the rest of your point still stands.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Running over a puppy with a tank may not be the worst of his crimes, but it does deceive him as a person.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

I think Superman might be worth more than 5 grand

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

The last one reminded me of Paul Dini and his wife who looks like Zatana, but that seems like a stretch.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Pigbuster posted:

Isn't the part of the titans killing everyone and ruling the world just a fantasy-nazi lie?

Haven’t read he latest chapter, but maybe. No ones really clear what the history is, and dubious people on all sides are selling narratives that push their ideals.

The whole ghetto allusions were really ham handed, but calling it Nazi propaganda requires a really obtuse reading.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

The AoT criticisms are the same as the ones against using the X-Men as stand ins for minorities if you want to keep it western comics centric.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

What a god drat world

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

ryonguy posted:

Does he look exactly like Mark Waid except for a stylish goatee?

Just picture Mark Waid in Groucho glasses sitting before the House Judiciary committee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

That last line