Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Snooze Cruise posted:

Giving my real answer here for this, but yeah I think it ties into stuff we see later in the manga as well. The Winged Lion is portrayed as a seductive figure and that mix of horny/horror is something we get a lot with him. So I think making Falin more overtly into a similar sort of figure actually plays pretty well.

OMG, that's so confusing, you're double posting to two different threads!!!

But at any rate, hm, well, you're right on that point, I'll definitely concede to that in that panel where TWD steps out of the book with his leg all extended like a sexy character in a Tex Avery cartoon. I guess for me, though, "Gainaxing" is associated more with lighthearted / humorous ecchi and is generally played for laughs and fanservice, and I didn't really feel that it was appropriate for such a visceral scene, in a tonal sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

https://twitter.com/yangiohh/status/1784702098396922153

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
Tim Curry would be my ideal English va for winged lion. Yes I can't stop thinking about his shapely legs, why do you ask

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Tim Curry would be my ideal English va for winged lion. Yes I can't stop thinking about his shapely legs, why do you ask

I'm escaping to the one place that hasn't been corrupted by desire!!!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
It's very funny that the true horror of getting detained by the Elves is that they just have a completely different time scale so just keeping you for questioning takes loving forever.

Unless you actually use black magic. Then you disappear or become part of the canaries. RiP.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

Snooze Cruise posted:

Giving my real answer here for this, but yeah I think it ties into stuff we see later in the manga as well. The Winged Lion is portrayed as a seductive figure and that mix of horny/horror is something we get a lot with him. So I think making Falin more overtly into a similar sort of figure actually plays pretty well.

this

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

The page count of sexy Winged Lion discourse in the Dungeon Meshi Season 3/4 thread is going to hit triple digits.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I like how Maizuru grumbles about Shuro needing to be able to stand up for himself more when one of her specialties as his nanny was summoning youkai to drag him back home for scolding if he misbehaved.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

We're in the zone where I super wonder what they're going to compress or where the season will end again. The episode preview says next whole ep is shapeshifters, and I was wondering if they might try to squish that down but looks like no.

It's possible that Canaries don't actually do anything this season, cliffhanger it at them just entering floor 1 or something?

Which is more likely, Canaries barely entering or Trigger skipping Dumplings till next season?

Floor 1 also presents some pretty perfect season cliffhangers.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

yeah, i am really hoping that they get to the floor 1 part but so far the necessary compression hasn't happened. at 2/episode its ending at 52

it still seems like it would be super weird to give the canaries that much billing and then give them nothing to do though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Terrifying Effigies posted:

The page count of sexy Winged Lion discourse in the Dungeon Meshi Season 3/4 thread is going to hit triple digits.

I can't wait for next episode and the Dumplines one where we get "Senshi is a 10 in a party full of 5s" discourse.