Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I mean. she has a brood patch. so eggs are implied

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pureauthor posted:

We just got this episode and I cannot loving wait for next week's one.

But its already up???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS7W-Ps3mqE

They cut out a lot but I think they got the essence.

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
Wasn't the dragon male? I don't think she's laying many eggs

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Waiting for next week be like

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

chrome line posted:

Wasn't the dragon male? I don't think she's laying many eggs

It's canon she's got a brood patch so presumably she can lay eggs as well?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Waiting for next week be like

Or like

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
Maybe male dragons take part in the incubation as well? Or maybe it wasn't male and I made that up

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
I'm excited because the fighting is going to be sick and it's going to give a better glimpse of what the secondary cast is motivated by, but also worried because most discussion places are gonna turn into the Shuropocalypse. At least maybe it'll get some heat off all this Kabru slander, dude's not mad about heresy he's acting like he just heard the cattiest gossip :colbert:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

It's gotta feel so bad to have a fuel sac you can't empty.

Maybe she can empty it but can't ignite it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Well remember she was going to starve to death eventually. She was not properly made.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

they didnt include this bit:(

Still enjoy that within seconds of meeting Laios, Kabru's correctly intuited exactly what happened between their parties in the past.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Apr 19, 2024

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Synthbuttrange posted:

they didnt include this bit:(

Still enjoy that within seconds of meeting Laios, Kabru's correctly intuited exactly what happened between their parties in the past.

Like Laios, Kabru is very good at what he does. Unlike Laios, what he's good at is useful in general society.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

This account seems to have more of the newer side material that isn't organized and translated.

https://dunmeshistash.tumblr.com/post/747059388649439232/i-do-believe-this-one-is-more-about-culture-and

Kabru's rizz is so high he convinced the landlord to let him rent for free, and then convinced the landlord to clean his room for him, also for free.

Kabru: Causal racism against kobolds
Laios: Oh that's just like the Highlanders we have near our village
Falin: Casual racism against the Scottish
Kabru: :gonk:

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

chrome line posted:

Maybe male dragons take part in the incubation as well? Or maybe it wasn't male and I made that up

The dragon was male but it doesn't really matter for what's going on with the end result. The body turned into fleshgoo raw ingredients, re-funneled into Falin upon the very basic draconic template Thistle has reused likely thousands of times. Faligon is a one-of-a-kind abomination with dysfunctional anatomy created from meat slurry by a delusional wizard so the unknowable answer to the most Laios question is in you dear audience.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

golden bubble posted:

Kabru's rizz is so high he convinced the landlord to let him rent for free, and then convinced the landlord to clean his room for him, also for free.

kabru is the most powerful character in the series

Sander
Sep 10, 2022

MiracleFlare posted:

I'm excited because the fighting is going to be sick and it's going to give a better glimpse of what the secondary cast is motivated by, but also worried because most discussion places are gonna turn into the Shuropocalypse. At least maybe it'll get some heat off all this Kabru slander, dude's not mad about heresy he's acting like he just heard the cattiest gossip :colbert:

To be fair, telling a lovable autistic boy who thought you were his friend that you never cared for him and only tolerated him to hopefully bang his sister one day, and that it is his own fault for not catching on, is some rather not endearing behavior.

It only gets more frustrating as the story goes on and you realize how much Laios has suffered. and been burned with human connections. Like, Laios hearing Kabru's earnest confession and immediately assuming it is a lie is just so sad.

You know Shuro was wrong for this, when even his fawning nanny, who would normally slaughter Laios' entire group for him without a second thought, just shook her head at his behavior and let him get beat up.

Sander fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Apr 19, 2024

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
Oh, I'm not denying Toshiro's an indefensible dick. Laios resonates with me and a lot of other readers because of that scene and how much it hurts to go through that. I'm just not looking forward to people shouting for days how much they wish Toshiro was dead.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
To be fair Shuro is also pretty shy and weak willed, he didn't like Laios very much, but was never capable of just speaking his mind to him until now.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

I guess they aren't kidding when they call them "Tallmen". Those are high end modern averages.

(It also is interesting that Marcille's height turns out to be another hint that she's only half elf. At 160cm, she's right between the averages for humans and elves.)

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I don’t really even think of Shuro as a dick at all tbh. Yeah his behavior sucks for Laios, but it feels like an inevitable clash of personalities and cultures more than anything.

I don’t think there was any realistic reason to expect otherwise given their respective life experiences. Yes of course Shuro was going to politely weather Laios even when it drove him nuts to a breaking point, why wouldn’t he? That’s more or less the Prescribed Approach for that kind of situation back home on top of him being a shy person to start with.

Similarly, why would I expect Laios not to misread Shuro’s affected patience as acceptance?

It sucks that they both got burned for it but I don’t know think it’s realistic to expect otherwise from putting them in the same room. And then the dark magic reveal while Shuro is underfed, sleep deprived, and worried out of his mind.

Captain Oblivious fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Apr 19, 2024

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
Yeah, I guess 'indefensible' is going too far. Despite everything he does stick his neck out offering to smuggle everyone out of the country should they ever need it, and he and Laios do seem to be on sorta good terms at the end of it all? Plus, I don't think a lot of the subtle details about his upbringing will make it into the anime (iirc most of it was in side content) so that's really not gonna help matters once the reveal drops.

Actually is it too late for me to shift the blame to Toshiro's dad? Pretty sure half the issues in that entire household can be traced back to him in some way

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Yeah, as far as I understand it, "reading the room" is a huge part of Japanese culture, so if Toshiro was expecting that for cultural reasons, it's more understandable.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Hoping this gets justice next week:

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

golden bubble posted:

This account seems to have more of the newer side material that isn't organized and translated.

Most of this material is in the Adventurer's Bible (which you should buy :hai:). The landlord comic is the only thing I don't recognize and can't find in it.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Shuro and Laios's friction comes from both their individual character flaws, but part of it is that in this setting they most likely don't have a way to diagnose Laios's neurodivergence and difficulty with social interactions beyond just calling him 'weird' so they're both working at a handicap when it comes to understanding the other.

FWIW Kui portrays both of them as having cleared the air after their fight - Shuro speaks plainly to Laios for maybe the first time when he explains to him why he fell in love with Falin, and is also honest in saying he thinks Laios won't succeed in defeating the Loony Mage but wishes him the best anyway, and Laios smiles when wishing him farewell.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Can Of Worms posted:

Most of this material is in the Adventurer's Bible (which you should buy :hai:). The landlord comic is the only thing I don't recognize and can't find in it.

IIRC the Landlord comic was from either Daydream Hour or the more recent expanded version of the Bible that hasn't had an english release yet

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Regalingualius posted:

Marcille Does Chernobyl

:lmao:

Loving how everyone thinks adventurers are the dungeon control rods (which is legitimately what Kabru thinks right now!) when they're actually the ones reaching for the big red AZ-5 button.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

This metaphor of "Dungeon-as-nuclear-reactor" is extremely amusing to me. So, when the dungeon spills over with monsters, that's a nuclear meltdown!

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

I mean technically it was once a giant magical power source for an ancient civilization...they're just misinterpreting a bunch of protective measures meant to keep their descendants out.

Dungeon Meshi: This is not a place of honor

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
Don't worry, there'll be enough elephant's foot soup for everyone

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Wallrod posted:

Don't worry, there'll be enough elephant's foot soup for everyone

:hmmyes: and yellowcakes for dessert

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Kabru discourse is all I could have wished for.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

You know what I want? Dungeon Meshi figures small enough to be used on a standard-sized dungeon grid mat. Either plastic or pewter, wouldn't really matter in particular to me, but man, that'd be fun to whip out for a one-shot game.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Now when you say figures, did you mean of the crew, or of the monsters? :3

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Synthbuttrange posted:

Now when you say figures, did you mean of the crew, or of the monsters? :3

All of it! I'm a Call of Cthulhu guy, but I'd totally run a Dungeon Meshi dungeon crawl!!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Funny you should mention that. I'd made this as a test a week back but actual porcelain is a little too fragile for the feet at least in the bisque stage. Polymer clay would be strong enough though and faster in production.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The Kabru discourse will continue until morale improves

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Appropriate because Kabru would love the discourse tbh

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Next episode is when we're getting Izutsumi, right?

Nobody gonna be talking about Kabru after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Nah Izutsumi isn't joining the party for like 3 weeks. Next week is Chimera Falin, then the week after that is Shapeshifter, then we get Izutsumi