Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

BrandorKP posted:

I remember it. We all go nuts from time to time and we are all especially nuts now. Stress trends to do that.

There was nothing stress-related about it, he just blatantly used his mod powers to shut down arguments he was losing.

Anywho, both KM and raskonikov38 would be fine choices, assuming either of them wants the job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i approached rask a while back but he seemed satisfied with just being a c-spam ik. maybe his position has since changed but i doubt it.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
KM would be a good choice assuming she wants it, though why she'd want to at this point is beyond me since she's modding AGRS and seems content to focus on that.

The Trump thread is where I spent 90% of my time on this site nowadays so I'll fall on that sword and volunteer to be IK for it while a full mod or someone else is found.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

If rask is still not interested, then I would say BrandorKP is probably my #2 recommendation.

Edit: fishmech being #3.

Horseshoe theory fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Oct 17, 2018

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Me, because I hate myself.

I swear I'll treat the China thread with the respect it deserves

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Oh dear God.

I came in here to suggest you give evilweasel his star back. I always enjoy his law treatises and he seems to have a good head on his shoulders.

hell no, i did my time you can't make me take it back

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

evilweasel posted:

Your country needs you, soldier :911:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Maybe there should be an IK competition and the loser is the new mod.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

evilweasel posted:

evilweasel, if you take the position I promise not to start my planned jury nullification, scientific evidence and trains combothread.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
KM, Crow Jane and GreyjoyBastard have my votes

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Speaking as a lurker and given that most reports seem to come from USPol/Trumppol, it'd probably a good idea to have a mod who has a slightly different perspective from the "common wisdom" of the threads in question, so volkerball KM would make a good addition to the D&D mod squad.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

treasured8elief posted:

KM, Crow Jane and GreyjoyBastard have my votes

poo poo, I forgot about Crow Jane. Can I change my vote?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Crow Jane is cool, I'd be down with her.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Stymie

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
Ice Phisherman makes good posts

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Grapplejack posted:

I also think Crow Jane is a good choice

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
I think Crow Jane could be a good IK for the Trump thread and could be upgraded to mod if she does a good job, like with PPJ.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Somehow I think I thought Crow Jane was already a mod

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
I like Evilweasel and KMarch, if I only get one vote: EW. That is, if he wants it... Then it's KM with my vote.

Or just give me both votes.

I dunno.

MoaM fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Oct 17, 2018

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
if elected mod i vow to chain-ban every leftist into destitution and enforce a set of nebulous and draconian rules guaranteed to turn this forum into an abandoned wasteland over which i will rule like an emperor of desecrated graves

*double peace sign* vote possum over weasel, thank you

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

This would be a good choice.

Can’t say i respect the kind of poster who constantly reports petty poo poo, we need someone who can treat trump thread with the level of seriousness it deserves. We definitely don’t need mods with a track record of angry slap fights

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

KickerOfMice posted:

Raskolnikov38 or KM both have my vote, for what it's worth.

If Rask and KM are already busy with their own stuff, Crow Jane would make a great IK for the trump thread. She's mellow, and doesn't really get involved in the furious slapfights much, if at all.

^^^^
Yeah, that.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
From what I've seen of him raskonikov38 would be a good choice.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Crow Jane for mod. vyelkin or flakeloaf for canpol person.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
Just to end the suspense I will humbly preemptively decline and disappoint the many, many people.
I will still serve in my current capacity though.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Do not subject Crow Jane to this you monsters

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

MoaM posted:

I like Evilweasel and KMarch, if I only get one vote: EW. That is, if he wants it...

absolutely not, i would submit nonstop ban requests for whatever admin modded me until one went through or they took the hint

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
Crow Jane would make a good and honourable mod.

e: I'm going to pretend this is an STV system and give my No. 2 to Lightning Knight.

breadshaped fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Oct 21, 2018

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Crow Jane is good people. I also support KM but I know she’s pretty busy these days in real life.

(I see that my name was mentioned. I am willing I suppose but I’m not West Coast, sadly)

Lightning Knight fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Oct 18, 2018

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

evilweasel posted:

absolutely not, i would submit nonstop ban requests for whatever admin modded me until one went through or they took the hint

See, I know you're trying to make this less appealing, but...

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Jeff Clay / Kilroy all-star mod team

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

InsertPotPun posted:

Just to end the suspense I will humbly preemptively decline and disappoint the many, many people.
I will still serve in my current capacity though.

Worry not, you're already disappointing.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
i'd put in my vote for Raskolnikov38, seems levelheaded and that's the most important thing

nothing personal against evilweasel as a poster, but I'd like to vote against him being a D&D mod again. back when he used to be a mod, seeing him join a discussion was my cue to quietly leave that thread and not come back until he got bored and left the thread because everyone who disagreed with him was suddenly on probation

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

I'll support anyone who promises to sling probes at people who re-post tweets more than a page later for IK of the Trump thread.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
If I pledge to end nothing-matters and dems-bad chat in the Trump thread through probe communism, does that raise or lower my polling numbers

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

HonorableTB posted:

If I pledge to end nothing-matters and dems-bad chat in the Trump thread through probe communism, does that raise or lower my polling numbers

raise by a lot imo. that seems to cause the most slapfights, derails and awful posts by everyone.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

axeil posted:

raise by a lot imo. that seems to cause the most slapfights, derails and awful posts by everyone.

Good, because if selected the very first thing I'm doing is giving the thread a warning with a reasonable amount of sink-in time and then I'm kicking the door in and spraying probes around like it's the St Valentine's Day Massacre.

Nothing makes that thread more unreadable than the ouroboros of in-fighting that happens if we don't get Trump tweets or a scandal of some sort. We go into withdrawals like a bunch of rage junkies without an outlet and like Warhammer orks, we fight ourselves without an external enemy to WAAAAAAAGH about

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I vote the candidate who promises the most hell-purges

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
:matters: and Dems are a Waste chat are fine. Sometimes things aren't important and, at other times (quite often, given they hold zero branches of government) Dems fail to achieve their goals.

Shitposts on the former are adequately covered by the rarely enforced "effort being met with no effort" rule, while the history of purges indicate the moderation team can accurately distinguish between those who bring hot takes spoiling for a fight with shitlibs and those who can discuss the topics without devolving into "actually, Dems are failing because they are beholden to their donors and thus want GOP victories" nonsense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I think the issue is that it ought to be a discussion. If two people are having dems are bad chat but it's an actual discussion with actual effort, I think that should be allowed to happen, while unfunny driveby posting should be punished.

I also think Trump thread might be too big to fail/moderate at this point and the rules about "it has to be Trump related" are selectively enforced.

• Locked thread