Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

DariusLikewise posted:

Since 1990 there's been 128 teams that have gone 3 road games in a row, only 9 have gone 3-0. Rams play the 49ers to hopefully become the 10th and they flexed the game out!

The chargers have 41 days in between games on their home field.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

DariusLikewise posted:

The Charges have a home field?

You know what I loving mean

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

CyberPingu posted:

Wolves have won several "top division" titles though.

Unless you meant the Chargers could become a version of the modern day Wolves

The chargers have won a lot of divisions

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

DariusLikewise posted:

Rams cut Cairo Santos today, so all your kicker-thirsty teams can go hog wild

We won't

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

gently caress off Dean

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Durandal1707 posted:

turns out pissing off the majority of your fanbase thirsting after a city who didn't want them was gonna be a bad thing?!

Hot drat.

I love how literally everyone except the Spanos clan foresaw that this was gonna go badly.

Now you have the chargers star RB talking about how much he hates LA and misses San Diego

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Melvin Gordon?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Minus the Spanos's I'd imagine yes. That requires a lot of sudden deaths though.

I don't think they would as long as they own the team.

They want the Chargers back.

They'd prefer it without the Spanoses but I still think they want their team back more than anything

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

wandler20 posted:

If the Spanos built a new stadium wouldn't they be able to make a lot of money off it? I mean, San Diego is a very attractive location for many events.

Absolutely. San Diego would automatically be added to the superbowl rotation, would host college football playoff games, NCAA final four games, world cup games, etc.

They dont have the money to do that, however.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Philip Rivers owns

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

I'll buy that Hitchens could at least be aggressive in his not-goodness. Dude just like, hangs back and tackles people instead of heading towards a gap or having the ability to read and react in a productive way.

I don't remember if I actually posted it here but the guy is like a midrange safety now. His job is to not let people get too terribly far down the field, but he doesn't actually try to stop anyone anywhere near the line.

I think you guys are going to win the west but goddamn I'm looking forward to our rematch, especially if Bosa is back

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25008111/nfl-owners-discuss-viability-chargers-los-angeles-according-sources

Durrrrrr

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Yeah but on the other hand

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1052918982519521280?s=19

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Troy Queef posted:

The current rumor is that the Chargers most likely landing spot is St Louis, because of the ongoing lawsuit between STL City and the NFL over the Rams move.

I'm not seeing any rumor other than a St Louis radio host lobbying for it

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

weird Asian candy posted:

AB is an excellent owner, op :colbert:

Counterpoint, eat the rich

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chargers come home

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Spoeank posted:

I can't find it now but someone overlaid all of David Johnson's NextGen Stats charts of his runs and it looked like some hosed up tangle of ropes in the middle. It was gnarly how they used him.

Then when they were down 4 scores they started using him properly :laffo:

Edit:

found it
https://twitter.com/JamesDKoh/status/1053029418552090624

Look at those outside runs

Melvin Gordon is good

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

DariusLikewise posted:

I thought you hated Melvin Gordon

Turns out he's a completely different player when they get him outside on screens and sweeps and pitches and not just run him between the tackle and guard every running play or a bullshit shotgun draw

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Big Jay Cutler posted:

I knew he was *good* when he put more than 500 yards on nebraska for a college team that is a constant font of disappointment

Didn’t he do something illegal that makes me hate him now though? I just have a constant sour taste in my mouth when I look at him and I’ve kinda mentally blocked it out, I don’t get this way for dumb poo poo like the Cam Newton laptop theft so I imagine it was ugly

I am fairly certain Melvin Gordon is and always has been a model citizen.

Unless he did something at Wisconsin that I don't know about

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Play posted:

The only thing Melvin Gordon did to me is bring his floppy, imprecise, unaesthetic method of rushing to the NFL and then run up the middle for no gain a bajillion times

He was also running under a mike McCoy offense his first two years.

This year they're getting him out on sweeps and pitches and lo and behold he looks like a goddamn superstar

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1053311597379235840

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Newsome was on the practice squad so I am assuming he's with the team already

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Does the practice squad travel with the team to away games? I don't see any reason they shouldn't, but at the same time this seems like a really rare situation where it would be important they did.

I guess with a London game you get there earlier and can actually use them in practice.

I am also assuming that after the london game they are just going to reverse this transaction and promote Ellerbee again. This is specifically for if Gordon can't go tomorrow.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/PFF_Chargers/status/1053360134888607745

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Flikken posted:

Has he blocked a field goal yet?

no but he is very versatile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s4-ZyQk5Yk

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

Fuckin stoked to see which mediocre college QB goes #1 next year

Drew lock

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Have you heard of the Los Angeles Rams because Todd Gurley is currently steamrolling the entire league

Going into this week I am pretty sure the Chargers led the league in 20+ yard plays.

LA football exciting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Fat Jesus posted:

what's Gruden's record at drafting Good Players?

The last time he drafted a good defensive player he literally died

• Locked thread