Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Spacedad posted:

Grant Morrison kind of handled her poorly in the comic (Jane was basically her replacement for the team - when Elasti-Woman did finally show up it was as a weird deity creature) but the show is handling her in a really interesting manner that I think is an improvement over Morrison.

Rita wasn’t in the Morrison run at all - she was dead up until about 2004. I think maybe the deity creature that you’re talking about might be Rhea/Lodestone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

I always liked the idea that Batman doesn’t kill Joker because he knows he lives in a world where ghosts and demons are real, and he ain’t about to take a chance on Joker coming back like that.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Rhyno posted:

It low key bothers me that McHale is actually playing Skyman.

It's still bugging me that he isn't a member of the Knight family, unless they're saving some connection about that for later episodes.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Has that black cat shown up before this episode? I know it was supposed to be there to lead Pat to his discovery, but I have a suspicion, especially after seeing that black top hat in the car.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

This is a pretty minor thing, but it's pretty funny to watch two characters who are supposed to be mechanically inclined diagnose a car with a bad alternator when the engine is trying to turn and steam is coming out of it.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Azhais posted:

He'll end up being the lantern or something

Oh my god he’s going to pick up the pen isn’t he?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

I hope not. Jakeem Thunder was black in the comics so I think they ought to keep that rolling.

The brother mentioned Jakeem in an earlier episode, so they're almost certainly going to go with that, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was an episode where they show how dangerous the genie can be by having the brother find it first before it gets passed along to Jakeem.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Perhaps worse, it’s an adaptation of the upcoming video game of the same name.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Argue posted:

So who were those Supermen? The one with just a blacked out symbol... was that meant to be Red Son Superman? I think the one using ice breath might have been the Batman Beyond one who was being controlled by Starro, and the brief split second shot of one near the end might have been Justice Lord Superman? And I have zero idea about the one with a scar over his eye.

Pretty sure the first one with the black symbol was Overman and the second one was Justice Lords Supes. Unsure about the scar guy too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

I’ve already forgotten what Dorothy’s ending even was and it’s only been two days since I watched it.