Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Herr Tog posted:

this is looking to be the best 100% LP of this game
It's the ONLY LP of this game I seen with a Piss Counter and that makes it the only LP ever worth watching of this game.

At least Cage was brave enough to warn people of Notch's rampant indiscriminate murders but did we listen?! No society, no we didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

White Coke posted:

That cop not wanting to bother a scared dog is the least realistic part of the game. American cops love killing dogs.

Keep a tally of how many things David Cage gets wrong here. Spoilers: there will be many bizarre occurrences after our main character was possessed and did a knifecrime.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
This is already insanely funny

I remember when a German videogame magazine I used to get on subscription had a super feature on this game because it was so radically new and interesting. They gave you a walkthrough of the toilet intro which is, in retrospect, one of the stupidest things to have a walkthrough on.

I actually really like that you can look at random poo poo and get super depressed from it. Like if you want an immersive story experience this would take you out immediately because it's completely ludicrous, but as a laugh at dumb poo poo simulator? This game (and probably the LP of it!) seems phenomenal.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I love this game so much, apart from that one section

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

today, lets visit the park

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I can't believe Tyler's girlfriend nearly talked him into killing himself just so he could prove the point that she should stop worrying about the criminals.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I hope you manage to keep Tyler just only on this side of suicidal throughout the whole playthrough.

Also Roger Corman is a good comparison for David Cage.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Lost my poo poo at every interaction with Jeffrey, you're doing the Lord's work with this LP my dudes

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Can't believe you got Harvey Fierstein to guest in this episode.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

David D. Davidson posted:

Also Roger Corman is a good comparison for David Cage.

How so? Corman seems aware about exactly what kind of movies he makes while Cage seems to think he's making high cinema.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Yeah in hindsight Suda 51 is more Corman, Cage is more M. Night Shyamalan in that he can deliver when he has people to reel in his worse instinct and his Spielbergian delusions.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

david cage is like the titular freak on a leash, from the song "freak on a leash" imo. and ill say it, they should keep him on there.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Watching these videos back and the thing I'll never get over is the mood meter. It leads to such dumb and hilarious simplifications as "I guess I have to live with letting that kid die for the rest of my life, or until I take six particularly good pisses" and it really gets us into the mind of who Lucas Kane is.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

He does seem to be the kind of person who is like "I said I'm sorry for ruining your life, that means we're even and you have to forgive me?!".

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Simply Simon posted:

He does seem to be the kind of person who is like "I said I'm sorry for ruining your life, that means we're even and you have to forgive me?!".

if lucas lived in 2018 he would run the burger king social media account and talk to randos about their mental health

anyway, update time!

White Coke
May 29, 2015
How much better would this game be if it was all long takes like in Phantom Pain?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I've seen this game played like five times now and I still don't know how the simon says bits works.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Wow, so this game can just lock you into a game over state by having said 'no' to your ex and then winning the ridiculously long bug section where if you win you still get -20.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Okay yeah, right around here is the point where the game jumps from "Pretty interesting little murder mystery told from the perspective of the killer and the cops" to "Why the gently caress are there ghost bugs." It was a nice one third of a game they had going.

cat beard
Dec 19, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

I've seen this game played like five times now and I still don't know how the simon says bits works.

If I remember right it corresponds to the d-pad and the action buttons, so red and red lighting up would mean press up and Y/triangle. I don't know how they handled this on PC.

This game goes so horribly off the rails in a lot of ways, I love it. Looking forward to seeing you guys get through the story.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

cat beard posted:

If I remember right it corresponds to the d-pad and the action buttons, so red and red lighting up would mean press up and Y/triangle. I don't know how they handled this on PC.

im playing on a dualshock 3 and it automatically maps the qte poo poo to the sticks. the directional poo poo has to be head-on into that direction, which uhhh is kind of a problem when ya gotta put in 12 directions in 5 seconds

vvv we're basicly done with recording the game and i forgot about remapping it every session unfortunately, WHOOPS

FutureFriend fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Nov 8, 2018

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

FutureFriend posted:

im playing on a dualshock 3 and it automatically maps the qte poo poo to the sticks. the directional poo poo has to be head-on into that direction, which uhhh is kind of a problem when ya gotta put in 12 directions in 5 seconds

You should look for a way to re-map that

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

DeathChicken posted:

Okay yeah, right around here is the point where the game jumps from "Pretty interesting little murder mystery told from the perspective of the killer and the cops" to "Why the gently caress are there ghost bugs." It was a nice one third of a game they had going.

At this point I was still hoping he was having paranoid hallucinations.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

let's look at a body

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

"I gotta turn the amp on first."

-20 WRACKED

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

There should be an event where you realize you have to do your taxes and it's an immediate game over because it drains 500 psych points.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
That painting looks like someone started writing the word 命, but got bored halfway through and decided to draw a cock and balls instead.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Any psychiatrist can tell you that the best way to avoid depression is to not do anything at all, and go back and lie in bed.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Well this episode was a hoot. Now that I'm mentally prepared for FutureFriend to die five times an episode I'm braced for the rest of the LP.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
At first I was horrified that he was deliberately ruining Lucas's life but now I've steeled myself.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Let's be fair, Lucas seemed to be ruining his own life well before FutureFriend took control of him.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

ChorpSaway posted:

Let's be fair, Lucas seemed to be ruining his own life well before FutureFriend took control of him.

yeah who buys a guitar AND a punching bag?

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Doesn't Lucas get cold with the window open when it's -10 degrees?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Why do you think he went to bed fully dressed?. Also those aren't blankets on his bed, just some kind of avant garde sheet.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

I find this “seeking out all the bad endings” approach to Lucas’ existence pretty loving hilarious, personally

it’s like the Larry Miller Hair System episode of Aqua Teen Hunger Force, in the form of a vidjagame

thank you, FutureFriend, for Lucas’ terrible life decisions :tipshat:

SatansOnion fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Nov 15, 2018

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Can you die from talking to the pathologist?

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

SelenicMartian posted:

Can you die from talking to the pathologist?

i assume theres enough ways to get carla to get at a real low point, but so far only lucas has been mainlining depressants. speaking of lucas mainlining depressants, here's a new update!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

So that's the end of my story. I got shot like 20 years ago.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Fahrenheit, a cinematic experience where your actions have real consequences - except when they don't, which is always.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

FractalSandwich posted:

Fahrenheit, a cinematic experience where your actions have real consequences - except when they don't, which is always.

They make a bar go up and down and then Lukas jumps off a balcony again.