Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Holy gently caress, what is wrong with all the models in the stealth section? Every other model looks passable, but then those children and soldiers are suddenly weird abominations?

And those soldiers threaten to shoot children they know live on base by holding the butt of their rifle to their ear and pointing it to the side?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

So that's the end of my story. I got shot like 20 years ago.

I'll never find out what mistakes I'd make in my future in the toilet of that snowt diner bar.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

"Oh poo poo, those kids years back totally died and not suddenly moved to a different town like my brother said!"

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Okay, wow I've actually watched the video now and holy poo poo that sparring match was nuts. I can't believe this loving Matrix/MGS/GOD HAND poo poo they're pulling in it was just them keeping in shape.

Also why is it that most games with gyms in them at this time decided that making it hard to do a modest workout reflected well in any way? Pressing X 53 times to do ten reps doesn't reflect too well on my character's strength IMO.

Also the smash cut from -20 psyche to Lucas at home gearing up to death sprint off his balcony was hilarious. The idea of him running home to mope in his chair was just mmm :discourse:

Usually, I'm not one to go 'But why don't they just' during a game but this one you really should've been able to just shout in the hangar that there's a fire and everyone needs to get out instead of talking to everyone one by one. The one that I'll give to the game is that he was a kid at the time so not making the smartest decisions at the time is fine but if Lucas were smarter the best play would've been to tell the guard that something fell on the kids in the hangar instead of leading with the unbelievable truth of imminent fire & explosion.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

SelenicMartian posted:

"Oh poo poo, those kids years back totally died and not suddenly moved to a different town like my brother said!"

I knew they all didn't move to the same upstate farm.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

if Lucas were smarter the best play would've been to tell the guard that something fell on the kids in the hangar instead of leading with the unbelievable truth of imminent fire & explosion.
Or just say there were children playing in a hangar.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SelenicMartian posted:

Or just say there were children playing in a hangar.

:shrug: I felt like children playing around somewhere they shouldn't be and they got themselves hurt was a pretty good lie.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I hope FutureFriend accidentally pushes Tyler too far and he also goes to Lucas' apartment before jumping off the balcony.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

I hope FutureFriend accidentally pushes Tyler too far and he also goes to Lucas' apartment before jumping off the balcony.

tylers game over state is going to florida and being eaten by the swamp

speaking of game over, guess what game isn't over? that's right its indigo prophecy!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I forgot about the racist Chinese man who has a Japanese name.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

So, something like this?,

(But with more balcony, obviously).

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Waffleman_ posted:

I forgot about the racist Chinese man who has a Japanese name.

How could you possibly forget.

Years later this was one of the things I remembered. This and the giant office fleas.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

chiasaur11 posted:

So, something like this?,

(But with more balcony, obviously).

No not even that (But thank you though, that was a wonderful blast from the past) I want Tyler to do the exact same rigamarole as Lucas but the game's so poo poo that it's like their models swap out and he's in Lucas' apartment instead of in his own and I dunno, drowning himself in his sink or whatever his fail state cutscene is.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm just sad that Tyler's in such good spirits so we can't semi-softlock the game behind winning the basketball game.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Everything about this section of the game was bad, it had no redeeming qualities to it at all. That's incredible.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

What kind of police station stores their files on VHS tapes that are still apparently "disks"?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
It's a tape drive. It was a lot cheaper to archive on tape than on external drives until recently and degrades slower. Should be cassettes though, you're right.

The bigger question is why they put all their archive material in a damp sewerage maintenance area.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Nov 30, 2018

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

The bigger question is why they put all their archive material in a damp sewerage maintenance area.

hell i call my youtube channel a "damp sewer" so it seems completely normal to me

anyway, its update time. we're gonna head over to agatha's house and do some long QTEs

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Well since everyone is busy disrespecting him, I will make the comments.

gently caress's wrong with Lucas to just be walking in on people's homes with no hesitation like that?

I kinda wish that when you'd failed the hypnosis section you'd get arrested by the cops and just fade out of Agatha's apartment and into a jail cell.

Also there was so much awful poo poo happening in the last episode that I totally missed the part where Lucas made this as his next point of action, as overwhelmed by Carla's claustrophobia and the 'faux' racist accent on that bookseller as I was.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

FutureFriend posted:

hell i call my youtube channel a "damp sewer" so it seems completely normal to me

hey, I do that too!

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

RareAcumen posted:

I kinda wish that when you'd failed the hypnosis section you'd get arrested by the cops and just fade out of Agatha's apartment and into a jail cell.

I'd say have it end like The Blues Brothers, Lucas reaches of Agatha's hands the Carla and Tyler who are suddenly there just slap the cuffs on him.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I rewatched the video and the problem was just that my brain was failing last night. Within the first three minutes you guys discussed why you were going to see Agatha in the first place.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

today on indigo prophecy, we're gonna find out a little more about murder methods and sports

FutureFriend fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Dec 12, 2018

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

The more I see you LP, FutureFriend, the more I think you should take up... chess?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

No one noticed that Jeffrey has "Magic Jeffrey" on his jersey and that's an amazing detail.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Man, you know what you should do with this game?

You should hang it up!

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Tyler's continued happiness saddens me.
I just have this mental image in my head of Tyler having a mental breakdown right there on the basketball court running off, still in his jersey in the middle of winter driving to his wife's/girlfriend's place of work dragging her out to his car and then taking off for Florida.
"No honey we're going to Florida right now, no we don't have time to go home and pack our things, no we don't have time for me to change we need to go now."

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ChorpSaway posted:

The more I see you LP, FutureFriend, the more I think you should take up... chess?

how do I upvote a post?

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

ChorpSaway posted:

yeah sure you've got rough words for me now, troll... but we'll see how much of a yellow belly you are when you see me on the let's play court, dressed like this:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

And that's how my story ended. I never solved the murders in the cafe, because to the world, I'm just terrible at basketball

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

David Cage truly is an auteur filmmaker because I rarely ever see such a blatant waste of time outside of films.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I can't believe in one episode you've managed to rectify Tyler's fracturing psyche. Truly, you are a master planner, FutureFriend. To think that you've thought this far ahead.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Hostile V posted:

David Cage truly is an auteur filmmaker because I rarely ever see such a blatant waste of time outside of films.
Nah, he's not good enough for films, that's why he's in the industry where the bar for artistry was originally set by programmers.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

SelenicMartian posted:

Nah, he's not good enough for films, that's why he's in the industry where the bar for artistry was originally set by programmers.
If video games really reflected programmers' idea of art, they'd go for elegant minimalism instead of filling everything with a bunch of baroque Lore.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Less about demoscene wizards, more about the '70s Tolkien nerds.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I applaud this game's impeccable scientific accuracy. It would indeed be impossible for a surgeon to cut all the arteries leading to the heart.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

In three stabs from the back, it'd be kinda hard.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

In three stabs from the back, it'd be kinda hard.

It'd be impossible even on a fully equipped operating theater with a patient that already has the chest cavity opened and the heart fully exposed.

Unless, of course, this is one of those cases where anything can happen.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Technically, the coronary arteries are arteries and are taking blood to the heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

You only have two of those, what's the third stab for?

It'd be amazing accuracy and precision if that's the arteries they meant, though.