Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
One plothole that people never mention about this game. The professor dude said that The Mayan Oracle is not allowed to kill on his own which is why the ritual to find the Indigo Child is done through a random proxy. and here he is getting into a highly cinematic and violent kung fu fight with Lucas. I mean yeah Lucas is now some kind of kung fu zombie man but The Oracle explicitly states that he doesn't know that.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Feb 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I knew from seeing bits and pieces of this game a while back that things got nuts but holy poo poo I was not prepared for this kind of crazy.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Believe it or not they actually did mocap this game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ_fNSl7sAw

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Scooby Doo and the Cyber Chase was the worst of the original 4 late 90's scooby doo films that were produced by Hanna Barbera (as opposed to Warner Bros)

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
Only watched the Full & Uncut version, no regrets, anyone that does not is no true FutureFriend & Pals fan :smugbert:

(Seriously, this fight is what I've been waiting for since y'all started. Thank you for showing it off perfectly.)

Edit:
List of Lucas Kaine's Chromapowers, Demonstrated:
Superhuman Strength
Tactile Telekinesis (i.e., exerting superhuman strength with no leverage or conservation of momentum)
Superhuman Toughness/Durability
Superhuman Reflexes
Extrapersonal Knowledge (i.e, previously-unmentioned martial arts aptitude)
Extra-Sensory Perception
Flight
Gravity Control (as distinct from flight - i.e., running along horizontal surfaces, fighting upside-down, etc.)
Telepathic Link
Immortality
...and I'm pretty sure he casts Counterspell at least once in the fight with the Oracle.

List of Lucas Kaine's Chromapowers, Explained, Rationalized, or Otherwise Acknowledged:
Telepathic Link ("A wizard did it.")
Immortality ("A wizard ghost cyberghost-wizard did it.")

Ghost of Starman fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Feb 20, 2019

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It was at this point I decided I hated life but I was too deeply invested now but to continue. MAYANS, ZOMBIES AND THE INTERNET

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

:wtc:

I had the uncut video running in the background, only looking at it when you guys got excited to see new content. Holy poo poo, that fight was incredibly bad.
If it weren't for the actual video proof that they actually did mocap for this fight, I wouldn't have believed it. The animation looked so lovely.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Why does the Oracle turn into Christopher Walken whenever he's angry

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Once again I'm sorry.

For some reason the pathetic canned grunt that Lucas spews out when he gets slammed into a wall, coupled with what I think Loon mentioned about old hard games made me think of this.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

FeyerbrandX posted:

Once again I'm sorry.

For some reason the pathetic canned grunt that Lucas spews out when he gets slammed into a wall, coupled with what I think Loon mentioned about old hard games made me think of this.

Don't be sorry, that lowers your mental state!

But seriously, that's real good.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

FeyerbrandX posted:

Once again I'm sorry.

:golfclap:

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

FeyerbrandX posted:

Once again I'm sorry.

this is good as hell.

speaking of "good as hell" tho, here is the "good as hell" finale of the lp!

thanks for watching everyone!

FutureFriend fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Feb 27, 2019

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
drat it Agatha, get out of the way! I have a very specific fetish involving police officers being impregnated by the undead.

Great LP otherwise.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

:shittypop: What an ending.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
wh

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
.... the gently caress.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I can't believe the thing that saves the world from being frozen is some nearly-frozen child whispering a "prophecy" to any random-rear end dude as long as it's not the Mayan prophet or The Internet.

David Cage didn't even have the balls to let us hear what this world-saving prophecy was, nor did he write an ending for Tyler and couldn't be bothered to write any lead-up at all to Carla and Lucas loving on a hobo mattress. How the hell did this game make it past first draft?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Geemer posted:

David Cage didn't even have the balls to let us hear what this world-saving prophecy was

The prophecy was the sled. :ssh:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

FutureFriend posted:

this is good as hell.

speaking of "good as hell" tho, here is the "good as hell" finale of the lp!

thanks for watching everyone!

Wow, great work FutureFriend you're finally done. Now, at long last

You can hang it up.

Timmy Horsey
Dec 13, 2012

poo poo game. good LP. thanks, FutureFriend. can't wait for the next one

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.
Great to go through that game again with some cool fun guys, thanks Futurefriend!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
There's only one thing to say at the end of this mindfuck

Good job, FF, can't wait for the next one.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
I love you, let's play Indigo Prophecy.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I've got no idea how you unlock it but I'm so sad that Da Hidden Dance Floor didn't unlock after you beat the game. That would've been a strong point to go out on.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
You fuckin' maniacs; I love you all for doing this. I honestly hope more Cage-y debacles are somewhere down the pipeline; watching other peoples' honest reactions to the insanity is a balm.

"Man, this World of Darkness campaign kicks rear end" :v:

Geemer posted:

How the hell did this game make it past first draft?

gently caress that; how does he keep snookering people to sign on for these trainwrecks? I mean, I guess they make money, but I can't... I just can't imagine. Cage must be the world's greatest salesman in person.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I don't remember Heavy Rain being this bad, but now I want to see Heavy Rain just to realize how bad it was

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Heavy Rain is pretty bad.

cugel
Jan 22, 2010

FeyerbrandX posted:

Once again I'm sorry.

:five:

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

SelenicMartian posted:

Heavy Rain is pretty bad.

But in a riotously funny sort of way. Unintentional comedy is David Cage's specialty.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
You what I think this games models have one dimension too many, luckily one modder thought the same thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7lKPIqD6_4

EDIT: Oh and in case you're wondering what happened to Tyler. His corpse is still hanging from the celing fan in his and Carlas office. She really should do something about it before it starts to smell.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Feb 27, 2019

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Nintendo's been taking Paper Mario into such a bad direction ever since the height of TTYD.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I can't believe the Freemasons and the Illuminati were defeated by the Honorable Order of Bums and Outcasts.

Also holy poo poo let's go from 0-sexty in 4 seconds

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Will you show the secret scene with Tyler in the book shop?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

This game is every bit as incoherent as I remember it.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

The_Frag_Man posted:

Will you show the secret scene with Tyler in the book shop?

nah, we're done. scheduling for the bonus scenes is gonna be a bit too much of a hassle for like 5 minutes of content and i dont think me doing solo commentary on it is gonna add much more than what you would get from just seeing em on youtube.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

david cage is a hack

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.

Simsmagic posted:

david cage is a hack

There's a reason why I call him David "ham hands" Cage

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

RIP Indigo Prophecy. May David Cage spend more time on his next project (excluding the time he spent on the sex scene or whatshernames table dance) than I did making crazy poo poo for this thread for poorly understood reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

It just dawned on me, was Father Brother still in the hobo lair when Lucas was doing his thing?