Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008

Vonder posted:

He's not joking but he took her to an abandoned amusement park like a loving Scooby Doo villain.

it's so bad it's so bad! gently caress.

I can't remember, is this the first time we've seen Lucas' Spiderman powers? 'Cause I know they show up again but I can't remember if they're really introduced in such a stupid way. Goddammit Cage, those Matrix people were running along walls because they were moving very fast, not because they have sticky feet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008

Schubalts posted:

There is no mention of super powers until the super powers start happening when Lucas gets caught outside the apartment, other than the wizard possessing people and furniture trying to kill Lucas every chance it got. Matrix comes out of nowhere.

Yyyeah, but I guess I'm drawing a distinction between badass kungfu backflip powers - which, while stupid, kinda fall under the purview of "human, just more so" - to straight-up effortlessly clinging upside-down to the side of a sheer brick wall with no apparent handholds. Sure, you can always say that it's one of the things that comes along with "the Chroma" - it just feels really weird to do it here. And bad. And dumb. Weirdbaddumb.

FrankZP posted:

Oh no. Oh no. The "Chroma". It's the colors. It's the Simon Says bullshit.

gently caress

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
Does anyone else get the feeling that Lucas Kaine is less the protagonist of a supernatural action-mystery-kung-fu-thriller-mummy movie we've been presented with, and more like the delusions of someone with a persecution complex?

"I know it looks like I did [Bad Thing A], but actually I was chosen through no fault of my own and forced to do [Bad Things A&B] against my will. And all that evidence of [Bad Things A, B, & C] was actually planted in my apartment. By an all-powerful international conspiracy. With magic. Because my very existence is a threat to them, you see. Despite their aforementioned invincibility. Because I'm Extra-Special Magic, you see (also through no fault of my own). That's why I need you to believe me, Sexy Cop Lady, and also maybe we should be boning?"

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
I thought it would've been cool if, during that scene w/ Carla and John McCorpsicle there, his "stress" meter had visibly bottomed out and then iced over, letting you know hey, this guy's not playing by the same rules as everybody else any more. (And conveniently sparing the designers having to make any more of the lovely failure states they already seem to be half-assing for our emotionless automaton of a protagonist.)

That would've been a potentially-interesting intersection of narrative and gameplay, though, so clearly not on the list for this game.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
Only watched the Full & Uncut version, no regrets, anyone that does not is no true FutureFriend & Pals fan :smugbert:

(Seriously, this fight is what I've been waiting for since y'all started. Thank you for showing it off perfectly.)

Edit:
List of Lucas Kaine's Chromapowers, Demonstrated:
Superhuman Strength
Tactile Telekinesis (i.e., exerting superhuman strength with no leverage or conservation of momentum)
Superhuman Toughness/Durability
Superhuman Reflexes
Extrapersonal Knowledge (i.e, previously-unmentioned martial arts aptitude)
Extra-Sensory Perception
Flight
Gravity Control (as distinct from flight - i.e., running along horizontal surfaces, fighting upside-down, etc.)
Telepathic Link
Immortality
...and I'm pretty sure he casts Counterspell at least once in the fight with the Oracle.

List of Lucas Kaine's Chromapowers, Explained, Rationalized, or Otherwise Acknowledged:
Telepathic Link ("A wizard did it.")
Immortality ("A wizard ghost cyberghost-wizard did it.")

Ghost of Starman fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Feb 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
You fuckin' maniacs; I love you all for doing this. I honestly hope more Cage-y debacles are somewhere down the pipeline; watching other peoples' honest reactions to the insanity is a balm.

"Man, this World of Darkness campaign kicks rear end" :v:

Geemer posted:

How the hell did this game make it past first draft?

gently caress that; how does he keep snookering people to sign on for these trainwrecks? I mean, I guess they make money, but I can't... I just can't imagine. Cage must be the world's greatest salesman in person.