Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Art by twitter user @Awrysquare. Headers and update banners by fellow goon shadowmar.

Indigo Prophecy (known as Celsius in Europe) is a cinematic interactive drama action-adventure video game developed by Quantic Dream, the soul-bound serfs behind visionary auteur David Cage. Released in 2005, it was met with intense critical acclaim, with reviewers describing it as "forward-looking" and "thoughtful" and many of its highest praises going to the story and execution thereof. The characters were given quite a bit of press as well, being singled out as "endearing". It was eventually remastered in 2015, which is the version we'll be playing for the thread.

Becoming wildly successful, the game spawned an entirely new genre of "movie games", where you play the movies! Successes in that genre can be seen nowadays in the likes of Telltale Games (dead), Supermassive Games (alive) and Quantic Dream itself. Being a cinematic story game, most of its advertised selling points were about the innovation of branching storylines like the infamous choose your own adventure novels. Unadvertised selling points is that the gameplay is just Simon Says.

My name is FutureFriend and today we will be playing David Cage's breakout game Indigo Prophecy. I'm 99% blind on this game, so guiding me throughout Cage's master maze will be ChorpSaway, Madithen and a_raving_loon. The Let's Play itself is done live in front of an audience of just those three knuckleheads. Due to the cinematic nature of the game, we will not be providing cut and uncut commentary like we usually do.

Hey, this OP seems pretty reverent of David Cage? Weren't you one of those funny guys?

I respect David Cage. Much like him, I also produce bad content people somehow like.

Doesn't this game handle mental health and suicide in a tasteless way?

This game deals with suicide and mental health in the dumbest manner possible; a bad phone call will land you in the insane asylum. It's the trashiest garbage and I can't help but find it funny in the same way as cinema classic The Three Stooges (2012).

Are you going to show off all the endings?

leave me alone

1. No Spoilers. This is a blind LP, buddy. If you ain't seen it in the video yet, it ain't worth talking about.

FeyerbrandX shares with us what a classic character of cinema thinks about modern art.

Geemer shows me that I've missed out on a lot of new pokemon

FeyerBrandX proves that videogames and gaming are art.

FeyerBrandX sums up online (the villain, not the experience).

FutureFriend fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Mar 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

FractalSandwich posted:

I see the "up next" algorithm is on point as always.

What did you do to deserve this?

i irony poison myself every day and for my hubris, god has cursed me to have insane tories also associate with it

ishikabibble posted:

Also please maintain a piss counter tia

currently into a mad frenzy to edit my backlog to have this toilet signifier idea in

Hostile V posted:

Once upon a time either the Machinima folks or the people at Rooster Teeth did a really lovely video series that was nothing but repeatedly doing the intro murder from the first release dubbed so the peeing guy was provoking the protagonist to murder him and him going back in time to try and not murder him. I only bring this up because those videos have probably aged like milk and yet are still probably better than any edition of this game.

dont spoil our finale, troll

FeyerbrandX posted:

I've done as asked and isolated "that's cool"

Unfortunately lpix isn't letting me upload my mp3 because its not an mp3 file.

upload it to youtube and become rich off the ad revenue solely gotten by synchtube groups annoying their friends with it

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

poo poo is stored in the toilet

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

we find more toilets in this update

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Epicmissingno posted:

Does David Cage know what a massacre is? You know, since massacres tend to involve more than one death. It's either that or a commentary on the media reporting everything as worse than it actually is. I'm going to go with the former.

describing a grisly murder scene as "a massacre" is perfectly cromulent. hell, ill say it, use it to describe any murder

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

today, lets visit the park

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

david cage is like the titular freak on a leash, from the song "freak on a leash" imo. and ill say it, they should keep him on there.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Simply Simon posted:

He does seem to be the kind of person who is like "I said I'm sorry for ruining your life, that means we're even and you have to forgive me?!".

if lucas lived in 2018 he would run the burger king social media account and talk to randos about their mental health

anyway, update time!

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

cat beard posted:

If I remember right it corresponds to the d-pad and the action buttons, so red and red lighting up would mean press up and Y/triangle. I don't know how they handled this on PC.

im playing on a dualshock 3 and it automatically maps the qte poo poo to the sticks. the directional poo poo has to be head-on into that direction, which uhhh is kind of a problem when ya gotta put in 12 directions in 5 seconds

vvv we're basicly done with recording the game and i forgot about remapping it every session unfortunately, WHOOPS

FutureFriend fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Nov 8, 2018

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

let's look at a body

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

ChorpSaway posted:

Let's be fair, Lucas seemed to be ruining his own life well before FutureFriend took control of him.

yeah who buys a guitar AND a punching bag?

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

SelenicMartian posted:

Can you die from talking to the pathologist?

i assume theres enough ways to get carla to get at a real low point, but so far only lucas has been mainlining depressants. speaking of lucas mainlining depressants, here's a new update!

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

I hope FutureFriend accidentally pushes Tyler too far and he also goes to Lucas' apartment before jumping off the balcony.

tylers game over state is going to florida and being eaten by the swamp

speaking of game over, guess what game isn't over? that's right its indigo prophecy!

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

The bigger question is why they put all their archive material in a damp sewerage maintenance area.

hell i call my youtube channel a "damp sewer" so it seems completely normal to me

anyway, its update time. we're gonna head over to agatha's house and do some long QTEs

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

today on indigo prophecy, we're gonna find out a little more about murder methods and sports

FutureFriend fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Dec 12, 2018

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

ChorpSaway posted:

The more I see you LP, FutureFriend, the more I think you should take up... chess?

yeah sure you've got rough words for me now, troll... but we'll see how much of a yellow belly you are when you see me on the let's play court, dressed like this:

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Kangra posted:

I applaud this game's impeccable scientific accuracy. It would indeed be impossible for a surgeon to cut all the arteries leading to the heart.

wizards are the ultimate surgeons

btw, im too busy to edit the next session this week, so sorry won't have the next update ready until the 25th, folks

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

merry xmas, folks. here's an update

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Also you can clearly pinpoint the best example of this game being a mess when every object in his apartment came after him one by one.

hell, whenever i update (like right now) my apartment does that too, in a sort of societal revenge kinda way.

good idea to not watch this update at work, since this is the update with the requisite cagedog "videogame woman shower scene"

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

FeyerbrandX posted:

The Warden of Shawshank disagrees

lol, putting that in the OP

anyway, here is another update; this is kinda where the game just goes into hyperdrive so uhh have fun with having like 4 segments a video now

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

EasilyConfused posted:

Fading out talking about Sonic. Yup, it's a FutureFriend video.

hey troll, as much as ud like to pretend to "own" me, now that hoobastank is part of the sonicverse, its is for the normies now! speaking of having a normal one, in this update we're gonna break into our ex's apartment

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

lets have an adventure at the insane asylum!

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Geemer posted:

So, did Lucas become the normal or the Alolan Exeggutor?

:effort:

this is exactly the kind of effort both indigo prophecy and this lp deserve tbh

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

speaking of hacks, i got a new update out for y'all!

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

time to simon says over to the theme park and rescue our ex-girlfriend

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

klafbang posted:

Don't forget that auteur, artist, and philanthrope David Cage recommends you only play his games once to not break the immersion. I'm inclined to agree with him, except I recommend you play them one time less than he does.

yeah, i think it should be played atleast 4 times.

speaking of playing, this update a lil different, this sequence took me a long rear end time so there's one thats all of the recording and one thats more short and to the point, would rec watching the edited one more

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

FeyerbrandX posted:

Once again I'm sorry.

For some reason the pathetic canned grunt that Lucas spews out when he gets slammed into a wall, coupled with what I think Loon mentioned about old hard games made me think of this.

this is good as hell.

speaking of "good as hell" tho, here is the "good as hell" finale of the lp!

thanks for watching everyone!

FutureFriend fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Feb 27, 2019

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

The_Frag_Man posted:

Will you show the secret scene with Tyler in the book shop?

nah, we're done. scheduling for the bonus scenes is gonna be a bit too much of a hassle for like 5 minutes of content and i dont think me doing solo commentary on it is gonna add much more than what you would get from just seeing em on youtube.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

FeyerbrandX posted:

RIP Indigo Prophecy. May David Cage spend more time on his next project (excluding the time he spent on the sex scene or whatshernames table dance) than I did making crazy poo poo for this thread for poorly understood reasons.

thank you for continually spending an excess amount of time on being the greatest dang poster in this thread

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

GamesAreSupernice posted:

The sheer amount of snark in the OP is staggering, even by Internet standards. It even acknowledges it's a blind LP, and still manages to be outwardly negative toward the experience without having seen it through. If you think you're going to hate something, why go into it in the first place? Would time not be better spent playing something you think you'd enjoy? Enjoy unironically, even.

This is all based on the first post, of course, for all I know in the actual videos they grow to love the game and become best friends with David Cage.

thanks, mighty no 9 meltdown guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

David D. Davidson posted:

Well on a more positive note, any plans on doing any other David Cage games since they're coming to PC soon?

i've been thinking about it but probably not, i've heard beyond two souls is mostly very boring and i think any lp we do of detroit will just mostly cover the same ground as the mendrinkingcoffee's lp of it. if i ever run out of ideas far in the future, i might potentially redo heavy rain since those streams are not good. maybe if his next game is nutso, i might think about that.