Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Yeah that's Heavy Rain, his character was supposed to be a therapist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
So would this subforum or youtube be the toilet in this metaphor?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I hope you manage to keep Tyler just only on this side of suicidal throughout the whole playthrough.

Also Roger Corman is a good comparison for David Cage.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Yeah in hindsight Suda 51 is more Corman, Cage is more M. Night Shyamalan in that he can deliver when he has people to reel in his worse instinct and his Spielbergian delusions.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Why do you think he went to bed fully dressed?. Also those aren't blankets on his bed, just some kind of avant garde sheet.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

RareAcumen posted:

I kinda wish that when you'd failed the hypnosis section you'd get arrested by the cops and just fade out of Agatha's apartment and into a jail cell.

I'd say have it end like The Blues Brothers, Lucas reaches of Agatha's hands the Carla and Tyler who are suddenly there just slap the cuffs on him.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Tyler's continued happiness saddens me.
I just have this mental image in my head of Tyler having a mental breakdown right there on the basketball court running off, still in his jersey in the middle of winter driving to his wife's/girlfriend's place of work dragging her out to his car and then taking off for Florida.
"No honey we're going to Florida right now, no we don't have time to go home and pack our things, no we don't have time for me to change we need to go now."

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
You guys didn't fail at the best part, I'm disappointed.

EDIT: it was that last QTE by the way. He just faceplants on the bridge. Seriously the chase sequences in David Cage's games are the best for all the wrong reasons

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jan 16, 2019

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

CaptianKatsura posted:

This is actually the first time I've seen someone not send Tyler to Florida. I'm curious if he'll actually stay in the story or if this is still his final appearance anyway because Cage can't be assed to make actual branching story lines.

Oh he's gone, to be honest if they really needed more time to fit more of the actual plot they probably could have cut his entire character out of the game.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I'm assuming he dyed his hair blonde to keep from being recognized, and the zombie neo thing does get explained later. It's as super dumb as you can believe anything in this wonderful could be.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Feb 15, 2019

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
One plothole that people never mention about this game. The professor dude said that The Mayan Oracle is not allowed to kill on his own which is why the ritual to find the Indigo Child is done through a random proxy. and here he is getting into a highly cinematic and violent kung fu fight with Lucas. I mean yeah Lucas is now some kind of kung fu zombie man but The Oracle explicitly states that he doesn't know that.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Feb 20, 2019

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
You what I think this games models have one dimension too many, luckily one modder thought the same thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7lKPIqD6_4

EDIT: Oh and in case you're wondering what happened to Tyler. His corpse is still hanging from the celing fan in his and Carlas office. She really should do something about it before it starts to smell.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Feb 27, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Well on a more positive note, any plans on doing any other David Cage games since they're coming to PC soon?