Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

That's a really good art. Good work, Awrysquare.

Anyway, this is a good game to be blind on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

White Coke posted:

That cop not wanting to bother a scared dog is the least realistic part of the game. American cops love killing dogs.

Keep a tally of how many things David Cage gets wrong here. Spoilers: there will be many bizarre occurrences after our main character was possessed and did a knifecrime.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Can't believe you got Harvey Fierstein to guest in this episode.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I've seen this game played like five times now and I still don't know how the simon says bits works.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

There should be an event where you realize you have to do your taxes and it's an immediate game over because it drains 500 psych points.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Well this episode was a hoot. Now that I'm mentally prepared for FutureFriend to die five times an episode I'm braced for the rest of the LP.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

So that's the end of my story. I got shot like 20 years ago.

I'll never find out what mistakes I'd make in my future in the toilet of that snowt diner bar.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Okay, wow I've actually watched the video now and holy poo poo that sparring match was nuts. I can't believe this loving Matrix/MGS/GOD HAND poo poo they're pulling in it was just them keeping in shape.

Also why is it that most games with gyms in them at this time decided that making it hard to do a modest workout reflected well in any way? Pressing X 53 times to do ten reps doesn't reflect too well on my character's strength IMO.

Also the smash cut from -20 psyche to Lucas at home gearing up to death sprint off his balcony was hilarious. The idea of him running home to mope in his chair was just mmm :discourse:

Usually, I'm not one to go 'But why don't they just' during a game but this one you really should've been able to just shout in the hangar that there's a fire and everyone needs to get out instead of talking to everyone one by one. The one that I'll give to the game is that he was a kid at the time so not making the smartest decisions at the time is fine but if Lucas were smarter the best play would've been to tell the guard that something fell on the kids in the hangar instead of leading with the unbelievable truth of imminent fire & explosion.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SelenicMartian posted:

Or just say there were children playing in a hangar.

:shrug: I felt like children playing around somewhere they shouldn't be and they got themselves hurt was a pretty good lie.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I hope FutureFriend accidentally pushes Tyler too far and he also goes to Lucas' apartment before jumping off the balcony.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

chiasaur11 posted:

So, something like this?,

(But with more balcony, obviously).

No not even that (But thank you though, that was a wonderful blast from the past) I want Tyler to do the exact same rigamarole as Lucas but the game's so poo poo that it's like their models swap out and he's in Lucas' apartment instead of in his own and I dunno, drowning himself in his sink or whatever his fail state cutscene is.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Everything about this section of the game was bad, it had no redeeming qualities to it at all. That's incredible.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Well since everyone is busy disrespecting him, I will make the comments.

gently caress's wrong with Lucas to just be walking in on people's homes with no hesitation like that?

I kinda wish that when you'd failed the hypnosis section you'd get arrested by the cops and just fade out of Agatha's apartment and into a jail cell.

Also there was so much awful poo poo happening in the last episode that I totally missed the part where Lucas made this as his next point of action, as overwhelmed by Carla's claustrophobia and the 'faux' racist accent on that bookseller as I was.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I rewatched the video and the problem was just that my brain was failing last night. Within the first three minutes you guys discussed why you were going to see Agatha in the first place.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I can't believe in one episode you've managed to rectify Tyler's fracturing psyche. Truly, you are a master planner, FutureFriend. To think that you've thought this far ahead.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Having everything in a room attack you is the kinda thing I'd expect from a Legend of Zelda or horror game like Clock Tower, this game is such nonsense.

Also you can clearly pinpoint the best example of this game being a mess when every object in his apartment came after him one by one.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ah yes,

ORGA
NIZED
CRIME

the de jour fridge magnet of the police force.

I'm blown away at how badly that card reading went. I was hoping it would spiral down into horror movie poo poo at the end. And I can't believe that in all three playthroughs of this game that I've seen I've never noticed David Cage's massive loving ego. This is incredible.

FutureFriend posted:

hell, whenever i update (like right now) my apartment does that too, in a sort of societal revenge kinda way.

See, this is how I would've imagined doing a recording for one of Chorps' LPs was going. Only as your bed came hurtling at you out for blood you'd also hear a disembodied voice whispering 'kill him' like the Eyelander in TF2.

Tyler yawning a fifth of the way closer to throwing himself off a building is just peak Indigo Prophecy.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm glad you failed the earlier QTE now. In an earlier episode if you hadn't failed a segment of Lucas' QTEs he would've demonstrated some of this before just busting it out of nowhere here.

Also I can't believe that they brought in like 10 cops a helicopter and 3 police cars for one dude who stabbed a guy in a diner bathroom.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jan 16, 2019

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Man, everything about the fridge was so bizarre. Why does she have Lon Lon Ranch milk bottles in her fridge? Why is there only two uncovered sandwiches in there to accompany the three bottles of milk? Why is he hunching over and looking around the room so guiltily while he eats it?

Although the fridge being completely empty makes total sense considering the size of her apartment.

https://i.imgur.com/OjieXpB.mp4

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Once again another scene I don't remember. That Mayan exposition wizard bit was completely excised from my mind as was the chase afterwards.

Also I can't believe just locking the door was all it took to stop the Oracle. He possesses people and makes them kill for him but a deadbolt is an impregnable wall? drat you David Cage.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wow, between the balance bit and the extended childhood stealth section no wonder you put off recording for so long.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

a cartoon duck posted:

I appreciate that Tyler kept a good attitude about his partner collaborating with a wanted criminal and also the end of humanity by an apocalyptic ice age, but it's Florida that crushes his spirit.

The first one I'm trained to not be bothered by thanks to being bombared by tons of 'Trust your partner as they start doing something crazy' scenes in movies. Like K letting that alien eat him at the end of Men in Black.

Him almost immediately getting Depression after breaking up with his girlfriend may actually give Tyler way more character accidentally. Tyler might actually just be 14 years old but grew up huge like the Rock.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

There're plenty of explanations that one can come up with. Him falling into a vat of bleach while fighting a bear is probably the dumbest way they could've gone about it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

FutureFriend posted:

speaking of playing, this update a lil different, this sequence took me a long rear end time so there's one thats all of the recording and one thats more short and to the point, would rec watching the edited one more

You can't stop me, I'm gonna watch both so I can get a complete view of all your failures!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

FutureFriend posted:

this is good as hell.

speaking of "good as hell" tho, here is the "good as hell" finale of the lp!

thanks for watching everyone!

Wow, great work FutureFriend you're finally done. Now, at long last

You can hang it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I've got no idea how you unlock it but I'm so sad that Da Hidden Dance Floor didn't unlock after you beat the game. That would've been a strong point to go out on.