Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
If LSU gets blown out then I really have no idea how I would rationalize the SEC because what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

The annual "OSU gets a blowout loss to a bad team only to stay in the top ten" tradition has been fulfilled

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
hey what the gently caress

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

MourningView posted:

hey what the gently caress

Sorry, sorry. Middling team.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Henchman of Santa posted:

lol who did this

Graham Couch stole a ballot

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
UCF is gonna fall 5 slots in their bye week

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Emron posted:

Sorry, sorry. Middling team.

Thank you. The Pinstripe Bowl Champions deserve respect

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Ohio State ran almost 100 plays against Purdue and only got to 20 points I said got danged

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Why cant OSU ever play like poo poo against PSU?

Its always mediocre West teams :sigh:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Coco13 posted:

Ohio State ran almost 100 plays against Purdue and only got to 20 points I said got danged

They had like 550 total yards lol. Not being able to run the ball really killed them in the redzone

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Why cant OSU ever play like poo poo against PSU?

Its always mediocre West teams :sigh:

y'all barely beat Indiana, chill

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Man, the Venn diagram of sore loser Spartan fans on social media and die-hard Trump supporters is almost a perfect circle.

augias
Apr 7, 2009

AsInHowe posted:

Man, the Venn diagram of sore loser Spartan fans on social media and die-hard Trump supporters is almost a perfect circle.

I think sore-losing and authoritarian personality is your more likely corollary overall, rather than exclusively sore loser fans of the east lansing spartans

drewhead
Jun 22, 2002

Clemson Trolls Dave Doren during Saturday's route over Laptop comments from a last year's post game presser:

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

MourningView posted:

It'd be nice to see him with a QB who isn't a glorified fullback first

I’m one of those SEC Dumb Guys that’s convinced this drat Yankee’s bump ‘n giggle offense can’t hang with the big boys in the South.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
https://twitter.com/Ahmadinejad1956/status/1054013451033628677

Ok, one was weird. Two is uhhh. Please leave us alone now weird horrible dictator doing a happy woke twitter account gimmick person

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
OSU doin there part to get 2 SEC teams in the playoff again

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Ok, one was weird. Two is uhhh. Please leave us alone now weird horrible dictator doing a happy woke twitter account gimmick person

going to start exclusively referring to michigan as Ahmadinejad's Favorite Team

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

augias posted:

I think sore-losing and authoritarian personality is your more likely corollary overall, rather than exclusively sore loser fans of the east lansing spartans

I've had multiple people telling at me over the years that Michigan State is the team for conservatives.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
I just got back into civilization and what were the scores this weekend...holy poo poo!

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

G-Hawk posted:

going to start exclusively referring to michigan as Ahmadinejad's Favorite Team

Ahmadinejad angling for a coaching job if Harbaugh can't follow through on the season after beating MSU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Scarf posted:

OSU doin there part to get 2 SEC teams in the playoff again

they're SEC moles

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Oh hey, App's ranked in the AP.

HAIL XORT

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Texas continues its dominant march up the top 25

we're probably gonna lose to oklahoma st

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

gently caress this entire system. Beat a team on the road by 4 scores playing your backup QB? Get jumped by a team on its bye week.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

next week has some decent games and all but im excited as heck about november 3rd already

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

AsInHowe posted:

So on a lark I decided to check out the main forum for Rivals and oh boy it’s not just s party fans

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

KKKLIP ART posted:

So on a lark I decided to check out the main forum for Rivals and oh boy it’s not just s party fans

Rivals forums generally are horrible, but off topic rivals boards are low key among the worst places on the entire internet

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

zimbomonkey posted:

gently caress this entire system. Beat a team on the road by 4 scores playing your backup QB? Get jumped by a team on its bye week.

Haha, which team is this? That's crazy. Coaches or AP or both?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
East Lansing is for sure more conservative than Ann Arbor but Michigan surely has the most 90 year old fans who complain about rap music

Most college football fans are awful people.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Kentucky won a game with only with only 18 passing yards on 3 completions, one of which was a touchdown. The previous game they went to overtime despite not running a play beyond the 50 in regulation. The offense is basically Benny Snell and not much more, but the defense is elite and deserves all the credit for the past two games. They have not allowed more than 20 points in any game, only 90 points total all season, and only 60 total in 5 SEC games. Big test this week against Missouri. Win that and the game against Georgia is basically for the East. If Geogria beats Florida, Kentucky can still drop one as long as they beat Georgia and still go to Atlanta. Our offense has to figure it out quick though, we're not winning either of these games playing like we did last night.

Winds were averaging 40mph on the field during the game so just completely giving up on passing has some sanity. How many picks were called back?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

dphi posted:

Central Florida.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

dphi posted:

UCF. They dropped 2 slots in the coaches poll and stayed steady in the ap, but got jumped by Florida in the AP as OSU fell.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Ah, should have guessed it was UCF, of course

drewhead
Jun 22, 2002

This is a pretty classy move from a young man who spent the preceding 60 minutes being dominated by Clemson:

How an NC State player helped a Clemson fan after the Wolfpack’s 41-7 loss to the Tigers
https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/nc-state/article220410580.html

I like this version of NC State much better than whinny pants Dave Doren of the past two years.
In fairness, Doren conducted himself with much more humility this year, and that was a much better look than finding something insignificant to complain about. Good for him. I'll root for them the rest of the way this season.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Scionix posted:

cant wait till tua drops 45 points in 3 quarters on LSU and everyone has to dehumanize and face to bloodshed
This is what everyone actually expects will happen.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

zimbomonkey posted:

bill connelly addressed this well in the new PAPN:

don't look like poo poo for even a little while against the worst ECU squad ever

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Raku posted:

don't look like poo poo for even a little while against the worst ECU squad ever

Unless people expect you to be good then it will be mostly ignored.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Raku posted:

Wasn't ECU even worse the past couple of years?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Dabo is crushing on our president though, thank heavens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

General Dog posted:

Wasn't ECU even worse the past couple of years?

3-9 two years in a row, 2-5 right now. So perhaps it remains to be seen.

• Locked thread