Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Welcome to the whomp on the chump rear end buckeyes all day club Purdue

G-Hawk posted:

the big 10 west is a loving mess

They just haven't played each other much yet it'll sort itself out pretty fast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

DC Murderverse posted:

for one brief week until we drop a game to those child-fucker-enablers in Pennsylvania, I'm going to believe that the B1G championship game is going to be Iowa/Michigan

This is probably true but they're definitely beatable

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

Just posting here to say my roommate put money down in Purdue to win last night and I called him loving crazy for it. He won $300.

I thought they were a potential upset but I figured it would have to be like a 49-42 game or something. OSU's back 7 has been really shakey all year but I never would have predicted their offense being unable to score against a pretty crappy Purdue defense.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Oct 21, 2018

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

It'd be nice to see him with a QB who isn't a glorified fullback first

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Tennessee had to pay Butch Jones to troll them

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
18 feels fine for Iowa. They're winning every game comfortably and look like a good team but they don't really have a signature win yet. They'll jump way up if they can beat Penn State this week

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
hey what the gently caress

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Emron posted:

Sorry, sorry. Middling team.

Thank you. The Pinstripe Bowl Champions deserve respect

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Coco13 posted:

Ohio State ran almost 100 plays against Purdue and only got to 20 points I said got danged

They had like 550 total yards lol. Not being able to run the ball really killed them in the redzone

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Why cant OSU ever play like poo poo against PSU?

Its always mediocre West teams :sigh:

y'all barely beat Indiana, chill

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

KKKLIP ART posted:

So on a lark I decided to check out the main forum for Rivals and oh boy it’s not just s party fans

Rivals forums generally are horrible, but off topic rivals boards are low key among the worst places on the entire internet

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
UCF's AP ranking is more or less right in line or a little higher than where they're at in most of the good computer rankings I've seen

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

KKKLIP ART posted:

Chad Morris is the head coach and I think he was the OC at Clemson when Bryant got on campus, so there is going to be a lot of familiarity between Bryant and what Morris wants to do on offense and that preexisting relationship too.

He recruited him but never actually coached him if I remember the timeline right

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Mahoning posted:

Will Bryant have 2 more years of eligibility or just one?

Just 1

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Jeff Brohm has never worked for USC so they are legally not allowed to hire him. Also he's going to Louisville.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Oct 22, 2018

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

LeeMajors posted:

Can they afford to fire Petrino now that Schnatter is an avowed, out-and-out racist?

I dunno don't they still have all that Pizza Hut and KFC money? I just assume buyouts never matter for a major conference team at this point

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/PlannedSickDays/status/1054076600344629251?s=19

Please update your jokes accordingly. Especially Michigan fans who still pretend Kirk only goes for it on fourth down against them because they can't handle that he just owns them

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
If y'all win out you're probably still gonna have to go get waxed by Bama sorry

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Fifty Three posted:

I need Iowa to murder Michigan in the B1G CG. Can you do that?

I don't think we'll actually make it there but sure.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Declan MacManus posted:

lsu is better than people thought and florida is probably not as good as they look

tbh I think it's the other way around but I'd be surprised if UGA played that badly again this year outside of maybe the SEC title game if they make it

Fifty Three posted:

I would readily trade a loss to Iowa next week to win against Wiscy and see that happen.

Even then we'd probably lose to like Northwestern or Purdue or something. I still think we settle at like 9-3 but we've looked way better than I expected so far

MourningView fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Oct 22, 2018

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Haskins has been awesome but I'm honestly still a little surprised they didn't give the job to Martell given Urban's preferred offense. Ultimately though I don't think offense is their issue this year, red zone trouble on Saturday aside.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
OSU promoted their very good OL coach too high and then had to fire* him

* Officially I think he just left for a new job but I'm guessing he did not decide to voluntarily take a demotion from OSU OC to Minnesota OL coach

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Declan MacManus posted:

if notre dame goes 12-0 in any year they’re playing for the natty, that’s just facts b

I don't think they get a playoff bye but maybe I didn't read the rules carefully enough

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Randaconda posted:

Looking like hiring Taggart was a mistake. Hope they go ahead and fire him and the end of the season and try to hire somebody decent.

this is dumb as hell

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

KKKLIP ART posted:

Also lol at L’ville

I mean in all likelihood they're gonna wind up with one of the best coaches in the country mostly because he happened to be born there. Sometimes life isn't fair.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

I understand the urge to cling to any hope and I feel bad about bringing up him leaving all the time but man they almost literally all say these exact things

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Hmmm I guess it's true that no one successfully hired away Danny Hope or Fred Akers I don't know why I didn't consider that

MourningView fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Oct 23, 2018

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I don't know that it's a significantly better job but people also aren't linking Brohm there because they think that Louisville is some sort of football blue blood

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Everyone in the Big Ten has really nice facilities now because they need somewhere to hide network money in order to claim to be losing money or barely breaking even on athletics. Like basically every Iowa team down to the loving rowing team has gotten new practice facilities recently, and they're currently remodeling Kinnick for the second time in 10 years

MourningView fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Oct 23, 2018

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Brohm is from Louisville. He and basically his entire family played at Louisville. He got his coaching start at Louisville. It's not necessarily just about which job is better. Scott Frost could have had better jobs on paper than Nebraska last year too. Enough people who seem to know what they're talking about have said that's it's a dream job for Brohm that I'm inclined to believe it.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Oct 24, 2018

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Saban's offenses pre-Lane were pretty vanilla and revolved around a game manager QB and everybody else being bigger/faster/stronger than the other team

This was true of all Lane's offenses pre-Saban too though. He was never some spread wizard and didn't use the QB run game at all before he got to Alabama (I'm pretty sure I've seen stories suggesting that a lot of the zone read and RPO stuff was actually from Locksley). I think it was more Saban hiring Lane and telling him he wanted to start incorporating spread elements than it was Saban giving Lane free reign over the offense.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Oct 24, 2018

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I really appreciate that App St and GA Southern waited for me to get home to start doing something

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Spaced God posted:

I keep saying the words "nationally ranked appalachian state" to myself over and over again but it doesn't sound real

If UCF loses App St might wind up with a real case for the G5 NY6 slot

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I think it depends, USF would have a stronger case

USF is not actually very good so I assume they're gonna drop a couple

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Has The Game Has Passed Bud Foster By? My Column

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Nah team is just stupid young and can't do what he's asking them to well enough.

This is going about as almost badly as I expected except the offense has life (minus the parts where we kill ourselves with mistakes).

Okay sure but Old Dominion

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
App St is getting smoked

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

This post did not age well

yeah well neither did penn state needing overtime to beat them

LeeMajors posted:

What happened to Crotch Bat?

Is he still around? He's probably standing on a stool--noose tied snugly around his neck--rocking slowly back and forth mumbling about Tidewater recruits.

I don't think he's posted all year

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
a great way to get people to hate your team is to act like it is inconceivable that anyone could ever hate your team

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Jivesauce posted:

this...this isn't true, right? Like I know it's probably a joke but it isn't inconceivable they would do something like that. If it were a Kojima game I would've just accepted it at face value no questions asked.

No it's an actual thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I was making jokes about Foster but they had really bad luck defensively this offseason and that seems to be most of the problem. The Florida State game kinda made people forget about it but it turns out Florida State's line is just trash. Fuente's offense actually looks alright given that they've been playing the backup QB for a big chunk or the season

• Locked thread