Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://mobile.twitter.com/Kyle_Crew/status/1053837854806302721/video/1

feelings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Henchman of Santa posted:

lol who did this

Graham Couch stole a ballot

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Man, the Venn diagram of sore loser Spartan fans on social media and die-hard Trump supporters is almost a perfect circle.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

augias posted:

I think sore-losing and authoritarian personality is your more likely corollary overall, rather than exclusively sore loser fans of the east lansing spartans

I've had multiple people telling at me over the years that Michigan State is the team for conservatives.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

R.D. Mangles posted:

notre dame is going to get whomped by the mighty northwestern wild cat in overtime

Notre Dame never beats the wild cat!!!!

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Scarf posted:

For a team who likes to downplay their rivalry with MSU, michigan is going pretty hard in the paint celebrating.

We've now gotten to the point of Michigan players actively digging up problematic tweets of Michigan State players. One guy found a Spartan tweet about beating women for not knowing how to cook.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Ohio State is a bigger rival than Michigan State

Michigan State cares way more about the rivalry than Michigan

Michigan still hates Michigan State because they're a dirty playing garbage program full of rapists

These things are not mutually exclusive. If I had to choose I would take beating Ohio State every season over Michigan State. That doesn't mean that I like MSU though. I would imagine a similar scenario would be Georgia cares more about Florida than Georgia Tech, but they're still going to be pissed off about losing to Georgia Tech

Actually I see Henchman of Santa already made this comparison, so I could have saved a lot of words! Maybe on a scale of 1-10 our hatred of Ohio State is a 10 and Michigan State has bumped from a 5 to a 8 over the past few years of them beating our asses.

Pretty much!

mgoblog posted:

This weekend on WTKA, Lorenzo White openly joked about the giant piles of steroids MSU was doing the last time they were relevant. This is a widely-reported fact that did not prevent George Perles from becoming an MSU trustee. An internal investigation cleared Perles; in 2008 Tony Mandarich admitted his steroid use and told Armen Keteyian that by the time he reached the NFL he was addicted to painkillers. It is an open secret that MSU did zillions of steroids in the early 1990s and that Mandarich exited Michigan State a ticking timebomb. Not only did MSU let that guy escape with his undeserved dignity intact, they put that guy on the board of trustees.

I mean, why not, right? The rest of the board consists of former football players, infamous slumlord/booster Joel Ferguson, the grandson of the guy the basketball arena is named after, and a couple people who don't even have a good reason to be a shameless lickspittle in the face of incontrovertible evidence that the institution they nominally govern is a failed enterprise. Collectively they said Lou Anna Simon should keep her job after the worst sexual assault scandal in the history of the United States.

So gently caress Michigan State. gently caress their football and basketball teams especially, as they are the main drivers of the deranged culture that enabled Larry Nassar. There is a straight line to draw between Perles and the rest of his board to Mark Hollis to Lou Anna Simon, all of it enabled because Michigan State got to beat big brother in some sports sometimes. Nobody in power at that university cares about the woman subjected to Keith Appling and Adriean Payne's charms, or Auston Robertson's victim, or Travis Walton's, or the various people subjected to the presence of Michigan State players in events that weren't sexual violence but were sure as hell violent. So why would they care about insistent reports dating back 20 years about a doctor abusing gymnasts?

Well, you see, sometimes we get to rub the big in-state school's nose in it. So, obviously. It's all good.

Not only are they a dirty garbage program full of rapists, but their fanbase is collectively the angry conservatives you know on Facebook who talk poo poo and post Trump memes every drat day, but the second there's any pushback, it's time to clutch their pearls and cry about decorum. gently caress that, gently caress them, and gently caress Bill Schuette.

Also, I'm glad that Brian took a shot across Penn State's brow by calling the Nassar scandal the worst in the history of the United States.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Is this the thread to discuss the wild cat

• Locked thread