Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

TheGreyGhost posted:

Urban's inability to figure out a running game that doesn't involve a quarterback carrying 20 times a game

I mean that doesn't even seem too terrible considering how successful Urban has been at various times with offenses featuring heavy doses of QB run. But if that's been your whole deal for the last 15+ years maybe recruit dual-threat QBs and actually have them carry the ball? I don't really understand how or why Urban wouldn't have a roster built to run his offense after overseeing like 7 recruiting classes at Ohio State.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

FAUXTON posted:

Dual-threat QBs absolutely need a system built around a world-beater of an O-line so they can make good on more than their ability to rush through traffic.

Yeah but same deal, you'd think Urban would know that he needs OL (and RBs) who can run block for his offense to work. And I wouldn't think those would be all that hard to come by when you're Urban Meyer at Ohio State. You basically get first pick of recruits in Big Ten country and you can't find some big boys who can run block?

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

General Dog posted:

It's usually because the program that's historically more successful or a bigger brand doesn't want to acknowledge that an in state "little brother" is basically their equal, even if that's demonstrably been the case for the past ~40 years.

76-37-5

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
I guess I'm biased but QB running is awesome, and the viability of running with the QB is a big part of what makes college football more fun than the NFL. I was going to say "the viability of dual threat QBs" but that very much does not apply to GT.

• Locked thread