Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I'm liking this new annual tradition of Ohio State getting obliterated by a milquetoast 7-win team on the road.

Also: Butch Jones runs UT into a crater, gets fired, gets hired by the best program known to man to work their projector during film sessions and put gas in Saban's boat, and acts like he's overcome obstacles when his new team inevitably trucks his old one? Have some dignity, man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

I have allowed hope to creep into my heart which is an absolute omen that we will be down 28 late in 2Q.

Advanced stats: Other than getting to the QB, Georgia is even better this season!
Other fans: Georgia. Yeah, the team that lost in the natty last year. They're probably pretty great.
Georgia fans: This team is an utter basket case.

Florida winning would not surprise me. Florida winning by three scores the way LSU did would not surprise me.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

First time Sparty hasn't beat the spread on Michigan in 10 years, something like that?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

<ahem> May I have your attention please.

<deep breath>

North Carolina A&T beat East Carolina beat North Carolina beat Pittsburgh beat Syracuse beat Western Michigan beat Eastern Michigan beat Purdue beat Ohio State, good night everybody

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

UGA -6.5 against Florida. Ehhhhhhh

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

I think the program itself has started embracing the hate, especially the players. It’s the fans that are always like “I’m not mad about getting dominated for a decade. It’s actually hilarious to me”

I made a complete bonkers rear end of myself while watching WLOCP last season and every other UGA fan around me did too, and I'd do it again and again because yeah, dominated for a decade/decades*

*though we've won 4 out of 7 against one of the lousiest Florida football runs in modern times, yaaaaaay

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Yeah, that dude's a fake.

https://twitter.com/_birddaniel/status/1044607894711357440

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

My dad talks about a lot of fictional titles for UGA. It's probably some Infowars Boomer poo poo. Much like Bear's mystique.

Georgia doesn't even recognize https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1946_Georgia_Bulldogs_football_team as a national champion.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

If we're strictly going by in-game performance, I concur that Kirby will have to shake off his stubborn commitment to The Gameplan to be an elite of the elite coach. The famed adjustments made in the Rose Bowl comeback – Kirby's best game as a coach IMO – were more from the offense sighing and taking what OU's terrible defense was giving it, and the UGA defense playing to its potential (with a little bit more QB pressure). Not much Xs and Os wizardry than "let's just play better."

He needs to come to the same "fine, I'll hire Lane Kiffin as OC" place that Saban did on offense. Georgia's offensive identity is primarily primum non nocere, which works when you have Nick and Sony around to eat up 7-yard runs no matter what, but less so when you've got a lot of interesting, moving parts that need the ball in space. Though the funny thing is, a ground and pound identity would've worked better against LSU than whatever Fromm was doing.

I don't think Mullen is that great of a technician either, mind. Miss. State came into Athens last season with all the hype and momentum in the world, Mullen brought exactly one offensive idea to the table, UGA's defense destroyed it, so he shrugged and played the clock out like an NFL coach.

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Oct 24, 2018

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Saban's offenses pre-Lane were pretty vanilla and revolved around a game manager QB and everybody else being bigger/faster/stronger than the other team

Gus made Bama give a poo poo about offense, and here we are.

Gus also made it so Bama/UGA played for the natty.

I can see why Auburn fans are so knee-jerk angry about the guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

VT's D looked like that Mike Stoops performance against Baylor in '14. No I will absolutely not change this scheme that everyone sees isn't working.

• Locked thread