Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

MourningView posted:

Has The Game Has Passed Bud Foster By? My Column

Nah team is just stupid young and can't do what he's asking them to well enough.

This is going about as almost badly as I expected except the offense has life (minus the parts where we kill ourselves with mistakes).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Jovial Cow posted:

It would be going textbook if only Sean Savoy could catch a punt.

Apparently we have no one that can catch a punt or a kick and do anything with it. Which is crazy given the team feels a lot faster this year than in years past.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

MourningView posted:

Okay sure but Old Dominion

Same thing. Which you can put on the coaches for not getting guys to stay their time and recruiting inferior players behind him, but it ain't the game passing Bud so much as the deficiency of the roster.

Young teams man I dunno.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Hey guys Fuente isn't getting fired even if he loses to UVA and kills the bowl streak. No way the department is paying out his buyout even if he tanks it. I do think for a lot of us, the faith he's going to get it figured out is almost dried up though. Year 3 and we're getting blown out at home putting up some of the worst defensive performances in school history.

This is easily the worst defense I have ever seen us field, and I didn't think I would see worse defense than the 2014 team which was also hella young. They looked lost out there last night, I don't know wtf the coaches spent 2 weeks working on, but it sure didn't look like tackling and crashing the backs.

The worst is probably how little he shares about the program, next to nothing to get excited about, then we see this product on Saturdays. Spends his post games blaming everyone but himself and the coaches, always on the players. WELL YOU KNOW IF WE HAD BETTER DUDES, well who is that on? I do think he needs to make staff changes, if he tries to be Beamer and hold onto his buddies I don't think he's gonna be here past year 5.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Oct 26, 2018

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

VT's D looked like that Mike Stoops performance against Baylor in '14. No I will absolutely not change this scheme that everyone sees isn't working.

I thought it was him trying to protect young players to avoid huge bust plays, but instead we just got eaten up 6 yards at a time when the safeties finally came down to make the tackle. I honestly had no idea what he was trying to do all game, it looked nothing like our usual gameplans vs GT.

It was a bad performance to add to the pile of disappointing performances from this staff. Rose tinted glasses and everything but Fuente feels like a miss. Team is getting worse as the season progresses, a young group should be improving or fixing things and they're just getting more and more out of whack.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Oct 26, 2018

• Locked thread