Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Sir Thats Gross posted:

The most punchable of faces

Someone’s never seen Ben Shapiro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

vyst posted:

I too enjoy watching snuff films

I have allowed hope to creep into my heart which is an absolute omen that we will be down 28 late in 2Q.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

D.N. Nation posted:

Also: Butch Jones runs UT into a crater, gets fired, gets hired by the best program known to man to work their projector during film sessions and put gas in Saban's boat, and acts like he's overcome obstacles when his new team inevitably trucks his old one? Have some dignity, man

Yeah this is the correct take. What an rear end in a top hat.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

The Glumslinger posted:

USC is planning to start their 3rd string QB this week since the starter is concussed and the backup has broken ribs

Rebuilding year weeeeeeeeeeeeee

You'll prob get Jeff Brohm out of the deal so maybe it'll be worth it.

Maybe you can get Rondale to transfer.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

Jeff Brohm has never worked for USC so they are legally not allowed to hire him. Also he's going to Louisville.

Can they afford to fire Petrino now that Schnatter is an avowed, out-and-out racist?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

zimbomonkey posted:

Something completely outside the team's control is used against them? That's really cool. This is a great sport.

You new to college football?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Declan MacManus posted:

lsu is better than people thought and florida is probably not as good as they look

counterpoint rivalry games are weird and the neutral site probably does georgia more favors than uf

wut

a) UF is better than they look, because they’ve been inconsistent on offense but consistently rolling up yardage and putting up pretty solid point totals compared to years past

b) Jax is pretty solidly neutral or slight lean UF.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Declan MacManus posted:

the idea wasn’t “florida is a bad team”; they’re not (definitely top 25, probably top 15) but uga is probably at least a touchdown better than them

as to the other thing, i think uf would do better in athens than uga would in the swamp so uga benefits from the game being in jacksonville

I guess the phrasing was weird because they certainly don’t pass the eye test but I see what you mean.

I do agree that UGA is at least a touchdown better. But like oddly I feel like this game can go anywhere.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

D.N. Nation posted:

I made a complete bonkers rear end of myself while watching WLOCP last season and every other UGA fan around me did too, and I'd do it again and again because yeah, dominated for a decade/decades*

*though we've won 4 out of 7 against one of the lousiest Florida football runs in modern times, yaaaaaay

I've probably already said this exact sentence BUT

Don't worry! I've allowed some hope for a victory to creep into the deepest, deadest cockles of my own beating heart which means you guys will be up 28 in the first half.

It's going to happen. Accept the inevitability. Crack a beer. Smile. The sun will almost certainly shine on the Dawgs because we are not allowed nice things anymore. It's a fact. As reliable as the sunrise.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Henchman of Santa posted:

Florida/Georgia is bigger than Georgia/GT or Florida/FSU (conferences also matter there)

I’d agree that WLOCP is bigger to UGA fans than the GT rivalry but whether FSU or UGA is bigger to UF fans is entirely generational.

I grew up w UF killing UGA every year and battling FSU for titles so FSU is WAY more important to me. A generation before us, UGA dominated UF and FSU was still gaining traction as a successful program so they care more about UGA.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

TipTow posted:

OU-Texas is the bigger rivalry because Oklahoma State is a garbage poo poo program that has never and will never amount to anything, 70+ year old retroactive nattys notwithstanding

I find it disappointing that Okie Lite can't get over the hump because when Gundy has them clicking, they're super goddamned fun to watch.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Proteus Jones posted:

Out of all the Turnover <thing>, the plank is my absolute favorite.

They still need to do the Dan Rubenstein Turnover Turnover thing, with delicious apple turnovers on every sideline.

But yeah, The Plank is killer.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

General Dog posted:

Check the record post-integration

Your integration or theirs?

24-19 if theirs.

21-19 if yours.

Not a great point to make. They've still cut your rear end historically. And they integrated before you did.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

General Dog posted:

Both were shamefully late, who gives a poo poo

I mean, technically all teams were shamefully late. You made the poorly constructed point, friend-o.

Also :lol: on your 'arbitrary date' cutting out a 7-0 Texas run. You bad at dis.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Grittybeard posted:

I don't really care but the conversation made me look up Texas and A&M on wiki, and what is this bullshit on the Texas wiki page?

Tryna outBama Bama

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

General Dog posted:

I think it’s reasonable to look at college football pre and post integration as two separate epochs for the sport. That’s not to say that a win in 1955 is any less valid than a win in 1985, just that what’s happened in the last 50 years may be more relevant to current discussion than what happened the 50 years before that.

I don't entirely disagree with you but teams didn't integrate at the same time so it's a weird metric. You have a rivalry and it's heavily slanted against TAMU and that's cool but arbitrarily throwing 75 in there cuz it makes it even....c'mon mang.

Grittybeard posted:

They're not even claiming them though? And the first two years I looked up they don't have a particularly good argument. '81 they were 10-1-1, Clemson was 12-0 with similar looking schedules as far as ranked teams go.

In '77 they were 11-1 and so was Notre Dame. But Notre Dame happened to beat Texas 38-10 in the Cotton Bowl.

Do other wiki pages have something like this? Apparently yes. For Nebraska:

Where does this come from?

e: Missouri, hell yes!

Kiss the unclaimed non-existent rings.

My dad talks about a lot of fictional titles for UGA. It's probably some Infowars Boomer poo poo. Much like Bear's mystique.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Grittybeard posted:

Apparently it is a Bama type thing after actually scrolling through those long rear end pages. Those are all years where non-major polls or things like the Billingsley report named teams national champions.

Golden Flake Champeens

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

KKKLIP ART posted:

That Plankonia shirt is dope and I think it is ridiculous to definitively say that Mullen is better than Smart considering Smart only has 2 full seasons under his belt. Smart is off to a good start and I do think Mullen is a good coach but we need a few more years to land on who is “better”

Agreed. Saturday will tell us something but Kirby has had a lot more time to work on his program.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

What happened to Crotch Bat?

Is he still around? He's probably standing on a stool--noose tied snugly around his neck--rocking slowly back and forth mumbling about Tidewater recruits.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Red Dead Redemption 2 launches in one loving hour guys GET HYPE

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

General Dog posted:

I don't think I'm going to be done downloading for another 2 hours, at which point I should really be in bed :(

I’m just going to buy it after I drop my daughter off at daycare. Then jump into the oubliette of New Austin sandbox realism GODDAMN IVE WAITED SO LONG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Proteus Jones posted:

Y'all have fun. While it looks beautiful, I'm just not too interested in OCD: The Game.

To be honest the reviewer loved the game, but that bit killed any interest from me.

It’s easily forgotten but there were tons of dumb training missions in the first one — especially for the ranching stuff.

I’m a little apprehensive about it being too obtrusive but all the reviewers seemed very ok with it.

• Locked thread