Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I have so many mostly-nondescript Dell Yearling and Scholastic paperbacks from the '80s and '90s, including the first thousand Baby-Sitters Club books (not really, but it feels like it), and I've asked the local used-book store if they're interested specifically in this kind of stuff. They are! And yet I still can't bring myself to give them up. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

DicktheCat posted:

I just don't get the mindset of intentionally being disruptive. Why?
Because gently caress you, that's why. I really think it's as simple as that.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Men used to sit around listening to the game on little transistor radios; presumably this is an evolution of that. No excuses for not using earbuds these days, though.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

An off-topic question for all the good librarians in this thread: I know when shelving books, it is usually alphabetical by first letter of last name; in my experience, names like O'Reilly and McDonald are abbreviated to "O'R" and "McD" on book spines. What would you do with a name like Al-Znbori? "Al-Z"? Thanks in advance!