Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

11 years ago, he beat leukemia, and now it has returned.

I really don't know what else to type.

Just completely shocked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

man just when you think you're done with wrestling they pull out an angle like this and here i am

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
:smith:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
That loving sucks.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress cancer so drat hard... :smith:

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Don't really know what I'm supposed to add, other than this is loving awful

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1054527508320739329

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

time to bust out these

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I feel bad for the guy, that sucks. Opening the show with that was a weird loving way to do that.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Oct 23, 2018

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
I wonder what kind of leukemia he has. A return of leukemia or any cancer after beating it is never a good sign. My thoughts are with him and hopefully he can beat this thing again.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Wait what? Is this real?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Yes.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Wait what? Is this real?

I hope so, otherwise it's a really long way to get Cena to put you over again.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

ijii posted:

I wonder what kind of leukemia he has. A return of leukemia or any cancer after beating it is never a good sign. My thoughts are with him and hopefully he can beat this thing again.

I've been told it is treatable and not severe. But wait for official comment.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

It’s both cool and good that the WWE decided to sneak in an ad for Evolution during a guy announcing he has leukemia.

Hope Roman & his family can make it through this :(

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
i know gently caress all about cancer but could taking over a decade to come out of remission be considered a good sign? ie: a more aggressive form would have re-appeared sooner? or does this have absolutely zero bearing

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
drat the Shield reunion really is cursed.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
will roman get to make a wish

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I know I said WWE would be better if Roman went away but... this is NOT what I meant :smith:

gently caress cancer, man. Hope he makes it through this.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Seams posted:

he wished on the monkey paw to get over

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I wish him well in his battle against leakeemia

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Seams posted:

what do you think the last 4 Mania main events have been

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i know gently caress all about cancer but could taking over a decade to come out of remission be considered a good sign? ie: a more aggressive form would have re-appeared sooner? or does this have absolutely zero bearing

I'm thinking zero bearing BUT an important thing to keep in mind is he's an athlete which probably means he gets physical workups way more often than most of us which means the likelihood they caught it early is way higher.

Also Roman is young and, jokes aside, athletic af which always helps.

Goddamn I hope he comes out okay. We like to hate him (myself included) but cancer is loving bullshit and Roman is really loved by a lot of people and seems like a great family man and you can't hate on that.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Hopefully it's early stage and he'll be OK. Recurring cancer is scary stuff :(

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah that sucks and hopefully he beats it

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

I just lost an Uncle to cancer this last weekend, this news is hitting me really hard.

gently caress cancer. Kick it's rear end Roman :mad:

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Leukemia is pretty treatable. My grandma had it and she lived until she was like 90, though I guess there are different types.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I wasn't a huge fan of his work but god drat that sucks. I hope he kicks its rear end because gently caress cancer forever.

Dude will have wicked babyface pops when he comes back, though.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I hope we get to see WWE run his white hot face heat into the ground when he returns after remission #2

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Leukemia is pretty treatable. My grandma had it and she lived until she was like 90, though I guess there are different types.

There are, but you're also right. The uncle I lost to it had one of the worst types possible, was decades older than Roman, and technically died cancer free. What killed him was that the treatments took too much out of him and led to some secondary issues, and I don't see that being as much of an issue here.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
yeah i mean a lot depends on stuff but i have to imagine given roman's age and health (although i figure the job has to take a hell of a lot out of him) he's probably got decent odds if they caught it early

cancer treatment sucks rear end though, i wish him and his family well

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Man, that sucks.

I may hate the way Roman Reigns, the character, is pushed, but Joe Anoa'i doesn't deserve to have to fight cancer.

Weird looking back and wondering if this is why he's always seemed weaker than he looks, and his cardio's been so blown up. :smith:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

uncurable mlady posted:

yeah i mean a lot depends on stuff but i have to imagine given roman's age and health (although i figure the job has to take a hell of a lot out of him) he's probably got decent odds if they caught it early

cancer treatment sucks rear end though, i wish him and his family well

A very advanced question but I wonder even if he is technically in the clear at some point I wonder if the medication he takes subsequently is banned by WWE Wellness. Lengthening his return further than a regular person in a regular workplace.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Liquid Cannibalism posted:

Man, that sucks.

I may hate the way Roman Reigns, the character, is pushed, but Joe Anoa'i doesn't deserve to have to fight cancer.

Weird looking back and wondering if this is why he's always seemed weaker than he looks, and his cardio's been so blown up. :smith:

I mean I doubt it because I would have to imagine they've caught this early because WWE people get workups all the time I would think but maybe?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Liquid Cannibalism posted:

Man, that sucks.

I don't know if it would have *always* been that way, but I'm sure he noticed physcial changes recently that prompted him to get checked.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Red belt cursed
Shield reunion cursed

mix the two and a dude gets leukemia

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

rovert posted:

A very advanced question but I wonder even if he is technically in the clear at some point I wonder if the medication he takes subsequently is banned by WWE Wellness. Lengthening his return further than a regular person in a regular workplace.

i don't think any chemo drugs would be banned and things like painkillers he would ideally not need by the time he was in physical rehab

e: and if he needed to take something long term i cant imagine them not granting an exception for it

Raskolnikov38 fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Oct 23, 2018

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Basic Chunnel posted:

I hope we get to see WWE run his white hot face heat into the ground when he returns after remission #2

He will be booed the second time he comes out on the return show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rovert posted:

IANAD but I doubt cancer drugs would factor in. I BELIEVE one of the goals with cancer treatments is generally to slow down cell replication, which uh... steroids wouldn't.

• Locked thread