Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

D’aww he got those hands :unsmith:

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Oct 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheJunkyardGod
Sep 19, 2004

Do not taunt the Octopus
I've mentioned my daughter on here a few times because she had cancer and got to meet Bayley.

Well in June Bayley invited us to the MSG house show and took us backstage to meet a few of the superstars. We met Ronda and Matt Hardy and Seth and a few others. But before we left Roman walked into the catering area that we were in. Sam mainly likes Bayley and doesnt recognize lots of the wrestlers but she knew him.

So he came over and bayley introduced Sam, he told her how proud he was that she had beaten cancer, and in a moment I didn't think of until yesterday, mentioned how he had to fight something like her before he started wrestling.

Hearing this news last night made my wife instantly remember him saying that and God this is loving rough.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If there's any silver lining at all, it must have sucked for Roman to meet kids in situations like that and not be able to be totally honest with them about it. Now, in the future, he can share this part of his life as openly as he wants, which I'm sure is something that can help others.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Odds on Vince souring on Roman as the golden goose in the future because it's a pre-existing condition?

\/\/\/ I'm cool with both those options tbh

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Oct 23, 2018

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

sticklefifer posted:

Odds on Vince souring on Roman as the golden goose in the future because it's a pre-existing condition?

I dont think I would use the term soured, but they're going to be moving past Roman as the face of the company, probably to Seth or Drew.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

VJeff posted:

If there's any silver lining at all, it must have sucked for Roman to meet kids in situations like that and not be able to be totally honest with them about it. Now, in the future, he can share this part of his life as openly as he wants, which I'm sure is something that can help others.

Goddamit thanks for making me happy sad.

I'm so thankful that I won't have to see Roman Reigns on my TV for a fair amount of time. I'm really sad that Joe Anoa'i has leukemia and I hope he's able to beat it and return.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

sticklefifer posted:

He probably thinks cancer is a weakness

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

The Last Few Guys posted:

Replace Roman with whoever is next on the list.
Cancer is a weakness

The fact that we can totally predict this happening is evidence to the McMahons and WWE management being total garbage-tier humans. I am excited at the prospect of Ambrose being like "Wait a minute! Didn't I hate you, Seth? gently caress you, Seth!" and also really sad that Reigns is probably getting shunted down the card like Bryan. I "liked" that dude dammit. We're in a weird place where people are gonna be saying "Push Reigns! Look how much people like him!" in a couple years as he fails once again to win the Intercontinental belt.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

TheJunkyardGod posted:

I've mentioned my daughter on here a few times because she had cancer and got to meet Bayley.

Well in June Bayley invited us to the MSG house show and took us backstage to meet a few of the superstars. We met Ronda and Matt Hardy and Seth and a few others. But before we left Roman walked into the catering area that we were in. Sam mainly likes Bayley and doesnt recognize lots of the wrestlers but she knew him.

So he came over and bayley introduced Sam, he told her how proud he was that she had beaten cancer, and in a moment I didn't think of until yesterday, mentioned how he had to fight something like her before he started wrestling.

Hearing this news last night made my wife instantly remember him saying that and God this is loving rough.
Going back forth between :unsmith: and :smith: reading this

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

exploded mummy posted:

I dont think I would use the term soured, but they're going to be moving past Roman as the face of the company, probably to Seth or Drew.

Finally, The Chosen One fulfils his destiny

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

gently caress Cancer.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWERomanReigns/status/1054792254462799878

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hot Take: Drop 'Roman Reigns' when he comes back and start calling him Joseph Anoai.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Braun will be renamed Lou Kemia

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

sportsgenius86 posted:

Braun will be renamed Lou Kemia

Luke Emia Skywalker.

(five points to you if you know where I got this from)

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

VJeff posted:

Hot Take: Drop 'Roman Reigns' when he comes back and start calling him Joseph Anoai.

The Joeman Empire

John Cenas Jorts
Dec 21, 2012
This really hosed me up. I've never had any real opinions on Roman Reigns one way or another, but I originally got really into wrestling right after my own cancer diagnosis. I had watched a little off and on before that, but wrestling became the thing I latched on to as a fun distraction from the complete shittiness of cancer. I hope the dude gets well soon, I don't know much about leukemia but I would think that his being relatively young and healthy will give him a better chance at standing up to the treatment.

Also, I too am surprised and impressed that the company has never traded on his medical history before.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
You had tons of negative press about Crown Jewel culminating in two to three top level talents refusing to work their matches (including a WWE title match). You also had a four year pet project that everyone and everything was sacrificed to, and still couldn’t get him over.

Now the press is going to be glowing, and even the most smarky corners of the IWC are probably going to pop if/when he comes back.

I don’t think this is a work, to be clear. I DO think this is yet more proof that Vincent K. McMahon sold his soul to the devil down at the crossroads in the early 1980s and is getting everything he can out of the deal before Satan comes to finally claim his black, ripened essence.

On that note, I fully expect the XFL to gain traction this time around.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

John Cenas Jorts posted:

This really hosed me up. I've never had any real opinions on Roman Reigns one way or another, but I originally got really into wrestling right after my own cancer diagnosis. I had watched a little off and on before that, but wrestling became the thing I latched on to as a fun distraction from the complete shittiness of cancer. I hope the dude gets well soon, I don't know much about leukemia but I would think that his being relatively young and healthy will give him a better chance at standing up to the treatment.

Also, I too am surprised and impressed that the company has never traded on his medical history before.
hey first and most importantly i hope you’re doing okay and gently caress cancer :glomp:

Roman seems like a tough dude, he maybe didn’t want people’s sympathy for something that was in the past (as far as he knew :smith:)

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Benne posted:

they could book Mania as 7 hours of people farting in the ring and still draw 70,000

i’d do a free month of the network to
watch fartamania

gently caress cancer, do yr best joe “roman “leakee” reigns” anoa’i

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I hope that the WWE doesn't milk this and film Roman's recovery process. He deserves privacy. I also hope that his family have a support system in place while he goes through this.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

TV Zombie posted:

I hope that the WWE doesn't milk this and film Roman's recovery process.

It's Vince and the WWE soooooooooooo.............

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

He shouldn't have signed his tweet

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Would it be in bad taste if I found the most toxic tweet at Joe A'noai in the last 24hours, created an award after the name of the founder, then gave it to Joe praising his perseverance?
Or can I not get away with that if I'm not WWE?

(Get well soon sir)

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

TV Zombie posted:

I hope that the WWE doesn't milk this and film Roman's recovery process. He deserves privacy. I also hope that his family have a support system in place while he goes through this.

I feel like Vince will take care of them but that would go hand in hand with that first sentence

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

TV Zombie posted:

Cancer is not a fun recovery process, like watching him exercise a rehabbed leg. For a lot of it he will probably look too rough to put on TV and he may be in contact isolation. I would expect any hype videos to only start when he is healthy, if he doesn't just pop back in as a surprise Rumble entrant.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I was trying to go to sleep a few minutes ago and for some reason the enormity of these events finally hit me and I couldn't stop crying. I have no real life friends who give a poo poo about professional wrestling, so this is basically the only place I have to express these feelings, but I really feel the need to express them.

I would like this thread to be about our personal feelings about the leukemia of Roman Reigns and how it has personally affected us. Just TV-IVing about the details as they come in, or wondering about the WWE's future, and all of that bullshit has no place here. I need to write about my feelings about Roman Reigns. Obviously these posts will be mocked elsewhere on the forums, but gently caress em. If you feel the need to say anything, say it.

————

Roman Reigns has leukemia. And I don’t know how to accept that.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
I hate the character, his booking has absolutely dragged momentum across the product to a halt for literal years, and I could do without him ever on my TV again (at least in his current incarnation). But, yeah, as they say, “not like this, that man has a family!” Some stuff is more important than live action anime fights.

What is truly surreal is that you just kind of figured between the limited moves and the immense push, he’d be around forever, you could almost picture the breaking of all title records, the groan worthy nostalgia act matches at WM51 or whatever as the Shield fills the DX role. Now it’s completely within the realm of possibility that he never wrestles again or worse, and, well, that’s creepy as gently caress.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/TheGarden/status/1054850297632296960

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Get Well Soon Roman Reigns (TM) Brought to you by Chase

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Open Marriage Night posted:

I was trying to go to sleep a few minutes ago and for some reason the enormity of these events finally hit me and I couldn't stop crying. I have no real life friends who give a poo poo about professional wrestling, so this is basically the only place I have to express these feelings, but I really feel the need to express them.

I would like this thread to be about our personal feelings about the leukemia of Roman Reigns and how it has personally affected us. Just TV-IVing about the details as they come in, or wondering about the WWE's future, and all of that bullshit has no place here. I need to write about my feelings about Roman Reigns. Obviously these posts will be mocked elsewhere on the forums, but gently caress em. If you feel the need to say anything, say it.

————

Roman Reigns has leukemia. And I don’t know how to accept that.

Yo gently caress this.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Two things will always be true: Vince will never die, and someone will always rehash that ol' Benoit post when something happens

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
I mean, he’s probably going to be fine right? In great shape, young, access to the best healthcare in the world. It sucks but he Isn’t dead lol.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

beergod posted:

I mean, he’s probably going to be fine right? In great shape, young, access to the best healthcare in the world. It sucks but he Isn’t dead lol.

I mean he's probably got a better shot than a lot of people but this is still really really loving bad.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

beergod posted:

Leukemia is one of the most difficult types of Cancer to fight. The fact that it's back after being in remission isn't a good sign. But it's not a death sentence, especially since he's pretty well off financially.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Leukemia is one of the most difficult types of Cancer to fight. The fact that it's back after being in remission isn't a good sign. But it's not a death sentence, especially since he's pretty well off financially.

Like I said earlier, my uncle technically beat one of the most aggressive forms of the disease decades older than Roman, not as well off or physically fit (though my uncle was at least solid in both; he was in decent shape and not poor), not to mention it was over 10 years ago and I presume treatment has improved across the board. That said, the fact that it's a resurgence is pretty loving bad.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG1am13YG6s

rovert fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Oct 24, 2018

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

El Gallinero Gros posted:

If he banked some of his own marrow and stem cells when he was being treated the first time, he'd have a pretty good shot.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Defiance Industries posted:

If he banked some of his own marrow and stem cells when he was being treated the first time, he'd have a pretty good shot.

I'd be shocked if he didn't. Seems like a no brainier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
My dad had stage 4 lymphoma when I was a kid, probably 4 or 5. Didn't really process it at the time except that he was gone and when I went to visit him at the hospital in Maryland he would play game boy games with me and I'd usually get a present. He at one point was essentially at death's bed when he was around 30 years old and had talked to my mom about moving on. Again, not something I knew about until I was an adult because I was shielded from it, but poo poo can be no joke.

He's alive and in really good shape to this day and what he claims helped was that he got out of his hospital bed every day and jogged and played basketball and kept moving despite the hospital trying to keep him in bed, and knowing how wrestlers are I do believe that and hope that if he can keep at his workout routine it will help and he'll be alright

• Locked thread