Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
You had tons of negative press about Crown Jewel culminating in two to three top level talents refusing to work their matches (including a WWE title match). You also had a four year pet project that everyone and everything was sacrificed to, and still couldn’t get him over.

Now the press is going to be glowing, and even the most smarky corners of the IWC are probably going to pop if/when he comes back.

I don’t think this is a work, to be clear. I DO think this is yet more proof that Vincent K. McMahon sold his soul to the devil down at the crossroads in the early 1980s and is getting everything he can out of the deal before Satan comes to finally claim his black, ripened essence.

On that note, I fully expect the XFL to gain traction this time around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
I hate the character, his booking has absolutely dragged momentum across the product to a halt for literal years, and I could do without him ever on my TV again (at least in his current incarnation). But, yeah, as they say, “not like this, that man has a family!” Some stuff is more important than live action anime fights.

What is truly surreal is that you just kind of figured between the limited moves and the immense push, he’d be around forever, you could almost picture the breaking of all title records, the groan worthy nostalgia act matches at WM51 or whatever as the Shield fills the DX role. Now it’s completely within the realm of possibility that he never wrestles again or worse, and, well, that’s creepy as gently caress.

• Locked thread