Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I was surprised they killed off Syonide in the premiere. Definitely didn't expect that to happen.

They set Joey Toledo and Lady Eve up as big time threats too and they ganked them pretty quick last year too. This show isn’t afraid of offing villains ...who aren’t named Tobias.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Is Anissa's girlfriend a comic character? I'm curious what her freaky skin powers are about.

Crazy scientist lady did nothing wrong.

I would be surprised if Gambi was actually dead. Part of me hopes he's actually dead since it would cheapen the reactions of the Pierce family if he came back. Then again this show has no problem killing people off so who knows.

You don't hire James Remar as a series regular and then kill him off like three episodes into season 2. He'll be back. Then again, Black Lightning's not exactly afraid of randomly gatting major characters, so :ohdear:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
:lol: Gambi’s just like “Try harder, motherfuckers!”

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Yeah that kind of felt like the show was t-boned by an episode of The Gifted or something. Still, that fight between Tobias and Khaleel was amazingly brutal.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
So this was posted a few days ago, but we've got our first look at Jennifer's Lightning costume.

It makes a good compliment to Anissa's costume, but I always thought they were gonna go with purple for Jen for some reason.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Also on a slightly related, if you haven't seen it yet, you should go see Into the Spider-Verse, mainly because it's a drat good movie but also because Krondon has a small role in it as Tombstone too.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bruceski posted:

Oh, something I noticed while catching up: when Kalil was hiding in the alley and Jen made a blackout and told him to follow her voice, the captions were attributed to (Lightning). I mean, we all knew she'd wind up there but I think that's a first. Maybe the captioner just forgot her name.

For what it's worth, this was kind of the first moment where Jen acts like a hero of her on volition rather than being forced into, and this mini arc is all about her becoming Lightning (as the promo material explicitly confirms she will), so maybe it's dead on in this case.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Last night I saw a super hero, he was black, he said this if for the streets, Black Lightning’s BACK... for a 2nd 3rd season! :woop:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
So was there anything new that came out of the DC/CW Comic Con presentation for Black Lightning compared to Flash/Arrow/Legends/Supergirl/Batwoman?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
https://www.instagram.com/p/B0tZlDFJpNl/

Strap the gently caress in, folks. Black Lightning is an Arrowverse show now.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The Lord Bude posted:

I feel like Nora and Jennifer would get on well together. Put them together and you've almost got a whole person's worth of maturity.

How dare you compare Nora to Jennifer. Jen is actually being cool, likeable, not cavorting with a known (unrepentant) super villain, occasionally right, and not erased from existence because she sucked :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

pile of brown posted:

Tobias works as a long running antagonist though because he rarely acts directly and even though he has beef with BL he has other goals/plans too, unlike all the season long Flash villains who all just specifically hate the Flash and are loving with him on purpose.

Yeah, that was kind of refreshing last season, was just watching Tobias plug away in the background seemingly without giving a poo poo about Black Lightning, when it was the Pierce family who were more active in trying to gently caress with him and his operations, and even then only rarely did they cross paths. Giving Tobias a life outside of Black Lightning really made him a villain and a character with staying power.

I really hope they do that thing that Krondon was teasing earlier and have Tobias and Jeff forced to work together for their mutual survival even though they still both loving hate each other and are going to go right back to trying to kill each other after the Markovians are dealt with.