Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The cold opens for the first few episodes have been dealing with some real poo poo. That cop choking that black kid to death in the first episode had me feeling some type of way. I'm glad the cop dude's finally in on the secret too, but I'm also kinda disappointed he didn't already know or at least have a suspicion. He's a detective for pete's sake!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The show's definitely been about the message since the beginning, but I kinda feel like they're double downing on it this season instead of shying away from it, which is awesome. I also like the new opening for this season.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Two episode back, but the pastor yelling "I don't have to do anything but be black and die!" at Khalil was some of the most real poo poo I ever heard on tv in my goddamn life.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Xelkelvos posted:

Cutter 100% knows how Tobias operates and would probably stab him in the back if the going got rough.

:rip: Todd though. They didn't actually show him driving, so it could be one of those things where they kill him off ambiguously in case they want him back.

What the hell, I didn't even know he was the dude in the car that blew up until I watched this week's recap. Me and my roommate were even asking each other who was the rando who got blown up in the car since they never show Todd's face when he was driving, just his hand sticking out the window. Also, how the hell did I miss that Lala's whole "ghost friends" deal was caused by Tobias? I don't remember that scene at all.

Good use of "Slipping Into Darkness" by WAR during the opening tho. And I'm almost positive the mad scientist guy who brought back Lala was Michael Wright, who played Clinton in The Wanderers and the gang leader in the Jim Belushi movie The Principal.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Mar 5, 2019

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Black Lightning continues to have the best music selection out of all the superhero shows. It's not even close.

I was telling my roommate last night the problem with this show is that the music is so drat good, you kinda want the characters to stop talking so you can listen to the song by itself. That song playing under the scene with Lala and the doctor was flames.