Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

Chokes McGee posted:

Didn’t she have Kevlar skin? That was a hell of a shoe.

Kevlar isn't actually very effective against stabby weapons.

ruddiger posted:

I'm glad the cop dude's finally in on the secret too, but I'm also kinda disappointed he didn't already know or at least have a suspicion. He's a detective for pete's sake!
I mean he had definitely been thinking about it already because when he met Black Lighting it was to tell him that he had figured it out on his own.

How are more people not talking about this show? I missed the first season and binged it this week, and I'm really loving it. I think it could have used another pass on editing for time/pacing but overall I loved so much of it. The story choices, the music, all great. Finishing the premiere and I'm probably gonna keep watching eps until I fall asleep tonight.

Edit: is there a significance to the line "I asked you a question" that I am missing? It pops up really often, is it a thing or just a phrase one of the writers likes?

pile of brown fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Nov 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
They literally had gambi bragging about his self driving van. "And nobody got out when the van exploded"

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
I mean we really have no idea how many or what power level Markovia's meta program consists of, my real problem with it is that I don't want Black Lightning to be the stage for an international meta war, up to this point I have really enjoyed the fact that this show was really about one specific community at the street level.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
Tobias works as a long running antagonist though because he rarely acts directly and even though he has beef with BL he has other goals/plans too, unlike all the season long Flash villains who all just specifically hate the Flash and are loving with him on purpose.