Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1059517367980564480

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Sweet baby Juju has guested on some big-time streams and does one of the celebration dances on the pizza hut commercial. Logical thing to do.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I'd forgotten all about Younghoe Koo.

Turns out cutting Josh Lambo for him didn't end up being a very good decision.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Nick Rose.....

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

why'd they let Coons go?

a neat cape posted:

Nick Rose.....

there is so much a man can tell you, so much he can say

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I read Michael Bennett's book "Things that make White People Uncomfortable" over the weekend. It's a great, quick read. Some highlights:

- he nearly died as a kid because his parents didn't believe he had appendicitis, he has a huge scar on his stomach because they had to clean out a bacterial infection afterward
- he shits on the NCAA a lot. He thinks his draft stock tanked because he questioned coaches every now and then.
- his favorite teammates were Cliff Avril and Stephen Hauschka. Apparently Hauschka is woke af
- he states the call at the 1 yard line didn't destroy the team like everyone thinks, and that "of course Russell Wilson is treated differently" because every QB is treated different regardless of the level of football.
- one of the big things he went on about was that he hates how coaches force players to basically be soldiers and not have any individuality. He thinks a lot of retired players struggle because they never thought to think for themselves, and have massive identity crisises. He notes Pete Carroll is the only coach he's worked for that allowed players to be themselves and actually tried to understand the black experience.

He talks a lot about his charity work (his wife runs a food charity, mainly for teaching people in poverty how to cook / buy food that's healthy), black lives matter, intersectionality, and various other topics. It's a great read and a quick one too. Honestly if I were to run into the guy I would ask about his charity work as that seems a lot more interesting than the locker room stuff.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

indigi posted:

why'd they let Coons go?

His missed an extra point, and evidently didn't have a big leg.

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
https://twitter.com/sdoerschukrep/status/1059516581544366080?s=21

Bruce just setting up more disappointment

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Sweet baby Juju has guested on some big-time streams and does one of the celebration dances on the pizza hut commercial. Logical thing to do.

I bet he gets PAID too

If you select a dolphins player you deserve to get shot the moment you land

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

who even signs him next season

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

FizFashizzle posted:

who even signs him next season

Gruden

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

seiferguy posted:

I read Michael Bennett's book "Things that make White People Uncomfortable" over the weekend. It's a great, quick read. Some highlights:

- he nearly died as a kid because his parents didn't believe he had appendicitis, he has a huge scar on his stomach because they had to clean out a bacterial infection afterward
- he shits on the NCAA a lot. He thinks his draft stock tanked because he questioned coaches every now and then.
- his favorite teammates were Cliff Avril and Stephen Hauschka. Apparently Hauschka is woke af
- he states the call at the 1 yard line didn't destroy the team like everyone thinks, and that "of course Russell Wilson is treated differently" because every QB is treated different regardless of the level of football.
- one of the big things he went on about was that he hates how coaches force players to basically be soldiers and not have any individuality. He thinks a lot of retired players struggle because they never thought to think for themselves, and have massive identity crisises. He notes Pete Carroll is the only coach he's worked for that allowed players to be themselves and actually tried to understand the black experience.

He talks a lot about his charity work (his wife runs a food charity, mainly for teaching people in poverty how to cook / buy food that's healthy), black lives matter, intersectionality, and various other topics. It's a great read and a quick one too. Honestly if I were to run into the guy I would ask about his charity work as that seems a lot more interesting than the locker room stuff.

What did he think of Pete having Jordan Peterson speak

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Hot Diggity! posted:

I'm pretty sure that happened way after the book came out. In fact I dont think he was on the team anymore (not that that means he wouldnt have an opinion).

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Hot Diggity! posted:

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I'm pretty sure that happened way after the book came out. In fact I dont think he was on the team anymore (not that that means he wouldnt have an opinion).

It's this. It was never referenced. That would honeslty be a fantastic question to ask him if I ever ran into him though.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Siri, show me "new bottom"

quote:

Raiders agreed to terms with DE Kony Ealy, formerly of the Cowboys.

Oakland has the NFL's weakest pass rush by a considerable margin, but failed former second-round pick Ealy probably won't fix it. The 26-year-old journeyman has been bounced after recent stints with the Cowboys, Jets, and Patriots.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FizFashizzle posted:

Siri, show me "new bottom"

I mean, poo poo. The Raiders pass rush is so bad he might actually help.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Before the 49ers game the Raiders were dead last in the NFL with like 50 qb pressures

The next lowest was the cardinals with 100+

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

I hate gruden.A 100 million dollars.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Kony 2012

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Not on this website obviously but some Ravens fans are saying Biscotti is one of the worst owners in the NFL. The Ravens have had 3 losing seasons since he took over the team in 2004.

e: What I'm saying is don't read internet forums

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

sharknado slashfic posted:

Not on this website obviously but some Ravens fans are saying Biscotti is one of the worst owners in the NFL. The Ravens have had 3 losing seasons since he took over the team in 2004.

e: What I'm saying is don't read internet forums
To be fair, I agree with them due to using a murderer as a personal advisor and going out of his way to block Colin from having a job.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

LiquidFriend posted:

To be fair, I agree with them due to using a murderer as a personal advisor and going out of his way to block Colin from having a job.

Yeah well rings, how about that

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

LiquidFriend posted:

well yeah but by that standard every owner is a terrible shithole, which is assumed. we're talking about in addition to that

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Worst owner has to be Davis or haslam right

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

It's Jerruh. Nobody tops Jerruh.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

daaaaaan snyder

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

mastershakeman posted:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Theres honestly a lot of super bad owners but man, 1-31 vs 10y/100m really seem to stand out

Snyder sucks too in the same way as jerry. Spanos abandoned his old town for no reason. Mccaskeys are senile

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Whichever idiot Spanos that’s running the Chargers may not be #1, but they gotta be up there...

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Goodbye sweet angel

https://twitter.com/pauldehnerjr/status/1059559391463129088

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

Theres honestly a lot of super bad owners but man, 1-31 vs 10y/100m really seem to stand out

Snyder sucks too in the same way as jerry. Spanos abandoned his old town for no reason. Mccaskeys are senile

Jerry is his own GM though. Every decision in running that franchise is his. Every bad trait you'd point to in every owner is all wrapped up in one man and that man is Jerry Jones.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The Cowboys accidentally have watchable seasons every few years under Jerry.

This hasn't happened to the Browns since 2007.

Jerry is real bad just in general because he's an alcoholic old carnival huckster, but he's far from the worst. He's not even the most blatant racist/sex pest/etc.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
It's amazing how you're all overlooking the three AFCE owners who have been making GBS threads in their own mouths for going on two decades.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

In good NFL news. Hello Joe Thomas

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

In good NFL news. Hello Joe Thomas

Holy poo poo he is jacked! :stare:

Retired olinemen transformations >

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Jerry is a terrible unfirable GM but has a lot of qualities you'd like in an owner (willing to spend money, genuinely cares about the team, seems to have some level of loyalty to older/former players). I'd have a hard time calling him the worst when there's guys like Mark Davis and Mike Brown out there

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Was expecting to see a dudes cock and balls in the reflection and was dissapointed

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

indigi posted:

Jerry is a terrible unfirable GM but has a lot of qualities you'd like in an owner (willing to spend money, genuinely cares about the team, seems to have some level of loyalty to older/former players). I'd have a hard time calling him the worst when there's guys like Mark Davis and Mike Brown out there

He genuinely cares about the Cowboys brand. He cares about his players so much as they tow the line and play ok.

Don't forget this is the man that gave Greg "nearly murdered his wife" Hardy a job right after his arrest.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

It's amazing how you're all overlooking the three AFCE owners who have been making GBS threads in their own mouths for going on two decades.

They're all so middling although buffalo is horrific but didn't their terrible owner just die ?

Fwiw, playoff droughts

1. Browns (2002)
2. Buccaneers (2007)
T-3. Jets (2010)
T-3. Bears (2010)
T-5. Chargers (2013)
T-5. 49ers (2013)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Ches Neckbeard posted:

He genuinely cares about the Cowboys brand. He cares about his players so much as they tow the line and play ok.

Don't forget this is the man that gave Greg "nearly murdered his wife" Hardy a job right after his arrest.

yeah he's a garbage person but he seems to care. Dez is still chilling with him at concerts despite being unceremoniously cut this offseason, so players must like him to some extent beyond "he signs the checks"

• Locked thread