Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

weird Asian candy posted:

Holy poo poo he is jacked! :stare:

Retired olinemen transformations >

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

mastershakeman posted:

They're all so middling although buffalo is horrific but didn't their terrible owner just die ?

Fwiw, playoff droughts

1. Browns (2002)
2. Buccaneers (2007)
T-3. Jets (2010)
T-3. Bears (2010)
T-5. Chargers (2013)
T-5. 49ers (2013)

if your team doesn't make it to the playoffs in ten seasons, it should go up for sale

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Never forget that Biscotti once yelled at Fiz to get off his property

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

weird Asian candy posted:

Holy poo poo he is jacked! :stare:

Retired olinemen transformations >

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Who that is?

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Jordan Gross.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
No other owner hasmoved his team into a city that didn't want them.

Its Spanos

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Can we please switch over to the reality where Trump making GBS threads things up in Buffalo as the league’s worst owner is the extent of his damage?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Durandal1707 posted:

Jordan Gross.

Wow. Looks like Ryan Gossling hah

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

a neat cape posted:

Its Spanos

I mean does Vegas really want the Raiders?

I stand by it being Jerry because he really is all the hubris, racism, surrounded by toadies, and all around garbage person that every owner aspires to be. Any singular thing you'd point to being the major fault of an organization Jerry has in at least equal measure

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I would say the goal of every team in the NFL is to make it to the playoffs, and then win as many games as possible.

So by that metric, most playoff games since 2000:

code:
Patriots	35
Colts		25
Packers		25
Seahawks	24
Steelers	24
Ravens		23
Eagles		20
Broncos		18
Giants		16
49ers		15
Falcons		15
Panthers	14
Jets		13
Saints		12
Cardinals	11
Titans		11
Vikings		11
Chargers	10
Cowboys		10
Rams		10
Bucs		9
Dolphins	9
Raiders		8
Bears		7
Bengals		7
Chiefs		7
Jags		7
Redskins	7
Texans		7
Lions		4
Bills		2
Browns		1

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
code:
Bengals		7
:smith:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Trade Golden Tate --> Workout Brandon Marshall

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1059571272768729088

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

Its Spanos

She's been dead for a while but Georgia Frontiere would have counted under this metric possibly? St Louis loved the Rams for a minute there but it was only when they were super good, and that wasn't when they moved.

On the other hand they didn't actively despise them like LA seems to do with the Chargers.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

mastershakeman posted:

They're all so middling although buffalo is horrific but didn't their terrible owner just die ?

Fwiw, playoff droughts

1. Browns (2002)
2. Buccaneers (2007)
T-3. Jets (2010)
T-3. Bears (2010)
T-5. Chargers (2013)
T-5. 49ers (2013)

Bears and Chargers will not appear on this list next year.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Fenrir posted:

There is a lot of football left

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Fenrir posted:

There's a lot of season left to go so i'm not counting my chickens before they hatch. They have a really brutal stretch in December where they're gonna be playing the Steelers, Bengals, Chiefs and Ravens. Baltimore doesn't intimidate as much as they did a month ago, but Chargers/Ravens games always get really weird and unpredictable, and the Bengals and Steelers traditionally do very well against them. I'm not even counting the Chiefs because lol @ beating them in Arrowhead.

That being said I still think the Chargers finish at 10-6 and end up with the 5th seed. Their trajectory at least is going upward, which I couldn't really say about the team much after halfway into McCoy's second year, so.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
The AFC is such a pile of poo poo that the Chargers would probably need to finish 3-5 or worse to miss out unless the Ravens get their poo poo together FAST. The East and South have no credible wild card threat whatsoever.

Durandal1707 posted:

That being said I still think the Chargers finish at 10-6 and end up with the 5th seed. Their trajectory at least is going upward, which I couldn't really say about the team much after halfway into McCoy's second year, so.

I think 10 or 11 wins with their seed depending on the HtH with the Bengals.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

indigi posted:

Jerry is a terrible unfirable GM but has a lot of qualities you'd like in an owner (willing to spend money, genuinely cares about the team, seems to have some level of loyalty to older/former players). I'd have a hard time calling him the worst when there's guys like Mark Davis and Mike Brown out there

Yeah I'm not super into defending Jerry Jones, but as an owner I don't even know if he's in the bottom half of the league.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Turns out under all that fast and muscle was Tommy Lee Jones.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
N: Elway to "stay the course" with Vance Joseph, idiot savant

V: da gently caress

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Homestar Runner posted:

N: Elway to "stay the course" with Vance Joseph, idiot savant

V: da gently caress

what he actually means is he's going to let Vance see out the season and not fire him mid season cause there's no point

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Fat Jesus posted:

what he actually means is he's going to let Vance see out the season and not fire him mid season cause there's no point

Yeah, you fire a guy midseason when he's poison, Vance is just... boring and overmatched.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I canxt wait until next offseason where Vance Joseph is assistant O line coach and Hue Jackson is the longsnapper coach for the Bengals.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/SlaterNFL/status/1059612587741065216

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Dez is on the market?

How did that happen?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

A.o.D. posted:

Dez is on the market?

How did that happen?

Kind of stopped being good and wants too much money

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Never learned how to run routes, lost a step, now he's Dwayne Bowe in Cleveland

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

kiimo posted:

Without all the good pun fantasy names

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

kiimo posted:

Never learned how to run routes

He won't even make it halfway through his workout in New Orleans.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

He won't even make it halfway through his workout in New Orleans.

Im quoting this for when youre wrooooong

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm suddenly reminded of a few years back when Julio Jones decided to actually learn how to run routes and someone on here was like uh oh, draft Julio Jones.

That person was prophetic.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Barudak posted:

Im quoting this for when youre wrooooong

Wait, you want Dez?

kiimo posted:

I'm suddenly reminded of a few years back when Julio Jones decided to actually learn how to run routes and someone on here was like uh oh, draft Julio Jones.

That person was prophetic.
Yeah, but Julio didn't have several years in the league to really get set in his ways.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Power of Pecota posted:

Yeah I'm not super into defending Jerry Jones, but as an owner I don't even know if he's in the bottom half of the league.

He's a Super Rich Old Guy with a lot of the usual problems that go along with that, but as far as we know he isn't a horrible scumbag racist (Panthers, Redskins), incredibly shady business criminal (Browns), Jim Irsay (Colts), inheritor that literally doesn't give a poo poo (Cardinals), is just an unbelievable rear end in a top hat (Chargers), list goes on, I'm sure I'm leaving out plenty.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Fenrir posted:

He's a Super Rich Old Guy with a lot of the usual problems that go along with that, but as far as we know he isn't a horrible scumbag racist (Panthers, Redskins), incredibly shady business criminal (Browns), Jim Irsay (Colts), inheritor that literally doesn't give a poo poo (Cardinals), is just an unbelievable rear end in a top hat (Chargers), list goes on, I'm sure I'm leaving out plenty.

Uh the Panthers got rid of their racist sex monster and replaced him with a generally okay hedgefund manager.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Wasn't Paul Allen generally thought of as the best owner

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006

Fenrir posted:

What did Jim Irsay do that makes him worse than Jerry Jones?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

kiimo posted:

I fully understand that this is due to my own ignorance, but it's wild that a guy can get to the NFL without learning how to run routes, or that running routes is a particularly difficult skill to learn. if someone has enough athleticism to make it as a WR, how can route running elude them? is there anything I can read/watch about route running that would help me wrap my head around this

e:

FizFashizzle posted:

generally okay hedgefund manager.

meep zorp does not compute

e2:

here's a pretty in-depth examination of route running. idk if it's any good or not but the guy seems to know his poo poo. I wouldn't have considered poo poo like "stance" as part of route running but it's clearly a big part of it

lol video of Dez is used as an illustration of correct technique in one of the examples

indigi fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Nov 6, 2018

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

Wait, you want Dez?

Nope, since I assume he wants too much money. Im just assuming Saints will do something dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Barudak posted:

Nope, since I assume he wants too much money. Im just assuming Saints will do something dumb

Usually it's in the secondary where the Saints make the dumb signings.

• Locked thread