Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Carlosologist posted:

I don't know why the Giants don't just pull the plug and deal for more picks. what's the point of keeping a vet like Jenkins if it's likely gonna be three years before the rest of the team is good?
Well first you have to have willing trade partners who will give you appropriate value for your players. What if no one wants to pay a high pick for a corner on an expensive contract? You cant just force people to do it and/or give really good players away for peanuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Already the best quarterback on the team.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Well first you have to have willing trade partners who will give you appropriate value for your players. What if no one wants to pay a high pick for a corner on an expensive contract? You cant just force people to do it and/or give really good players away for peanuts.

I guess i'm more frustrated from the end that the Giants don't want to continue dealing players. i'm sure there's a deal out there that they can make but don't want to because they want to be seen as not giving up on the season

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
lol

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1057350068808925184

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
lol thanks Ravens

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1057350068808925184?s=19

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
lol, probably would've cut his rear end.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

This seems like a high price

https://twitter.com/McKennAnalysis/status/1057350129349509122

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Goddamnit Dorsey. We need someone with ok hands and he was cheap.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Thomas is just a one year rental, right? If they like him they can restructure I suppose, but he has a big cap hit in 2019 that they probably cannot justify paying.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1057350879471386627?s=19

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
2020 7th rounder, when you know your value is practically negative.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Slowpoke! posted:

Thomas is just a one year rental, right? If they like him they can restructure I suppose, but he has a big cap hit in 2019 that they probably cannot justify paying.

Yeah, he's apparently not the player he once was either, so this is a half year rental replacement for Fuller.

Enzenx
Dec 27, 2011
A future 7th :laffo:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

2020 7th rounder, when you know your value is practically negative.

I can't remember who it was, but the Pats traded a guy for a conditional swap of 7th round picks, and that has to be the worst way to be traded.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Poor riverdance, thought about fumbles and died

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Kalli posted:

I can't remember who it was, but the Pats traded a guy for a conditional swap of 7th round picks, and that has to be the worst way to be traded.

Worst trades are those NBA salary dump trades that don't make sense on paper.

quote:

The Denver Nuggets agreed to trade forwards Kenneth Faried and Darrell Arthur, a 2019 protected first-round pick and a 2020 second-round pick to the Brooklyn Nets, league sources told ESPN.

The Nuggets acquire guard Isaiah Whitehead in the trade, whom they will waive, league sources said.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/MelvinIngram/status/1057351297274281984?s=19

Hmmm

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Rams all in. They landed Fowler.

e

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1057355206650929152

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Holy smokes, Rams. :stare:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Rams really going for it.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Goddamn. They just keep pushing more chips to the center of the table.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Pump it straight into my veins

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
How does the Rams' draft futures looking? Feels like they've been giving up some capital for these moves.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Come to Butthead

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Amazing what you can do when you have a legit QB on a rookie contract.

Edit: 2019 3rd and 2020 5th for Fowler. Is he pretty good? Haven't heard much on him lately.

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Oct 30, 2018

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

seiferguy posted:

How does the Rams' draft futures looking? Feels like they've been giving up some capital for these moves.

They are now missing their 2nd and 3rd round next year and their 7th I think. Over The Cap says they should get 2 3rd round comp picks for losing Watkins and Trumaine Johnson as well as two 7ths.

Looking past that they are only now missing a 5th in 2020.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1057358158442782722

:ccb:

Arkhams Razor
Jun 10, 2009
A bit puzzled by the Ty Montgomery trade. Most of the running game problems have been caused by the line being bad at run blocking, and this doesn't fix that. Having a pass catching back is also a good idea, but Buck Allen has been inexplicably effective, and the only reason he hasn't been present the past two games is because they cut his snap count for no good reason. A 2020 7th is virtually nothing, so it's hard to get bent out of shape about the trade, but I'm skeptical that it will help at all.

FAKE EDIT: I though Clinton-Dix was a good safety. What happened there?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

DariusLikewise posted:

Looking past that they are only now missing a 5th in 2020.
They will probably get a 3rd or 4th for Fowler in 2020 if they let him walk after this year, lol

Arkhams Razor posted:

I would guess he doesnt fit as well in the new defensive scheme or has been under peforming for his contract or they have a different player that think will be better long term for less money?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Arkhams Razor posted:

A bit puzzled by the Ty Montgomery trade. Most of the running game problems have been caused by the line being bad at run blocking, and this doesn't fix that. Having a pass catching back is also a good idea, but Buck Allen has been inexplicably effective, and the only reason he hasn't been present the past two games is because they cut his snap count for no good reason. A 2020 7th is virtually nothing, so it's hard to get bent out of shape about the trade, but I'm skeptical that it will help at all.

My guess is they thought he'd cost too much to re-sign next year or whatever, so moved him for draft picks now?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Ha Ha has been... inconsistent at best. He's a ball hawk, but often shies away from contact. Also sometimes really low effort.

Don't like the trade though, safety depth is a puddle now.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1057361345375551488

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Titans do absolutely nothing to shore up the WR corps. Cool, cool.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Titans do absolutely nothing to shore up the WR corps. Cool, cool.

You want a desolate WR corps welcome to the Browns bitch.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Arkhams Razor posted:

A bit puzzled by the Ty Montgomery trade.

The Ravens prefer players that don't kneel

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1057362958689415168

:yeshaha:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

We should probably just give Mack another week off, to ensure his ankle is fully healed up

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Start pryor

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
The Bills “Nathan Peterman QB1” hype video from week 1 is still the funniest thing this season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Although I'm pretty hype about the 'Man, they absolutely should. Have him run college-style option plays

• Locked thread