Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sans the skeleton for smash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
6 months from now when all the bubsy games get added to xbox game pass half this forum will declare them mario killers and some will even believe it

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

How ironic is it that these games are released after Ulilillia became a normal person and prefers taking mud baths and kayaking than breaking Bubsy physics...

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Plutonis posted:

Sans the skeleton for smash

I'm definitely on the same wavelength as you but let's just say I think we should take this to PMs 👀

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

https://www.deltarune.com/

Hype!!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Spyware of the Year 2018. Toby Fox does it again.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

It's Undertale 2 demo. Override the security protocols on that thing you call a heart.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
On the first count: if this really is the fate of gaijin games im super disppointed but i feel looking back on most bit trip releases isnt super favorable. Indies have become more than 8 bit bleep bloop no checkpoint "nes hard" that defined almost every bit trip. They still hold a place in my heart but replayi g those 10 minute long stages in like .beat and most of runner 1 is insanity. Still good tracks here and there.
I didnt see gaijin in those credits though, which is weird, but im super bummed out about this, and i wish the wacky looool bubsy poo poo should loving die just like "shrek xdddd"

As for undertale the sequel: Its absolutely going to gently caress with your pc for psycho mantis bullshit and im willing to let russians into my pc to relive stuff like flowey closing your game. If anything i felt the game never went far enough with 4th wall breaks given how open pcs can be.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

ArfJason posted:

On the first count: if this really is the fate of gaijin games im super disppointed but i feel looking back on most bit trip releases isnt super favorable. Indies have become more than 8 bit bleep bloop no checkpoint "nes hard" that defined almost every bit trip. They still hold a place in my heart but replayi g those 10 minute long stages in like .beat and most of runner 1 is insanity. Still good tracks here and there.
I didnt see gaijin in those credits though, which is weird, but im super bummed out about this, and i wish the wacky looool bubsy poo poo should loving die just like "shrek xdddd"

As for undertale the sequel: Its absolutely going to gently caress with your pc for psycho mantis bullshit and im willing to let russians into my pc to relive stuff like flowey closing your game. If anything i felt the game never went far enough with 4th wall breaks given how open pcs can be.

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

All right. All joking aside lads... Bit Trip Runner Reloaded Ressurection XD Edition wasn't actually that great of a game, definitely the weakest in the series. One wonders if the developer's hearts are really in their craft at this point.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Hey, i actually liked runner and runner2

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Undertale and Bubsy Megathread

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

6 months from now when all the bubsy games get added to xbox game pass half this forum will declare them mario killers and some will even believe it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

You say Mario-I say Bubsy

You say Chrono Trigger-I say Undertale

You say Ocarina of Time-I say Bit.Trip.Runner 2

92% of teenagers have turned to Fail Gaming .If you are part of the 8% that still play real games,copy? and paste this message

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
The bubsy characters revealed in that teaser look like they were made bu an ex rare employee who became more machine than man due to all the tracking devices.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

ArfJason posted:

The bubsy characters revealed in that teaser look like they were made bu an ex rare employee who became more machine than man due to all the tracking devices.

lmao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

ArfJason posted:

they changed their name from gaijin games to choice provisions a few years ago, its them

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I didn't realize they were actually called gaijin games, I thought Arf was using that as a disparaging term for western developers lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I didn't realize they were actually called gaijin games, I thought Arf was using that as a disparaging term for western developers lol

Lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lmao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

it was a good idea to change their name

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Deltarune kicks rear end

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

elf help book posted:

they changed their name from gaijin games to choice provisions a few years ago, its them

No matter where, even in my games, gayness assaults me at every possible second. Why coulsnt they just make better rhythm games

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

ArfJason posted:

Hey, i actually liked runner and runner2

Both the runners and core were awesome gently caress the haters

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Yeah core's pretty alright. Still sucks that the stages last an hour and if you lose you have to go through repeated gameplay you cant make go faster.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training posted:

https://twitter.com/tobyfox/status/1057646559695986688?s=20

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

o man

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

lel

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ArfJason posted:

lmao

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
does it actually do that. what if some big corporation yospos poster downloads it on a work computer and accidentally causes billions of dollars of damage or something.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

does it actually do that. what if some big corporation yospos poster downloads it on a work computer and accidentally causes billions of dollars of damage or something.

the half life 2 demo on release had a bug where uninstalling it would .deltree your entire hard drive

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I think one of those 90's D&D games would delete your hard drive when you uninstalled. Pool of Radiance I think

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Yeah lol https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pool_of_Radiance:_Ruins_of_Myth_Drannor

quote:

One major bug would cause a player's system files to uninstall when the game was removed.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

Yeah it does. And people are saying its Part of the Experience lol.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

My god he's going to be hired by Bethesda

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Toby fox accidentally exppses credit card details on dark web websites due to techniquw that allows the game to chastise you for choosing the most violent screen resolution and changing the window size.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

ArfJason posted:

Toby fox accidentally exppses credit card details on dark web websites due to techniquw that allows the game to chastise you for choosing the most violent screen resolution and changing the window size.

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ArfJason posted:

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Genius.

• Locked thread