Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Hi Dorkroom, your forum name isn't very spooky. I haven't posted here in a while because I wasn't using a lot of camera stuff, but... I got re-interested with old Canon gear.

I've got a 60D that I got new. It's aging, but aging well. I always wanted a full frame body, so I bought a 17-40L in anticipation, but I never got around to getting a full frame, so I used it on the 60D. Took some good shots, even though it's kinda an odd pairing.

But then I stumbled on the magic of the old 5D. I bought a 5DII with 150k actuations on it for next to nothing, and I love the thing. It chunks along just like it did 10 years ago, and I like the look and feel of both the body and its product.

Then I got an original 5D, because why not. I haven't used it much yet, but it's still a reasonable body.

I'm going to Vegas shortly and I was going to take one of the 5Ds, but then I thought "why would I do that, when I can buy something else to take." So... I bought a super cheap, beat-up 1DII. Yeah, it doesn't have a lot of megapixels, but it's still a full frame pro body and I'm just going to throw a nifty fifty on it and shoot the hell out of Vegas. No need to worry about taking care of it, because it's already ragged... plus the seller gave me a 6 month warranty, so I can just hammer off shots like I'm silly.

I know the battery is a bit of a gently caress with the 1DII, I have a new one coming and I'll be modifying that new battery's cap with some screw terminals to use with alligator clips to a charger. Anything else I should know about that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneeze Party
Apr 26, 2002

These are, by far, the most brilliant photographs that I have ever seen, and you are a GOD AMONG MEN.
Toilet Rascal
The 1D MkII is not a full-frame camera. It's APS-H. Unless you meant the 1Dx Mark II? Or 1Ds MkII?

Otherwise, thanks for this stunning update!!!

Also, there's a Canon thread.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Sneeze Party posted:

The 1D MkII is not a full-frame camera. It's APS-H. Unless you meant the 1Dx Mark II? Or 1Ds MkII?

Otherwise, thanks for this stunning update!!!

Also, there's a Canon thread.

Yeah, I saw that in the specs after I posted. Man, I assumed the 1D was full frame for a while before the 5D.

Sorry for adding a thread to this list of threads. I'm sure you'll enjoy the further updates.

• Locked thread