Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

STR posted:

Hadn't driven an 80s or 90s Chrysler by then I take it?

Yes, but have you ever seen how many warning/reminder ights an '80s E30 had? There were a bunch in the dash cluster, *then* there was a pod above the inside rearview mirror. Jesus Christ, there was a light for EVERYTHING. Brakes, oil change, several types of CEL, various outside lighting, I don't even remember what else. Owner was a scuzz who trashed the leased 318 convertible, and clearly never had any maintenance whatsoever done. Also, he didn't pay for the car.

tetrapyloctomy posted:

I hope your family has a nice big banana cream pie for Thanksgiving.

Oh my God. :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

A list of items you don't want to find on your workbench when you are buttoning things back up after just doing a clutch replacement:

Number 1:

Fortunately its an old Saab with a backwards engine and I hadn't yet refitted the radiator or re-bled it so it only took me 10 minutes to get it apart again (followed by 45 mins of swearing to refit the clutch shaft which has an external circlip hidden inside a blind hole with some bodywork in the way and which had obviously just slipped right in the first time I did it but refused to do that a second time...)

some_admin
Oct 11, 2011

Grimey Drawer
throwout bearing? lol oops. no rear main seal?

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

slothrop posted:

Today has been a pretty productive day. It started poorly but improved.

Old piece of poo poo dishwasher finally gave up. Seeing as the house is going to be bowled/renovated sometime next year there's no justification for buying a new dishwasher. I managed to find one on Gumtree for $50 though, newer and in good working order.

Nice. I skimped out on middle finger photos but our washing machine stopped spinning for the drain cycle but was doing to agitation wash just fine. Cursory googling and youtubing lead me to believe it was the switch actuator thingy that holds either an optical or hall effect sensor for the basket. Found it online for ~$30. Swapped it out in about 40 minutes and we are back in business.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

New Binky is GLORIOUS. That alternator setup.......

I watched that last night. Friggin amazing work.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

My cat is fluffy and stripey

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

shy boy from chess club posted:

I wanna pet that smelly cat and I’m insanely jealous

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
what the gently caress

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

:catstare:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Lol is that a skunk? Hope you had his/her glands removed :v:

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

We averaged 5.1L/100km on our first trip together.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Yea she's disarmed. She's super chill anyway and wouldn't spray anyone.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
"To remove the gearknob, simply pull it upwards with a firm, sharp movement."

Replaced with :rice:

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Have you checked your window?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i wanna pet a fartcatte

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ynh4a7FpqZg

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

I put food in stuff so she has to get it out.

https://youtu.be/_stMr3FyXgY

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

My jealousy burns with the rage of 1000 suns.

I've literally wanted a pet skunk ever since I was 5 years old :(

In other news, new company truck came in. 2019 Silverado LD. I should be driving this for a couple years. Not entirely surprisingly, gets noticeably better fuel economy than the smaller Tacoma that it's replacing.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Holy poo poo that alternator mounting :aaaaa:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

meatpimp posted:

That's a lot of implication.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yUafzOXHPE

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
A local group of California far leftist enforcement troops came to my house and forcibly made me to do a burnout today :( they want to legislate that everyone have an LSD because 1 tire burnouts ruin the, I quote, """"environment"""" Thanks alot, LIBERALS

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Ether Frenzy posted:

A local group of California far leftist enforcement troops came to my house and forcibly made me to do a burnout today :( they want to legislate that everyone have an LSD because 1 tire burnouts ruin the, I quote, """"environment"""" Thanks alot, LIBERALS

Your move, sithlords :smugdon:

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

slidebite posted:

My jealousy burns with the rage of 1000 suns.

I've literally wanted a pet skunk ever since I was 5 years old :(

In other news, new company truck came in. 2019 Silverado LD. I should be driving this for a couple years. Not entirely surprisingly, gets noticeably better fuel economy than the smaller Tacoma that it's replacing.

I got my first one 15 years ago and love them. Ive have had a bunch of them over the years. They make great pets cause they are funny as poo poo and they get really attached to you. Theyre expensive and time consuming to have a good one but totally worth it.

I also just got a Silverado. An 00 so much older but they are nice trucks. I love it already and I haven't even registered it yet.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Hey guys, know how to really annoy a girlfriend when she knows you prefer guys?

Go pick up a friend from the airport. One that she knows you used to have a crush on (20 loving years ago). I don't think my phone has ever blown up that much over a couple of hours (our airport is in BFE, and I hung out at his place for about 20 minutes - haven't seen the dude in 5+ years!).

He has a 17 year old cat. Telling her I was stroking his 17 year old (CAT) probably added some napalm. Keep in mind he's straight and engaged (though he does have a very broken 1 owner bugeye WRX that barely drives, and his fiance has a non-running 90s Maxima she needs to unload...). They just bought a new car, I'm kinda tempted to see how much I can get one of the cars for. The WRX can't pass emissions here, but has registration good for 2 more years in FL. The Maxima has current tags, but won't stay running without a lot of throttle work. Tempted to pick up the Maxima so long as it hasn't jumped timing.

Irony: 20 years ago, we lived 15 minutes apart, in DFW. Today, in Austin, we live 15 minutes apart (a couple of miles further since it's half highway now, but still).

Siochain posted:

Something something dad's gravy... :P

gently caress. YOU.

..... I had chicken fried steak a few hours ago. It was good, until now.

tetrapyloctomy posted:

I hope your family has a nice big banana cream pie for Thanksgiving.

I mean, not that I know exactly how big Dad's banana is, but I know how big mine is, and how pissed off he got (and how hard my stepmother laughed) when I handed him a box of "condoms for small cocks bananas" as a joke gift once (they were finger things). It'll have to be a very average sized pie.

slidebite posted:

That's a fuckload nicer than I expected for an LD! I was expecting a stripper model.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Nov 3, 2018

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Gave the new camera kit a random hitout today (Canon 7D Mk II, 100-400 L IS II)

I still want a 1D of some kind. But other than wank value or pay to play to attact paid work, whats the point? (Anyone knows someone with one lookign to offload, I wont say no tho) Also I'm pretty sure that 100-400 is about to become my primary motorsport lens, it's stupid good

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I still want a 1D of some kind. But other than wank value or pay to play to attact paid work, whats the point? (Anyone knows someone with one lookign to offload, I wont say no tho) Also I'm pretty sure that 100-400 is about to become my primary motorsport lens, it's stupid good

God drat, you can see every single drop of water from that sea doo crystal clear. I know that the quality of the pictures is in large part due to the operator, but that is a nice piece of glass. I look forward to seeing your motorsport images with that kit. What’s the next event to shoot?

Modus Man fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Nov 3, 2018

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Just caught the new project Binky.

Holy poo poo. That alternator setup might top everything. Did Nick retire from Lockheed's Skunk Works?

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

STR posted:

I mean, not that I know exactly how big Dad's banana is, but I know how big mine is, and how pissed off he got (and how hard my stepmother laughed) when I handed him a box of "condoms for small cocks bananas" as a joke gift once (they were finger things). It'll have to be a very average sized pie.

Hey, even a small banana can make a for a big cream pie.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

STR posted:

(though he does have a very broken 1 owner bugeye WRX that barely drives, and his fiance has a non-running 90s Maxima she needs to unload...).

Run away!!!

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

tetrapyloctomy posted:

You would know

😁

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

STR posted:

That's a fuckload nicer than I expected for an LD! I was expecting a stripper model.
I know, I was pretty surprised too.

I knew from my fleet company it would be some sort of LT model (we don't get absolute stripper work trucks, 1 step up is typical) but imagine my surprise when I realized it was an LT2 (Z71) and not only that, a special edition package with power seats, remote start, dual zone climate, 110V AC plugs, LED fogs, posi-lock, full trailer package even including a good drat built in trailer brake controller.

Chev must be making some sweet, sweet deals for fleet operators on this carry-over model. You only have 1 choice of engine in them now too, a 5.3. The guys that got 17-18 models were all V6 powered basic LTs.

I was a little disappointed when I found out it wasn't going to be the new gen 2019 at first, but after seeing what I got, I'm pretty happy. Wasn't keen on white (we no longer have say on colors) but I think it looks pretty good with the body colored bumpers, grill, etc. I'm just glad to have a mostly usable rear seat instead of the smaller than kid size jump seats with suicide doors in the Taco.

tetrapyloctomy posted:

Oh man

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Those are some very nice pictures! I've been wanting to get the missus a 70d to replace her Rebel 3 for a long while, but drat, if I can ever find a telephoto lens like that for the price of a new body, I know what she's getting first

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

My cheapo Canon 1DII just showed up. I checked the shutter actuations first... 613,000. Six hundred thousand loving pictures this thing has taken. That is amazing.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost
I am unfortunately out of ways to overextend the Thanksgiving dicking entendres. STR, YOUR FATHER PUT HIS PENIS IN YOUR MOTHER ON THANKSGIVING AND THERE IS AN EJACULATION JOKE ONE COULD MAKE ABOUT IT

In unrelated news, I am editing a paper for my wife and it is giving me a goddamned headache.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

STR's dad fucks

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

angryrobots posted:

STR's dad fucks

So does Goofy, Max

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Every dad fucks.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Has hosed*

It's not necessarily ongoing.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Dagen H posted:

Has hosed*

It's not necessarily ongoing.

Then they're just hosed

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
Are we excluding the possibility of immaculate conception?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Man that was one little lie that steamrolled huh?

• Locked thread