Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
"To remove the gearknob, simply pull it upwards with a firm, sharp movement."

Replaced with :rice:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
AI SS is good.

STR, what the gently caress are you doing, man? Jesus Christ. Run away.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
If you get one, you have to call it Lockheed.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Tomarse posted:

I always assumed that skunks were just like a fluffy badger
Badgers will gently caress your poo poo up tho.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Good luck Fender Anarchist, try and get yourself somewhere less torch-and-pitchforky about this poo poo.

spog posted:

The best revenge is living well.
Some kind of doomsday device that obliterates a large proportion of a continent does also have merit.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

No it's not. I choose not to vote and wouldn't appreciate being forced to do it.
I don't think people should be forced to vote, but I feel you should still go out and spoil your ballot by writing "none of these buggers" across it or something, so it's categorically not just not bothering.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Make it clear you don't like the candidates by still actively participating.

An impression of "all these people are quite willing to get out and vote but hate all their current options" might get you better candidates. "All these people can't be arsed" will not.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
What is that? It kind of looks like a facelift Mk2 Polo.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Oh, right, yeah, I see it now, the headlights and grille threw me.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Have you seen the original Gone In 60 Seconds? Two lane Blacktop? Or less car related, the original Taking Of Pelham 123?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
It's a pity, the supercharged engine in the 3 door hatch we got would've made quite a nice little hot hatch.

You Am I posted:

*Resets the number on the "Number of days since the last Rhyno Drama" tally*
I'm just amazed that having space for double figures on the board wasn't actually a waste of effort.

Queen Combat posted:

I've lived here since March and literally nobody has ever been in here but me. I know this, as I also have cameras and motion detectors that would notify me (and the AC controller would turn the fan on and send me a text if it detected motion).
Wait, we have a literal Mazda curse now? Cool!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

And Satan Himself designed the Audi I5 V8 as you can hear the wails of the damned from it those who have to work on the timing gear.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Yeah, it seems like he's had a rough time of it of late. 95 certainly isn't bad going though.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Comfort I can understand, but why try and go for style/fashion choices in something that's just going to end up with miscellaneous bodily fluids on it?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Queen Combat posted:

Afterwards, the director and I talked a bit, she asked if I would mind doing things like this again in the future. Feels a bit dirty but hey, if it gets my face out there (networking!) and I get to change things for future trans students, then hell yeah.
Please try to get yourself shopped onto the cover of the prospectus at least twice, pre and post transition.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Yeah, I'm on Fallout 76, enjoying it so far, suits how I played NV and 4, so I'm having a good time with it.

Only found a couple of bugs so far, but at least they're different ones to the ones in the beta.

He's right you know, that picture very much appears to be a 340mm TRX metric tyre, tread carefully.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
FT, I hope you're not in a locale where you can get shafted by idiotic low minimum coverage requirements for insurance.

Suburban Dad posted:

I can't get excited about it because I have no bros to play with and playing alone online is worse than just playing single player IMO.
My mate's haven't got it yet, not sure if they will, but I've been enjoying it on my own. There is actually a benefit to going solo, in that it gives you the time to properly dig into all the tapes and computer entries etc giving background.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

cakesmith handyman posted:

One day I aspire to owning a computer good enough to run a first-person fallout game :allears:
My 7-8 year old i2500k seems to run it acceptably, completely sidestepping the supposed minimum requirements. 12gb of RAM and the 2gb R7 gpu I got for Fallout 4.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Suburban Dad posted:

Overclocked? I still use the same processor @ 4.3 (starting getting some BSOD with it higher so I recently dropped it down for stability...getting a little long in the tooth) with a 1070 and it rocks for most everything.
No, it's just standard 3.3GHz.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Saw this pic this morning, trying to figure out which part of the car melted. The alloy wheel looks fine, must be the heads that melted? Or maybe the wheel on the other side possibly. Either way it's nuts.

Is it something with aluminium body panels? Lot easier to get thin sheet to melt than big solid lumps.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

keykey posted:

Absolutely. It's essentially Fallout 4 with friends and a hosed up food/water system, but the diseases can be fun! :haw: Going at it alone is okay and certain friends are better to play with than others, as per usual though, the super hardcore people that went balls deep on the fictional universe lore are annoying to play with. They'll read every last word from every kiosk while the other people in the party are tossing explosives everywhere and playing dress up waiting on "that guy" to finish reading every damned thing before we get to run into a building wielding fire axes with party hats on and so we can kill whatever is on the other side of the door and play dress up some more.
I pretty much am "that guy", which is why I'm happy enough to play on my own. I tend to scour areas pretty clean. But I do like revisiting stuff to just wade into killing things.

I got the bucket excavator going yesterday, entertaining way to get some ore. Also, get the Riverside Manor quest (you need the worn veil quest item), it's fun.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

fridge corn posted:

Anyone want to guess how fast an 812 Superfast is?
Hopefully not as fast as fire engines?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

tetrapyloctomy posted:

That's a loving garbage deal and it sucks you guys are getting hit with all of this, especially at once. Thankfully, at least on the HCV front her workplace should be responsible for everything since it was all occupational exposure.
This, it's totally poo poo, but I can't see how it's not on them.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
What's on the other side of the wall? Can you run all the way though, or into a stud cavity or something?

Or add coving and hide the cables in that.?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Do you have access to just put a tampon or something on/under the leaking plug?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Italy being the country where they park with the handbrake off so the person trying to park behind them can squeeze in by hitting their bumper... I think you’d be fine.
"Law says I need a helmet on a scooter, but I just got my hair done, so I'll hang it off the handlebars and slip it on real quick if it looks like I'm about to bin it"
Buzzes off up the centre of Rome in a cream linen suit, ogling anything in a skirt
:italy:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Maybe there's some kind of OBD vulnerability they can exploit?

As for why, could be someone needing a load of panels that colour.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
That's some good news at least, SGS. My view of such departments doesn't stray too far from "there's no situation so bad that involving HR can't make things worse".

Goober Peas posted:

Is there a medical difference between rectal and anal
One of the few situations where "one thing led to another" would be considered accurate rather than poor writing.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

slidebite posted:

And by check I mean she reached into my abdomen, under my ribs (literally, I'm not exaggerating), around my organs and hunted around like she was checking what I ate for dinner last night by feel. If you've never had it done, it wasn't completely unbearable, close, but do-able, but it wasn't fun.
Just be glad she was doing it from the outside, I suppose.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Dr Who proper ended with Survival.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I decided I'd like to build my godson a ride on-tractor, basically a half-scale grey Fergie. I'm trying to decide if sitting down and actually working out the kingpin inclination and scrub radius for the front axle design is perhaps taking things a bit too seriously. Even though I'm now ruminating on how much castor to build into it...

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

cakesmith handyman posted:

I've heard people at work complain about how poo poo it is that we have black Friday shoved down our throats when we don't even celebrate Thanksgiving. These people then go to the shops on or about that day to buy a "bargain" TV.
It's not like we can take a day off work and have consumer sales for every time we've subjugated an indigenous people and taken their poo poo, we'd be on a permanent two day work week. :britain:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
A what?.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
We have more Binky machining nonsense:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPYNCt5yV-U

spog posted:

Baby/childproofing for visitors is really hard if you aren't used to it.
I literally just had the conversation with a friend on that kind of subject.

"Are you sure it's going to be safe for a four/five year old?"
"Oh, yeah, it's like sixty thou wall thickness steel, he isn't going to damage it"

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I really hope the tracker app comes with a skin/sound effects for the motion tracker in Alien.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I'm just thinking about how much QC has saved that girl in ambulance costs...

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
James May is driving a Fiat Panda 4x4 Sisley in the Grand Tour trailer. Cool.

They'll probably wreck it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Man, the latest Car Throttle video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNZV3Bry5UU) really picks the perfect person to portray "fucker you shouldn't buy a used car from". ColinFurze

Dry wall expanding fastener chat, I prefer the kind Spog posted.

• Locked thread