Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
It's that time of year again!

Here's a cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

STR posted:

(though he does have a very broken 1 owner bugeye WRX that barely drives, and his fiance has a non-running 90s Maxima she needs to unload...).

Run away!!!

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Hypnolobster posted:

Was going to put the fresh snows on my car but,

the god damned tire place put them all on facing the same direction.

I've tried marking my directional arrows with paint pen before bringing them in. It doesn't work so now I just go to an indie tire guy that isn't incapable.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Humphreys posted:

Yay! Getting to do some work behind the scenes with EEVblog. I'm more camera-shy that other-dave/david so my stupid mug won't show up.

What's he like in person?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Fender Anarchist posted:

^^I started hormones on monday so I doubt there's been time for that yet.

yeah the whole "realizing who i am" thing and sorting out the fallout from that has been the main thing that's kept me from really making plans, it started hitting right after i graduated and had a lot more free time to reflect. now i've got my meds, i've got a prescription as precedent, and i've got a literal life-or-death reason to blow this loving joint.

gently caress do I hate that it's happening like this.

Good luck!

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Powershift posted:

Way too loving many. Trump has directly hurt his primary source of income, and will continue to do so, but he talks about Hillary as if she has any bearing on anything whatsoever. I'll never have a reason to talk to him again after December, so whatever.

I'm interviewing for a new father, if there are any applicants here let me know.

Can you use your height to change lightbulbs around my house?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

everdave posted:

My friends kids shoved the power seat in an outback forward now the switch is not working and he asked me to ask the masses. Can you manually any way adjust? He can not do anything more technical than using a screwdriver

You could probably drive the motor backwards with a power drill. Hopefully it's just the switch and nothing else went bad or sheared. Does it make any noise when the switch is pushed at all?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

everdave posted:

He said it sounds like it clicks. We are at a bar. He has 3 kids and I have 2 and we both blowing off some steam. I’ll begrudgingly fix it for him if I know what to do this weekend

So the switch probably works, but the motor is stuck or has sheared a gear off or something. Did the kids use the switch to move it or did they just reef on it like apes?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

everdave posted:

They pushed it from the back seat his kids are wild

Get them to push it back then. Probably sheared a gear :(

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

IOwnCalculus posted:

I've got both a Xbone S and a PS4 Pro. On the PS4 side the difference between regular/slim and pro isn't worth the savings. The only downside of the Pro is that fucker is loud.

The latest revision of the Pro (CUH-7200+) is apparently much quieter.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

carlos ghosn is going to jail

Isn't it just Japan that wants him? I can't imagine he's going to be extradited or anything.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

as far as I can tell he was taken in to custody in Japan, since sources say he was arrested and not that there is a warrant for his arrest

You're right! I guess they're finally getting serious about that whole everyone-in-the-Japanese-auto-industry-committing-rampant-QA-fraud thing.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Nice get. Sometimes in order to get a really good deal, it's not always about the item itself.

A lot of the time, you can get a good deal by being willing to put up with the seller's bullshit.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

slidebite posted:

Asbestos was the big concern on builds up until about 1960 and pretty much completely banned in the 70s.

Except in Canada, they allowed homebuilders to continue using up their back stock of it until depleted. There are houses up to the late 80s here with asbestos in them, and mid-80s with Montana asbestos-vermiculite insulation.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Man, that's a nice picture. I guess cameras have improved since the last time we chucked a robot at the rustball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

MrOnBicycle posted:

Brain says "Where are you going to get parts in Europe, you idiot".

Get the used parts from all the pretty boys who are fixing up $25k ones. I can't think of a car that would be easier to find parts for than a 60s Mustang, even in Sweden - most of those parts probably come from China now anyway.

• Locked thread