Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T-Square
May 14, 2009

Sorry to hear about all of you down south, but up here we finally gave Scott Walker the fuckin' boot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I've been looking forward all week to introducing the new girl to all of my friends at their first punk show since like last winter tonight, and now she's sick. :(

Guess I'll get hammered at the show and go buy the new Pokemon game tomorrow and re-live my childhood. :shrug:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Powershift posted:

Every once in a while a BBQ joint pops up here and serves dried out ribs with lovely sauce, and then promptly goes out of business.

If i lived in the south i would eat so much barbecue, but then i'd also be surrounded by rednecks and swamp rear end so whatever

Same thing down here in the midwest, none of it's ever good. Myself and my filthy poor apartment dwelling friends have been trying to get one of the two home-owners with a yard of the group to go in on a smoker so we can have delicious BBQ weekends.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Hell yeah, apparently a Spintires game released on Switch. Somebody buy it and tell me if it's terrible or not :v:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

meatpimp posted:

Sometimes you get lucky with Amazon Warehouse.

The battery that I put in my 6P a few months ago has started falling off the cliff, so I did the phone shopping thing again. Got a virtually perfect S8+ for $313, but when it showed up, it was registered in November 2017. I don't need to start out with a 1 year old battery already, since that is the driving force for my current replacement. So that's going back.

I was looking Sunday night and a S9+ popped up in "Like New" condition for $517, which is a really good price, but there was also 20% off cell phones in the warehouse... so total was $417-ish. loving killer deal. It showed up yesterday almost brand new, battery showed 2 charge cycles on it and it was originally registered in September. drat nice.

I literally just came back from lunch early because I opened Snapchat with like 35% battery (at 11:00AM) and my 6P instantly died leaving me with nothing to listen to. I have one payment left through my phone plan, and I was excited to have my phone bill drop by $20 each month. Guess it's either try surgery to make it last a few months, or go look for something else. Plus side, I just got an e-mail that Project Fi went to Google Fi and now I have a larger choice of phones.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Darchangel posted:

I'm the guy that stacks the used plates and utensils when I'm done with them to make it easier for the server to pick up. I hate leaving a mess at a table.

More than once, I've done this while out to eat with my family or some such, and they're always bewildered that I'm trying to make someone's life a tiny bit easier.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Adiabatic posted:

Just found ~400 magic the gathering cards from between 1995 and 1997. Spent an hour organizing them into editions and alphabetically then referenced some websites and apparently the rarest one is worth like $1.50. Most are worth like $0.14. :downs:

I did this when I was in High School, but with a few hundred un-opened Hot Wheels cars. Same result.

I wonder what I did with those, it's been ten years :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Previa_fun posted:

My wife is pushing me to get back into drums (probably mostly because I have my kit set up and she wants me to justify the waste of space) but it's been super frustrating. I played for hours a day in high school and early college and played with a couple of bands (bar gigs, nothing super serious) but after living in apartments for ten+ years I never practiced. Now I'm rusty as gently caress and getting frustrated because I'm trying to play stuff I could knock out over a decade ago but the muscle memory is gone and my hands have no idea what to do with a drum stick anymore.

Feels bad man. I know the answer is to practice more but at the same time after work I just want to have a beer and go to sleep so I worry I'll always be the guy who used to be good. :smith:

I used to play a lot in middle and high school too, and did lessons for several years, until my parent's basement flooded and ruined my drum kit. Never ended up picking it up again until recently-ish. My regular group of friends play in a kinda-punk band and their practice room is in the basement. They like me better than they like their drummer so they like to jam with me if I'm ever over before it gets too late in the evening. I was far from ever being the greatest or whatever, but I like to think I was pretty fuckin' good. Now I can reliably play like four different beats, and wind up doing the same three lovely fills over and over. Good thing they're a punk band, so they don't give a poo poo :v: They keep hinting at replacing their guy with me and I'm like "lol I could never play a full set". Been meaning to get a practice pad to practice stick control in front of the TV or whatever.

• Locked thread