Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

spog posted:

Are we excluding the possibility of immaculate conception?

The biggest dick energy of all, conception without even needing to gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Dagen H posted:

I turned in my absentee ballot over a week ago :smug:

Wow, way to procrastinate! I beat you by a week :smug:

oh god please let good things happen please dont let hellword deepen

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Florida.... :(

Time to plan my fuckin exit strategy quick like I guess

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

BraveUlysses posted:

Lol why didn't you leave the minute you got your degree. Lots of jobs on the west coast in aerospace

i've been going through some personal poo poo, that gives me a bit more stake in politics than I knew 6 months ago. also my sisters cancer had a mild resurgence that made it hard to even think about leaving. this is enough of a kick in the rear end to overcome all that though.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Fo3 posted:

If everyone has to vote, it means way less ads annoying everyone on TV, less robo calls and less marketing needed. Save billions! You could even afford to have a vote on a weekend and have a democracy sausage sizzle then.
E2: Instead of compulsory voting and cheaper campaigns the USA is like restrict voters and maximize cost. Nice system.

Campaigning at the polls is forbidden. Like, if you show up with a shirt that has a stylized donkey and a hat the wrong shade of blue they will turn you away.

I have a KKK sympathizer as governor and Senator Voldemort in DC. I think I'm gonna be loving sick.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Fo3 posted:

That's arse backwards because that's the only time you should allow campaigning IMO. Cheaper, more productive and less intrusive to the rest of your year. Plus you can meet candidates or their reps to really talk to them, or give them the shits with annoying questions, or tell them to gently caress off etc in person.
In the US system it seems you can't really meet candidates unless cheering them on in a pay per seat rally. You guys don't seem to have the meet and greet and have a hotdog voting day procedure down pat.

If ORDINARY NORMAL CITIZENS could meet politicians more of us might realize they're actual loving demons who owuld throw the lot of us into a literal giant food processor for 5 more cents in their bank account. This poo poo is working precisely as intended; keep the people distant from their golden god overlords, and spend billions to present a sanitized version of their policies and demonize their opponents.

Plus if we curtailed campaign spending, it might come out that all those donations are for the purpose of buying votes on the part of the billionaires and corporate overlords, and it just wouldn't do to have people realize that.

We are so hosed.

E: I forgot, "play wholeheartedly into your base's racism." People in FL were getting robocalls with a literal minstrel show. "HOWDY FOLKS I'S ANDREW GILLUM *MONKEY SHRIEK SOUND EFFECT* AND I'S GONNA TAKE YOU'S GUNS AND RAISE DEM TAXES SO'S I CAN BUY MESELF SOME WATAMELON AND FRIED CHICKEN!"

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Nov 7, 2018

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/gillum-targeted-new-racist-robocall-florida-governor-race-n923406

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

i've been hiding this for like 4 months but gently caress it yall are cool

so yeah i caught me a case of the genders. that's pretty important context for my reaction to all this. my state vocally and undeniably wants me dead, or at least cares enough about MAH TAX DOLLARS that they're willing to vote in politicians who do, which is functionally no different. i can't even claim the right wingers are a vocal minority anymore, 8 million people voted yesterday, something like 60% of the state, and we still lost.

gently caress this state gently caress the south gently caress the country gently caress this gay earth

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

well if nothing else the despair i've been feeling for the last twelve hours is slowly morphing into a burning hateful rage i haven't felt since i worked at loving sears

so that's.... something?

god i want to pound people's faces and i hate that i want that

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

^^I started hormones on monday so I doubt there's been time for that yet.

yeah the whole "realizing who i am" thing and sorting out the fallout from that has been the main thing that's kept me from really making plans, it started hitting right after i graduated and had a lot more free time to reflect. now i've got my meds, i've got a prescription as precedent, and i've got a literal life-or-death reason to blow this loving joint.

gently caress do I hate that it's happening like this.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

May or may not be associated with the KKK, ran on a platform that basically consisted of "I'll do whatever Lord Trump commands!"

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

The Door Frame posted:

She gave me back the ring

Boo.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

loving lol

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

The trump administration has leaked memos where their stated aim is to legislate us out of existence. Like, not just not protect our status, but blanket declare "there is no gender except that defined by your birth genitals". In that scenario anti-trans hate crimes aren't just unacknowledged, but by definition do not exist. So if someone runs me over with a car, then uses a knife to carve DIE TRANNY DIE in my corpse, any federal investigation would automatically go "welp we can't seem to find any particular motive for this horrible accident!"

There are also already reported incidents of people sending in their passports to get gender markers updated, which is legal under current guidelines, and not only having them rejected but having the government keep all certified copies of birth certificates etc that were sent in so they can't even try again.

poo poo like that is not an accident. There is no fiscal or social benefit to the culture at large. Its sole purpose is to make life harder for us, and make us even more of outcasts than we already are. I don't know about you, but I don't see any benevolent purpose for doing that.

But hey, ~~leftists~~ want you to respect all humans as if they were humans, so obviously they're just as bad as literally Hitler.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/21/us/politics/transgender-trump-administration-sex-definition.html

quote:

The new definition would essentially eradicate federal recognition of the estimated 1.4 million Americans who have opted to recognize themselves — surgically or otherwise — as a gender other than the one they were born into.
The move would be the most significant of a series of maneuvers, large and small, to exclude the population from civil rights protections and roll back the Obama administration’s more fluid recognition of gender identity. The Trump administration has sought to bar transgender people from serving in the military and has legally challenged civil rights protections for the group embedded in the nation’s health care law.

Several agencies have withdrawn Obama-era policies that recognized gender identity in schools, prisons and homeless shelters. The administration even tried to remove questions about gender identity from a 2020 census survey and a national survey of elderly citizens.

For the last year, the Department of Health and Human Services has privately argued that the term “sex” was never meant to include gender identity or even homosexuality, and that the lack of clarity allowed the Obama administration to wrongfully extend civil rights protections to people who should not have them.

"Hey some people shouldn't have civil rights!" is not the statement of a government that wants me around.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

If you can't read between the lines to see why a government, the head of which repeatedly refers to neo nazis as "very fine people", might want to claim certain classes of people don't exist, then I don't know what to tell you.

E: Honestly, I can't be assed to dig up "hard factual research" to prove to some arbitrary level of satisfaction the oh-so-controversial statement that "right-wingers hate queer folk". I would have thought that self-evident by now. I'm not holding your hand on this any further.

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Nov 8, 2018

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Yeah I'm done with it for now, I only brought my poo poo up to give context to why I was so upset about things. Didn't mean to go dominating the conversation.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Adiabatic posted:

How's everyone's day? Anything you're looking forward to?

Spending more time fixing a condo with my mom, there's a realtor coming to show it tomorrow so hopefully this'll be the last time.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Darchangel posted:

I would imagine that dealing with new hormones after a lifetime of body image/dysphoria and gender identity issues would be pretty tough on the sadbrains. It's bad enough sometimes when you're just dealing with the hormones you started with.

Believe me when I say I feel happier and more content than I have in like a decade. There are many factors that lead to high trans suicide rates, but the vast majority of them are social; chemical issues are practically a rounding error.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

BONDO

HOUSES

AWESOME

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Party Cannon are the true rebels.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Elmnt80 posted:

Show them pictures of the bus and the dragon.

She's trying to get a residency, not a rrested.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Boutta go get my face all covered in hot tranny fluid! :v:

Hopefully it's the simple fix I think it is and not genuine rebuild time.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Darchangel posted:

OH, BTW - my advice on that is to just remove the broken off pieces of the snap ring from the valve body, and just leave the (broken) snap ring in. If I'd have done that, I would have been done several *hours* earlier, and a lot less angry. See, the parts of the snap ring that break off are the ends, where the notches/holes for REMOVING THE SNAP RING ARE. Want to make a guess at how incredibly difficult and frustrating it is to remove a snap ring, in a recessed hole, when it has no tool holes?

The question is, will it continue to break further, or are the ends the only place it breaks at?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Queen Combat posted:

If you do this, does the broken snapring still function?

Also FA get one of those awesome draining transmission pans if you're gonna be in there. Been on my amazon wishlist forever.

It's just the tips where the pliers go that snap off so it should still function, I just worry about it getting further damaged.

Got a link for that? Idk if you mean the actual transmission oil pan or like a drain pan, if it's the former and adds a drain plug I may just hold off on this job til I get one.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I was about to bitch about price creep but I'm already gonna be in it for a filter/gasket, and also my price comparison is the $3k total replacement, so.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Oof, I'm seeing more videos on this failure mode where the snap ring shatters into multiple pieces, and the servo itself gets damaged.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Are the new ones from ford at least a better design?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

What if... and hear me out.... what if the power companies, spent money, to fix their lovely deathtrap fire hazard infrastructure?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

STR you need to :sever:, like, 2 months ago.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Dammit O'Reilly I'm trying to comparison shop your prices vs amazon. Might even buy local if you have poo poo in stock, but not if you block my IP from browsing the site.

Apparently looking at 4 parts listings in less than 2 minutes is just obviously a spam bot?????

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

mewse posted:

Sounds like something a spam bot would say

haha LOL what a great joke! anyway can you come click this captcha for me, no reason

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Aw man, I saw a yellow msp driving down 95 on our way to thanksgiving and I had a wave of sad nostalgia.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

the very concept of having to add humidity, even with heating, is utterly alien to my tiny brain

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I think you mean the queer is contagious oh god RUN

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

the real pro move is rent a paint sprayer and do the entire interior in one monochrome paint scheme

yes that includes appliances

and furniture

and clothing

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I've never actually done a heater core and it's exactly as awful add I thought it would be

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

meltie posted:

Yep.

On which vehicle did you perform the exorcism?

Queen Combat posted:

A P71 I think.

Yup. Still in progress too, currently fishing through one of the airbox studs that fell through to the outside when I brute forced off the assembly line clips that sit beneath the inner nuts. Turns out these bolt from both ends (one to the firewall one to the airbox) and the firewall end was left lose so it rotated and slipped through its slot, fell to the ground.

Good news is I filled the old core with water and left it in the sink, and it is in fact leaking down. So at least I know this wasn't just a misdiagnosed leaky hose or something.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

My body is WRECKED but I have HEAT and didn't have to pay $700 for it and that's all that matters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Heat? Idgaf.

Defrost, in this humid rear end climate? THAT I need. It's getting cold enough that my windshield fogs up bad at night.

• Locked thread