Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Merry christmas, everybody!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

mewse posted:

Is there a word for a puller tool where the jaws point outward?

Was struggling with fork seals on my motorcycle and was thinking I could 3D print something like this - blue is the tool, red is the ring to remove, black is the tube its being pulled from

blind hole bearing puller

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I've talked to my dad exactly once in the last 2 years and he went straight into pro-trump Qanon conspiracy bullshit.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

BraveUlysses posted:

lol this owns

how many canadians are pro-trump q-anon brain worm havers

Way too loving many. Trump has directly hurt his primary source of income, and will continue to do so, but he talks about Hillary as if she has any bearing on anything whatsoever. I'll never have a reason to talk to him again after December, so whatever.

I'm interviewing for a new father, if there are any applicants here let me know.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Can you use your height to change lightbulbs around my house?

Anything under 10 foot.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I think my headphones are finally dead: (

Their duct tape by weight percentage has crept out throughout the years, but they've carried on being comfortable and capable, but the plastics have just given up :(

I have a big head and big ears (surprise!) and it has always been hard to find headphones that don't cause physical pain, but i think these big comfy bastards are finally dead after probably 10 years :(

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

They're actually not loving ridiculous on Amazon.ca, i might have to give them a shot, thanks.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

tetrapyloctomy posted:

Y'all are nuts.

Edit: in unrelated news, the respiratory tech at work who was declared braindead after a motorcycle accident ... woke up, has started rehab, and will be going home soon.

Let that be a lesson, just because somebody rides a motorcycle doesn't mean they're braindead. They might just be suicidal.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Season 2 of "Patriot" is out on Amazon video and i wish i could mainline this show straight in to my veins. I love ever bit of it so god drat much. It's a dark comedy like Burn After Reading with amazing cinematography like Grand Budapest Hotel. The first season also includes a bunch of amazing turbo-encabulator style jargoin on the structural dynamics of flow.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Just watched: Vanishing Point
Watching now: Convoy

what do i watch nest.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

IOwnCalculus posted:

Grand Prix? Rush?

Both seem to lack social presence.

cakesmith handyman posted:

God I haven't watched convoy since I was about 12. I can't imagine it'll be as good as I remember.

It is so much loving better. You probably remember it is a "cool truck" movie, when really it's about social injustice

It's a rather painful social statement in light of current racial injustice.

I love the movie with all my heart but can't supress the emotions in relation to the message of the film, and the lack of progress with white supremacists still in charge.

I would seriously implore anybody who can't recite the move by heart to eatch it with a "clean slate" state of mind

It will be so much more than you could remember.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I cannot state enough, if you haven't watched Convoy(1978) in the last 10 years, you have to find a way to see it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It's a lexus LS400, why can't i shut these usleess parts of my brain off and figure out my problems :negative:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

64bit_Dophins posted:

Anyone else feel like the quality of car interiors really dipped from about 2005-2014?

It's only just recently that I feel like car interiors have gotten good again. I think it's just because car companies stated using that cheap looking hard plastic in their cars in the mid-aughts.

A lot of it might have to do with the fact that an airbag now has to pop out of every available surface in the event of a fender bender.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The good news is the brakes work!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I got stuck at a traffic light this morning because it was solid ice and up-hill and the dude behind me was like an inch off my bumper so i couldn't move over into the snow to find grip.

Time to get some tire chains for the lincoln :getin:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The Powershift solution would be to sit in it and reef on it with your body weight while pushing the button. It'll either fix the problem or create one too big to bother solving.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

carlos ghosn is going to jail

About drat time, the 370z is 11 fuckin years old now and they haven't even hinted at a new one.

Throw the book at him, IMO

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I've sneezed like 8000 times today, so i guess this is how i die, internal organs and bones just pulverized by constant sneezing :shrug:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Liquid Communism posted:

Sweet cornbread has its place... but that place is under chili.

beanless or beaned chili?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

meatpimp posted:

That's the right way to ask... Because they are both chili. :colbert:

I ask just to piss people off, because the same people who give a poo poo about beans in chili also put mustard in barbecue sauce.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Every once in a while a BBQ joint pops up here and serves dried out ribs with lovely sauce, and then promptly goes out of business.

If i lived in the south i would eat so much barbecue, but then i'd also be surrounded by rednecks and swamp rear end so whatever

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You lost me at tedious.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Fender Anarchist posted:

the real pro move is rent a paint sprayer and do the entire interior in one monochrome paint scheme

yes that includes appliances

and furniture

and clothing

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ferremit posted:

I’m dreading repainting the outside of my house... it’s got exposed timber’s under the verandah and 62 verandah posts....

The painter who was working for the builders said he’d charge about $10K to paint it

Aren't you a firefighter?

tape up the windows and fill the firetruck up with paint.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm over drywall anchors. I'm a stud man now.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm not THAT much of a hack, but i've done some pretty lovely "terrible previous owner" poo poo to get a vehicle out of my life in a running state.

I saw my old mack on the road a while ago and actually felt bad.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Rhyno posted:

I have a whole bin of assorted anchors. I need to pick up a quality stud detector though, dont want to gently caress around with the heavy stuff I'll be putting up.

Once you go stud, you never go dud.

I don't give a poo poo if the clock is mounted off center, or that a 10lb clock doesn't need to be anchored into a stud.

I'm pretty confident that my TV can hang out at full extension on it's mount because i modified said mount so both mounting points were centered into a god drat stud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It's December now, jerks.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3875900

• Locked thread