Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
oops, my oil filter is really clean and covered in diesel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Ferrets are great, if slightly high maintenance pets. Also, you get used to the ankle biting, i swear.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Rhyno posted:

You don't know spicy then my dude. You ain't lived til it burns your mouth at night and your rear end in a top hat in the monring.

Sounds like you just have a weak rear end.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

mewse posted:

Is there a word for a puller tool where the jaws point outward?

Was struggling with fork seals on my motorcycle and was thinking I could 3D print something like this - blue is the tool, red is the ring to remove, black is the tube its being pulled from

You can get an oil seal puller for $5-20 bucks at most shops.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Adiabatic posted:

Come say that to my rear end's face.

Most people get nervous when i square up to to their rear end's face.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I just resorted to the old bottle of Frank's, and it's turned gross :/

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
If you can't respect a fellow citizen's right to not vote, you should probably move somewhere it's mandatory and stop being a crybaby.

How's THAT for a hot take?

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Voting is NOT mandatory even in Australia. What the law requires is for you to attend a polling booth and get your name marked off. You can draw dicks on the ballot paper if you want. You can vote for Lord Buckethead and then let your vote expire.

The difference between Australia and the shithole backwater that is most of the USA outside of the coast edges is not wether you have to vote or not. It is that Australia has a real Electoral Commission that ensures fair and free elections, that ensures enough places to vote in places where people are, that both parties are invested in to make sure neither gets an advantage, that also comes up with fair divisions that take no regard of voter split, just an even number of people as possible. It ensures votes are cast secretly, that votes are properly counted and scrutineered openly. Votes that get challenged are taken out and checked by an independant person. It ensures voter intimidation does not take place and if anyone tries suppression tactics they get jail or huge fines. And hence it's generally acknowledged that despite having paper ballots, Australian elections are usually the most open and most honest / fair elections possible. Now part of why that happened is due to mandatory voting but there is also a culture of everyone gets a chance to vote and anyone trying to deny that gets strung up these days.

We also have the attitude that if we're gonna vote then we're gonna make it somewhat worthwhile anyway. Hence election booths are at schools and community halls that usually have fetes on the same day so you can go buy old books or other junk arts and crafts, the kids can go bounce on a jumping castle, old Aunt Flo can sell her rasberry jam or of course the now famous DEMOCRACY SAUSAGE SIZZLE where the local Rotary Club or similar will sell you a sausage in a slice of bread with onions and sauce for a buck fiddy so you can eat while deciding which rear end in a top hat to vote for. And hell now they have mobile coffee vans so you get barrista made coffee.

Oh and in NSW, my voting registration is attached to my driving license, so not only am I automatically enrolled, it's moved to the right electorate automatically.

Until the US voting system is unfucked and made fair, there's no point in mandatory voting.

What i said has nothing to do with the electoral system in the US. It's about personal liberty.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Ether Frenzy posted:

You're certainly free to not vote all you like, as long as you stick to the rest of the bargain.

That's not how it works.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Your country actively stops people voting.

What I said had EVERYTHING to do with personal liberty.

Forcing someone to vote would be directly against your personal liberty.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

And once again you missed my point or are being deliberatly obtuse.

I never brought up australia, why would i care what they do there?

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

fridge corn posted:

Liberalism is a mental illness

eh..

Liquid Communism posted:

This is a hell of a position to take in a thread where a fellow poster just noted why the party in power would prefer them dead. Maybe exercise a little empathy and realize that just because you're in a position you believe is insulated enough to be above it all, it doesn't mean there aren't a ton of people in the US with a lot to lose?

Except the vast majority of this country either doesn't care about your gender identity, or at most thinks "that's gross". Living in the US and acting like there's a junta hunting down trans folk is just badbrains.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

No words. I have no loving words to say that wont get me probated.

Fender Anarchist - I admire you for coming out like you have and I hope everything goes well. And I hope you stay safe from the people who ARE hunting down trans folks and making their lives worse.

Then just back up your argument otherwise with facts from reputable sources. If you can do that, i'll happily admit i was wrong and apologize.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
You're still not showing me how the government wants trans people dead.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Fender Anarchist posted:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/21/us/politics/transgender-trump-administration-sex-definition.html

"Hey some people shouldn't have civil rights!" is not the statement of a government that wants me around.

You're showing me lots of things that don't point to you being killed by the government.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
It tells me that you're being attacked and that's making you assume the worst.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Guess you don't need a uterus to be hysterical.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Oh, sorry. I thought we were just going to rant and shitpost blindly. My bad.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

meatpimp posted:

I mean... You're not good, but you're better than that...

Why bother when the people you're talking to can't even bother to try speaking like adults?

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Queen Combat posted:

My dad is 64 and my mom not far behind :ohdear:

Actually, for the past five years or so I've been noticing a marked decrease in the quality of conversations, if that makes sense. I see the early underpinnings of speech patterns and broken trains of thought that I also see with elderly and/or psych patients in the hospital.

Closing on a duplex with my parents for just this reason. Mom is on oxygen and has had cancer removed from smoking, stepfather is nearly deaf, bad back, probably going senile and has drank his liver dead several times over.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

BraveUlysses posted:

modern metal is bad

:gas:

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZEKlp-H6FE

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Hell is being an impatient man making pickles.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Queen Combat posted:

I woke up in a cold sweat with the entrails from a PSVR bundle strewn about the apartment.

While playing some Beat Saber, I noticed something brush against my leg and I freaked the gently caress out. Throw the headset off, and there's this girl just laying there:

(Also slumlord apartment, carpet is coming loose, needs to be stretched)

After rolling around for a bit, she left.

Goodbye mystery kitty! I hope you didn't bring me bedbugs.

I would very much not recommend playing VR games with the door open.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Sigh, this machine has 55h on it.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

That's exactly what i paid for my house, a few years ago.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I swear to god i will find and murder the tech at the Isuzu dealership who denied my inspection for "seized kingpins", loosened my alternator v belt and now after barely any use, my oil filter has come loose and i was around 3.5l low on oil.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Tentatively closing on the fifth, and i already have my father day drunk and telling me how much he appreciates us doing this to help him and my mother. We aren't a very emotive family generally either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Is there an AI appropriate youtuber more painful to listen to than Andrew Camarata? If so, please do not post.

• Locked thread