Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

A list of items you don't want to find on your workbench when you are buttoning things back up after just doing a clutch replacement:

Number 1:

Fortunately its an old Saab with a backwards engine and I hadn't yet refitted the radiator or re-bled it so it only took me 10 minutes to get it apart again (followed by 45 mins of swearing to refit the clutch shaft which has an external circlip hidden inside a blind hole with some bodywork in the way and which had obviously just slipped right in the first time I did it but refused to do that a second time...)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Holy poo poo that alternator mounting :aaaaa:

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

I always assumed that skunks were just like a fluffy badger

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

InitialDave posted:

Badgers will gently caress your poo poo up tho.
and in my pre-the-last-page-of-this-thread ideas, a skunk would gently caress you up and then piss on you just to rub it in.
I am now re-evaluating them as fluffy-cat-ferret hybrids.

The badgers round here seem too inept to gently caress much poo poo up other than themselves.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

The Door Frame posted:

I want to kind of confront her, get a chance to get some closure over this thing. I feel I deserve that much, at least

I feel like it's a bad idea because I don't want us to get back together and this might be a result of our actually sitting and talking, but I need to get some of this poo poo out of my head. It's keeping me up at night

1) Write everything down in a letter. Don’t hold back.

2) Burn the letter

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

fridge corn posted:

A new j mascis album just came out and its v good

I went to this today. It was awesome. I’m still not sure who some of the bands were:

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Adiabatic posted:

MrsAdiabatic showed me this very same image once. It's one of his favorite metal bands.

I can confirm that they put on a great show that started with them emptying 4 sacks of inflatable beachballs and an inflatable crocodile into the crowd. The crocodile was a fuckin' trooper as he then survived for the next 6 hours of being thrown around, jumped on and ridden around the venue without dying.
If I am ever in boat sinking or flood situation where I have to pick an inflatable item to hold onto inflatable crocodile is now top of my list for longevity.

If he actually enjoys party cannon, tell him to check out Crepitation, who have a very similar approach
They also finished their set by setting up a big wall of death which they then did this to. Which was inspired.

BraveUlysses posted:

modern metal is bad

NO. This is just like saying "modern cars are bad". Yes, some modern stuff is, but so is some of the old stuff.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Tape is where it’s at. You guys cutting in everything by hand are suckers.

In paint chat I have just taken my bathroom door off so I can sand and paint it as it has needed doing for 10 years.
It’s the original door to my 50’s house. It only had 2 coats of paint on the bathroom side but the bottom one was some horrible paint that took me around 3 hours and 6 belt sander belts to get off and smelt disgusting (I wore a proper dust mask)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

spog posted:

I thought a 'popcorn ceiling' was the same as 'Artex' and you guys who removed it were truly suffering.

But that clean job inspired me to look it up and it is just paper or Styrofoam?

If you want to remove Artex, it's easier to burn down your house and rebuild it without Artex than it is to scrape it off.

Talking of fire, doesn't it being make of paper or foam make it a terrible fire hazard?

Agreed. Rhyno is making it sound hard yet it just looks like some straightforward scraping!

My house was artexed in all but one bedroom...

Come back when you’ve got to strip the artex off a whole room/house Rhyno and then I’ll give you some sympathy!

• Locked thread