Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Get the snip bro

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

everdave posted:

Nice reminder my ex wife stole my Nikon and knowing it wasn’t worth the lawyers fees to demand it back. Sweet!

get your kids to steal it back

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

mekilljoydammit posted:

Ordering! Secret Aardvark has been my go-to for a while too, cannot recommend highly enough.

The aardvark is second favorite sauce but it will never dethrone my #1 hot sauce, Valentina

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Fender Anarchist posted:

Florida.... :(

Time to plan my fuckin exit strategy quick like I guess

Lol why didn't you leave the minute you got your degree. Lots of jobs on the west coast in aerospace

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Applebees Appetizer posted:

No it's not. I choose not to vote and wouldn't appreciate being forced to do it.

this is a really stupid viewpoint, your state consistently comes in very close several races that are critically important and you do nothing to oust the bad candidates (who you appear to not support) by not participating

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

keykey posted:

Maybe that's what every state should strive to do since it means the people there probably have the most open mind to not going to hard one way or the other?

lol

please stop posting

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Lol yep.

I served my country, and I'm going to use my grownup freedoms in the country I served, and partake in non voting this year ok. Thanks for your concern tho :)

So you don't vote at all? You seemingly lack the ability to differentiate bad candidates from good because they're politicians but not all things we vote on are politicians running for office...

For better or worse, district attorneys, judges and Sheriffs are all possible elected officials but are they politicians? Debatable

What about initiatives? Your state just passed one to give felons back the vote and your yes vote would have been worth the time it took to make it known.

When it gets down to it your reasoning is a cop out and I hope you teach your son that voting does matter, because it does.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Nah

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

So you'd be fine with me voting for Trump I suppose. Funny how that works, I'm an idiot for not voting, but if I voted for a candidate YOU don't like I'm even worse lol.

Go ahead and think what you want I really don't care, I was just defending people like myself that chose not to vote this time :shrug:

Also I'm going to teach my son to do whatever he feels like doing and I'm not going to hold it against him either way :)

its really really funny how upset you seem about getting some crap about this viewpoint of yours

oh well i'm glad your state voted to reinstate voting rights for ex-felons, they deserve a voice.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Powershift posted:

I've talked to my dad exactly once in the last 2 years and he went straight into pro-trump Qanon conspiracy bullshit.

lol this owns

how many canadians are pro-trump q-anon brain worm havers

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Now everyone is sitting on mountains of them praying they can dump them before they're no good.

:smugdon::yeshaha:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
30 year anniversary reissue of ...And Justice for All is out and I still cant get over how this album never sounds old

fuckin owns

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

tetrapyloctomy posted:

Back In Black is almost forty years old, and also is timeless. Craziness. (Cue the "same album eleven times" quote.)

not even in the same league sorry

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Echotic posted:

Last month, my wife and I sold both our cars. We bought an 09 Mazda Atenza/6 Wagon for her to use with the kids. Mean while I've had a couple of grand burning a hole in my pocket to get something cheap and cheap to run for my 50km/week commute.
Yesterday I came home with this:

1993 Toyota Levin GT Apex. Manual with a Silvertop 4AGE. Absolute hoot to drive. Paints hosed a la 90s toyota but body is straight. Now to look into trying some motorkhana.

Man, Toyota first put that scoop on the gt four and then stuck it on everything

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
modern metal is bad

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
tesla 3 exterior looks so incredibly bad so no surprise there

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
they're finishing up making autoclave #2 here at work

how big is this autoclave? 28 feet in diameter and 120 feet long :drat:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

MomJeans420 posted:

I'd be curious to know what it costs to construct an autoclave that large

not sure but they're gonna have a total of 3 of them eventually to achieve full production rate

the 777x wings has two spars, the largest one is a 105 foot single piece of carbon composite

the 787 uses carbon for the spars but the large spar is 3 pieces which are assembled together. also the wings are significantly smaller than 777/777x

OBAMNA PHONE fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Nov 15, 2018

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
its really easy when you have young kids, ya fuckin knobs

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I was going to hold out on FO76 for a couple weeks but caved almost immediately. Got it installed last night b7t havent played it yet

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Suburban Dad posted:

I can't get excited about it because I have no bros to play with and playing alone online is worse than just playing single player IMO.

ill be ur bro

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

everdave posted:

I just got a renewal notice for the Prius that I had to give to my lazy bum of an ex-wife. This means it is still in my name and she is out I am sure often driving drunk in a car in my name registered to me. What the hell can I do? I signed the title over to her in July. This is a person who was told by the judge in December to get a job and of course she hasn’t.

you signed the title over but did you report the transfer to the state? thats how you free yourself from the liability that comes from situations like this

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Saw this pic this morning, trying to figure out which part of the car melted. The alloy wheel looks fine, must be the heads that melted? Or maybe the wheel on the other side possibly. Either way it's nuts.

this stuff is pretty neat but its even better that right wing conspiracy nutters have latched onto the idea this is being done by lasers from space :magemage:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Fermented Tinal posted:

I am the only person who is routinely on time/early to work. I'm not missing work either, he just thinks I'm gonna get killed on the roads due to the fact I'm driving 4 hours a day.

Reality: Two days ago I decided this job isn't worth it and have already been sending out resumes, I have zero plans on remaining here for more than the time it will take me to find another job.

E: Just got off the phone with my broker, I do have depreciation coverage and comprehensive on the Kia, because it was required for my financing, fingers crossed the car gets totalled.

4hrs a day commuting sounds miserable, I hope you find something better soon

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Rhyno posted:

He's a former customer of mine and we knew something was hosed back then. We're also pretty sure he's in violation of his offender registration as he's adopted a new name.

PHRASING

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Rhyno posted:

My wife's company catered a lunch for the local industry professionals and because of the poo poo weather a bunch of people couldn't make it so my fridge is now full of Chipotle catering.

nice collection of e coli ya got there

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Well I might as well ask in here, where should I place my left and right speakers?

I figured the center channel speaker can sit on the mantle but IDK what to do about left and right.

I could theoretically do in wall but the cost is prohibitive but I really don't want any visible wires

Maybe wall mount the speakers to the side of the TV and hide the wires behind the TV?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Queen Combat posted:

Why are all five speakers sitting on the mantle?

Also my PS4 Pro from SAMart came in today. Just swapped the HDD for an SSD because why not, gonna play HZD.

Cause I haven't hooked them up yet?

InitialDave posted:

What's on the other side of the wall? Can you run all the way though, or into a stud cavity or something?

Or add coving and hide the cables in that.?

Exterior wall

OBAMNA PHONE fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Nov 18, 2018

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Yeah it's not ideal but TBH I don't really spend any time sitting on the couch to watch TV. If I'm watching it I'm across the room in the kitchen and that's right at eye level for me at 6'4"

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

MomJeans420 posted:

This is probably like asking what's the one true religion, but I need a corn bread recipe and my friends from the south insist you can't use sugar, and all the recipes I see online have sugar in them. Thoughts and/or recipes? My friend who makes very good corn bread but is from California uses sugar, but it tastes good so I may just use his recipe.

Are you actually serving it to southerners or just sticking to their rules?

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2015/11/southern-unsweetened-cornbread-recipe.html

TBH this is probably better but it has some sugar

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2015/01/moist-and-tender-brown-butter-cornbread-recipe.html

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Brown butter is so good it really makes a huge difference in so many things

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2013/12/the-food-lab-best-chocolate-chip-cookie-recipe.html

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I got my first big Green egg almost 10 years ago and it's the best thing ever

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Elmnt80 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEvxIiNl3rY

Give a gram of pure mdma, some gum, a freezer of icepacks and this game and I'd have a drat good weekend. :catdrugs:

VR fruit ninja lmao

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Well somebody stole a fuckload of firewood so there's definitely a paranoia already in place.

What about patio doors? Are there installable locks I can retrofit so the backdoor isn't useless?

the PO may have simply told a neighbor that they were free to take as much firewood as they wanted before closing

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
^Laminate flooring can be a mixed bag in wet areas like bathrooms. Yes it's cheaper than tile but any amount of standing water left on laminate flooring can seep into the seams and cause immediate damage

LloydDobler posted:

Nothing sucks like painting half a wall, switching buckets and finding that the tint is just a teensy tiny bit different because they still only pay minimum wage at the paint counter.

It's the machine's fault! (I used to work the paint counter at Lowe's)

OBAMNA PHONE fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Nov 25, 2018

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
oh man so glad we passed that tax bill last year! just imagine how much less money GM would be making!

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

ExplodingSims posted:

It's worth noting that just because the records show low unemployment, that doesnt take things like underemployment into account.

Just because the gig economy bubble has burst yet doesnt mean people are doing well.

he's doing well, which we all really really care about

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

keykey posted:

I understand being salty about being poor is kind of "your thing" and all, but go out there and do something about your situation: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2968008

lol, gently caress off shithead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

BraveUlysses posted:

lol, gently caress off shithead

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread