Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER
Cattes are great.

EDIT: Except when they chew the corners off your throw pillows and then casually lounge on those same throw pillows, as if gloating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Ether Frenzy posted:

Nobody's unchill. I'm just surprised that people in this country throw away something that many citizens in most societies throughout history would have killed people to attain.

Like, you're definitely free to not take this $100 bill, for sure. I just don't see why you'd refuse it.

Do you think that more people voting is somehow going to increase the quality/"goodness" of the candidates?

I don't get what you don't get. Voting is making a choice, just like buying products from one company over another, or getting your pet from a puppy mill or the local shelter. Some people don't like either option, so they just don't get a dog.

The Prong Song fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Nov 7, 2018

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Fermented Tinal posted:

It's okay, I do the play-by-play thing for poo poo I'm excited about too.

Like quitting your job with the lovely manager?

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Rhyno posted:

No degree, no experience, got a great job at 39. I know plenty of people with great jobs but they are saddled with crushing amounts of debt.

Edit: now reading it's more than 15% of GMs total workforce.

When do we declare that the US Auto Industry is second-tier? I mean, aside from trucks?

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Goober Peas posted:

Oh hey, a bazillion posts in the chat thread. Someone's gonna get probed.

edit: there you go

Have you driven a Ford....lately?

Yeah, I bought one, it was a piece of poo poo and the dealership treated me like a piece of poo poo, both pre-purchased and post-purchase. I already whined about it in the hatchback thread and in my Miata build thread.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

T-Square posted:

I literally just came back from lunch early because I opened Snapchat with like 35% battery (at 11:00AM) and my 6P instantly died leaving me with nothing to listen to. I have one payment left through my phone plan, and I was excited to have my phone bill drop by $20 each month. Guess it's either try surgery to make it last a few months, or go look for something else. Plus side, I just got an e-mail that Project Fi went to Google Fi and now I have a larger choice of phones.

A long-time Project Fi user, I just got an e-mail from Google advertising $1000 in travel-related gift cards if I bought a Pixel 3 or 3XL today.

Getting a Pixel 3 128 GB for $900, getting $250 on my Pixel 2 trade-in, and getting $1000 in flight gift cards? Works for me.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

MomJeans420 posted:

I would love to know why MMS on Fi works sometimes when I'm connected to my work's wi-fi, always on my home wi-fi, but if a pic won't send on my work wi-fi, I can just disconnect the wi-fi and it will go through no problem. I had a theory involving SSL certificates but that wouldn't explain why it works sometimes.

Have you turned on the Project Fi VPN in your network settings? If not, you should do so, if so, have you had these issues since you did so?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

bolind posted:

CentOS is a oval office of an operating system. Why is everything stupid?

That is all.

No wait, it isn't, my horrible boss has her last day tomorrow, that's cause for celebration. :byewhore:

...what? CentOS is, like, the best *free open-source Linux for enterprise environments. What're you comparing it against, SuSE or something?

• Locked thread