Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Olympic Mathlete posted:

"It's the day after Halloween, Lin."

Discussing taking down the yard decorations on the way into work this morning... my wife wanted to take them down ASAP, I want to wait until Saturday because :effort: and daylight (or lack thereof). She followed it with a request to put Christmas lights up.

Rhyno posted:

Man, Target has some insane deals on TVs this black friday. Almost makes me want to head out that day.

Aren't most of those deals available online too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

ilkhan posted:

My mom laughed for about 5 minutes straight when I pointed this out to her.

My youngest brother and I share a birthday near the middle of the month. Yeap.

Also, out of nowhere and after 2+ years without a car, he decided to buy himself a C5Z. It's loving mint, and as it turns out, surprisingly comfortable for tall people - both of us are 6'4".

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Blech. McSally still has a lead, and the margin is smaller than the number of (most likely mail in) votes that Green got, even though she withdrew from the race at the last possible moment.

gently caress me I wish we had preferential voting.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

QuarkMartial posted:

Apparently, if I'm not happy with the results of the election, I'm supposed to organize and devote my life to political activism. Who the hell has time for that?

Just venting, sorry.

And of course our shitbag governor got re-elected no problem.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The Door Frame posted:

no American candidate will adequately represent my views. As far as I can tell, there will never be one in my lifetime, but I will support the least capitalist, least oligarchical candidate I can. If nothing else, my vote will show that a voter is dissatisfied with our insane libertarian economic, civic, and environmental policies

This, along with "we really loving need preferential voting". But we'll never get it because the only people who can implement it are those who stand to lose.

Unrelated: I think I'm starting to get a few too many sideways glances when I'm banging away on my Model M in the cube farm at work. I was slightly tempted to buy a keyboard with some Chinese Blue switches (I have one at home and like it well enough) but then remembered that it's really not that much quieter. Are there any options these days that are as close to the feel of an M as possible, but without anywhere near as much noise?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I'm gonna choose to drink piss because I'd rather not eat poo poo......Oh wait I don't have to do either? Sweet.

You don't have to choose which, but you're still getting force-fed one or the other.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Darchangel posted:

That's why we need the none of the above option.

So what would happen if that was actually the highest vote-getter?

As it stands now, "I choose not to vote" is functionally the same as "I vote for whoever more people vote for".

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Geoj posted:

Jesus gently caress, "none of the above, reset and give us a flesh slate of candidates" needs to be an option.

I realize you meant to say fresh, but... Blood for the blood God. :unsmigghh:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

CornHolio posted:

Just got a call from my mom.

My dad had open heart surgery two years ago and had two valves replaced because they were infected. They told him if they got re-infected, he would probably die.

He hasn't been feeling well, and his cardiologist thinks that's why.

gently caress.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck. My old man had one valve replaced out of nowhere years ago. He had been monitoring his blood pressure for a while and one day it comes up low despite him otherwise feeling fine. Went to the doctor, went practically straight from there to the hospital for surgery.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Queen Combat posted:

If sane polichat is allowed, :siren:Arizona just flipped their senator, from early voting ballots that are being counted right now.:siren:

God drat I hope that holds up, and I say that as someone who voted quite begrudgingly for Sinema... she's not half as progressive as the attack ads claimed, which is a drat shame :v:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Suburban Dad posted:

Not looking forward to a 5-6 hour drive with a 1 year old,

I did a few of these when mine was that age or around it. If you can get them to sleep, no problem.

If not... big big big problem :pwn:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Grand Prix? Rush?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Someone apparently stole Roadkill's Mazdarati. Not sure how far they're going to get with an insanely... "unique" vehicle like that.

IOwnCalculus fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Nov 11, 2018

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

GVoice makes you verify the forwarded number so it's probably not that :v:

The current state of the phone system is utterly turbofucked. It's really amazing that robocalls have not been this bad before.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Scrubs was IS the best. Do you wear crocs though?

I need to binge through Scrubs again, it's been too long. That show is so loving good.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Queen Combat posted:

Time for some fake confidence, friends.

Fuckin' send it.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Queen Combat posted:

https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-265-8...ssion+pan+drain

It's the cheapest I've ever seen it, too. For that price I'd also buy a fumoto valve because gently caress it why not.

I'd worry that a Fumoto would be too close to the ground there. But yes get a Dorman plan with a drain plug, I did that on the first ATF change on my WJ and have been very happy with it. I should really order one for my 4L60E.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

NitroSpazzz posted:

This is one of the big things that I'm worried about when we do finally have a kid. Wife makes too much to not work so they'll be going to day care bringing all sorts of nasty crap home. I'm immunosuppressed so if I'm in the same room as someone sick I'll get it. Everything hits me a lot harder too.

It's inevitable with kids, but the upshot of childcare situations like that is you get it out of the way sooner. The kids who build that up before kindergarten get sick a lot less often than the ones who stay at home until then.

FO76: Was annoyed as hell about the fact that the disc is useless. I have a 1TB cap on my cable modem so 50GB+ game installs make me prefer discs for consoles. Haven't played it yet since I need a PSN+ or whatever online account for the PS4, and I want to binge the rest of the way through the main RDR2 plot first.

IOwnCalculus fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Nov 16, 2018

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Saw this pic this morning, trying to figure out which part of the car melted. The alloy wheel looks fine, must be the heads that melted? Or maybe the wheel on the other side possibly. Either way it's nuts.

Could be intake manifold, heads, or block.

I want to say that pic is from an older wildfire, not the current ones, but maybe it's happening more often.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I've got both a Xbone S and a PS4 Pro. On the PS4 side the difference between regular/slim and pro isn't worth the savings. The only downside of the Pro is that fucker is loud.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Just watched Wreck It Ralph 2 with the family. Loved it and am not the least bit ashamed to admit that the part that had me fuckin' dying was the bit with the Disney princesses.

Also, don't read the credits or you'll spoil the last after credits scene: Ralph Astley.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I suspect the C10 is the only vehicle where a heater core is not cause for massive self harm, because they put the whole loving mess under the hood instead.

Of course, the factory HVAC loving sucks.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Oh I do love it so much when my mother in law, who we haven't had contact with in years, swings back in by shooting my wife an absolutely vile text message full of the poo poo we cut her off for.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

My wife doesn't always see it that way, but I agree.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Already done. Was slightly surprised she hadn't done it already.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Queen Combat posted:

Are you advocating for suicide? Please don't.

:golfclap:

meatpimp posted:

I teach this in class. I ask "how many of you were told that you have to do well in high school to get into a good college to get a good job?" EVERY SINGLE STUDENT raises their hands. They are shocked when I tell them that is a new construct and that wasn't told to students even 20 years ago.

The system has generated this doctrine that everyone needs to see college as a path and that's just bullshit. College has its place. So do the trades and other service careers.

At the same time this doctrine has arisen, the cost of going to college has, in many cases, tripled. It's some serious bullshit fuckery we're doing to an entire generation of students when they go from having to ask permission to go to the bathroom to making life-effecting decisions within moments.

20 years ago is when I was getting that line of bullshit, but otherwise I completely agree. The costs of post-secondary education are loving astronomical, and the value of that education is arguably decreasing.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Yay, my kid broken her elbow today.

She is far more upset about having to drink some ibuprofen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Fermented Tinal posted:

Hooray for saving a life! Good job.

No kidding. Hell of a night for sure.

• Locked thread