Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

gently caress black friday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

BraveUlysses posted:

lol, gently caress off shithead

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

keykey posted:

social justice is good for everything, business is bad and is what screws absolutely everything up.

Agreed unironically

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Regular Cars guy is so very bad at driving on a track.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

As a former rally / track instructor..... hes better than 95% of people.

Mostly because he actually IS listening and knows he is poo poo. Those are the people who are awesome to teach.

He seems to listen and want to learn, I agree, and yeah he is fairly honest about knowing he is poo poo but still does basic poo poo like look down and try to adjust HVAC controls and talk to passengers in the back seat and go on long winded stories about nothing while on track. I know part of that is his schtick but god his last batch of videos has been especially unfortunate.

Fun game: Watch the POV drives and pay attention to how many times he talks over or interrupts the car's owner.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

da muthafuckin share z0ne

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

LloydDobler posted:

I don't get the hate for popcorn ceiling. I guess I just accept that it's there and it does its job. It leaves me alone, I leave it alone.

Yeah. I mean maybe I was exposed to too much popcorn ceiling as a child but the effort vs. reward is way way off for me.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Every item I've ordered on Amazon prime for the past week has been delayed. 4 or 5 things. GG Amazon.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

My wife is pushing me to get back into drums (probably mostly because I have my kit set up and she wants me to justify the waste of space) but it's been super frustrating. I played for hours a day in high school and early college and played with a couple of bands (bar gigs, nothing super serious) but after living in apartments for ten+ years I never practiced. Now I'm rusty as gently caress and getting frustrated because I'm trying to play stuff I could knock out over a decade ago but the muscle memory is gone and my hands have no idea what to do with a drum stick anymore.

Feels bad man. I know the answer is to practice more but at the same time after work I just want to have a beer and go to sleep so I worry I'll always be the guy who used to be good. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Elmnt80 posted:

Take a step back from what you used to play and work your way back into it. I suspect you'll find it easier to work your way back up from the basics. I know it was for me when I started loving around with a bass again after 5ish years. Though it did make me realize I need a bass with more of a jazz neck since my hands don't fit well on your average neck. Maybe one of these days.

Yeah, honestly it's 90% getting my hands up to snuff which can only be achieved through exercises and slow practice with correct technique. When I was in high school I took lessons my parents paid for (god bless em, I can't imagine a more obnoxious hobby for a kid to get into) and while my teacher was kind of a meat head 80s butt rock guy he devoted a good chunk of the lesson to just going through Stick Control at various tempos to warm up and I think that did more for me than anything else. It's just so so boring. :v:

I'm actually somewhat considering doing one of those "school of rock" adult programs just to get back into the swing of things and meet some like-minded fellow musicians.

Edit: Stick control is as boring as it sounds. https://bateriaipercussiovalls.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/stick-control-for-snare-george-l-stone.pdf Just combinations of stickings designed to be run through with increasing tempo. It's seriously the gold standard for get gud at drums though.

Previa_fun fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Nov 30, 2018

• Locked thread