Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
I see consistently good reporting and tweets on developing stories from Caroline O.: https://twitter.com/RVAwonk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/jkass99/status/1058113512570933248

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
Out of town for a work trip (voted absentee already), and I'm gonna hit the gym to try and stay away from booze tonight.

Ugh.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

Holy poo poo

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/RVAwonk/status/1059963093248290816

I'm happy to start (and possibly end) the night with these results and wait until morning in for the rest. There were way too goddamn many of his campaign signs in rural parts of Virginia where I work.

E: corrected link, I think

egyptian rat race fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Nov 7, 2018

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
My favorite thing about Virginia is the gobs of state employees and contractors with "no step on snek" vanity plates.

I hate the Robert E. Lee plates with a passion

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

Arc Light posted:

One of the bootlickers on my Facebook feed has been sharing it nonstop and crowing about how the admin takes the evil awful liberal media to task.

One of the best things to come out of the last two years is I got the gently caress off of Facebook, deleted the apps, etc. I still have an account so people can look me up but I am never on it and turned the notifications/emails off. It's great- so much toxic bullshit I never see, and the disappointment at the horrible opinions of my extended family has dropped considerably. Some were pissed that I was "ignoring" them, but now instead of communicating through endlessly forwarded "news" articles, I get a nice phone call from my mom or dad if they want to talk. We rarely talk politics anymore, which is probably related.

If you absolutely have to have the adult pacifier in your hand all day, install IG and follow a bunch of accounts with travel photos, dogs or hobbies and get lost there. I'm not joking... Facebook is mostly garbage (with ads!) and it made a noticeable difference to my attitude when I got rid of it.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/markfollman/status/1060989463629680640

Every time I think my gauge is broken, I see something new and the needle snaps right back to "what an rear end in a top hat"

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/RogueSNRadvisor/status/1061128803995414529

Ol Musky just can't resist finding more round holes for his square pegs

Edit: TIL they have a "Bioweapon Defense Mode" in development on some Tesla models so if the owner to leave the interstate it'll keep the poor people germs out

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
100% chance some kid is gonna lock their little brother in there. I would have

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

mlmp08 posted:

That is what kills me more than the under-compensated labor, which is already a thing nationwide. At least make it possible for these skills to be used in civil service jobs later.

Is it just that firefighting agencies won't hire them? I've worked in commercial diving and there's a training program run out in California that is pretty famous. https://www.kcet.org/agenda/con-diver-program-still-going-strong

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Cnn was babbling about the staff shake ups, Melania making him look whipped with the most recent. Talking heads talking about the staffers walking on eggshells after the veterans day optics.

I hope they wear their service to the Hate Mango like an albatross around their necks until the end of their careers

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

Arc Light posted:

French women who provided comfort to the Nazis had their heads shaved.

Surely there is an appropriate level of shame between zero on the one hand and being physically exiled from society on the other?

E: let me clarify, if you're low-mid level LE/military or Tom the loving congressional mailman with a few years until retirement I don't give a gently caress, your position doesn't have control over policy. Not really.

If you're a political appointee or elected official with any real leverage who is complicit with separation of families etc. then some of this evil poo poo needs to stick to the sole of your shoe for a long time.

egyptian rat race fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Nov 15, 2018

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

EBB posted:

:laugh: that guy is loving nuts

One of the very last times I commented on Facebook was a year or two ago when my cousin (who just happens to be an anti-vaxxer) started posting poo poo like that about the wild fires at the time. Some of those images even look re-used.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

Lol @ anyone who can't figure out how to feed a family for $273/day (plus groceries, I'm guessing)

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

Milo and POTUS posted:

I'm not joking, we should all move to New Zealand so we can help the kiwis besiege the rich fuckos who doomed the world when poo poo goes to poo poo.

I love the idea that whoever is still alive on the surface after the wealthy flee into their bunkers will find a working tractor and pile rocks on the entrances till the gas runs out or radiation takes its course. Should be pretty easy to find the air exchangers, too

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
The real funny part is all the granular data Amazon got from the applicant cities during the HQ2 search. They got to see long-term development plans from dozens if not hundreds of localities, so there will be more of this except it'll be for land, data centers, distribution centers, etc.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's still more optimistic than the future we're heading towards :D

The Mountain Goats posted:

Wet your finger, place it toward the wind
Feel disaster in the air
We are far too slow to outrun it now
But not too far gone to care

https://youtu.be/PVRdVKHHgQY

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
I think waterpolo is pretty safe after playing five-ish years... only head injuries I ever saw were broken noses. My grandfather had a bunch of shoulder injuries from playing football in West Virginia in the 50s. My dad played both rugby and water polo in college. Both pretty much said "hell no" to me playing any football growing up.

Having a friend develop severe seizures after playing only two years of high school ball (repeated concussions, allowed to continue playing etc) made me think this was a good choice. He was 15 and basically told "don't ever hit your head again".

CURRENT EVENT:

Reuters posted:

Kushner, who also serves as a senior White House adviser, will be admitted to the Order of the Aztec Eagle because of "his significant contributions" to a new North American trade pact agreed to in August

article

egyptian rat race fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Nov 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
I spent most of a week in Edinburgh last year and it kicked rear end. I regret not taking a train somewhere. What should be next on my list in the British isles?

Current event: it turns out millennials aren't killing industry with targeted spending...

Check out @NPR’s tweet: [url]https://twitter.com/NPR/status/1068490328414408711

egyptian rat race fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Nov 30, 2018