Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Imagine getting massacred by someone wearing that fuckin God guns and Trump Shirt. loving surreal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Not looking forward to what international relations are gonna be like once this sinks in in the wider population and majorities of the global electorates go into holy poo poo every man for themselves mode

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

If you have nothing to do for ten minutes today maybe email an I appreciate you to someone like AOC or Ilhan Omar. I did it with a German female MoP that is famously a target of fash vitriol bc she stands up to them. The level of strength and dedication it takes to weather that sort of barrage of hate 24/7 is loving superhuman.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Did Ann Coulter just own Hilldawg and Trump in the same tweet??

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Holy fuuuck

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

I read a study recently - it was a small population exploratory thing, not a major epidemiological one - that people with high-normal blood pressure in midlife, ie like 40yo and 135 bp, had noticeable excess brain mass loss compared to controls (you're gonna steadily lose brain mass in the second half of life no matter what), albeit in the single digit percentage range, compared to controls. So bp indeed might be a problem.

If you're worried about this getting a little regular exercise, reducing stress, getting your weight in order, stimulating your brain (learn a language, paint, more stimulating job, whatever), and laying off the alcohol are things that will improve your quality of life, are doable for most of the population, and very probably good for your brain.

The flagship species thing I've read isn't so bad because you can't just raise some butterflies / pandas etc. and dump then in a paved, DDT-soaked hellscape, you have to do proper habitat protection for them, and that also benefits the less cuddly common warty slimeworm. So using protecting the whales as a fundraising and mobilization tool for environmental efforts also benefits all the other species.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Blind Rasputin posted:

The truth is, Russia won. They saw an opportunity and played the long game and when America soon falls into chaos because Trump’s executive power crumbles, they will be the true victors of the Cold War.

Russia has been in arguably worse chaos for 30 years now